» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 233 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,621
Posts1,341,300
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,566
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,825
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1428982
23/05/2013 14:33
23/05/2013 14:33

B
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
B

I just hope the media gets a grip and doesn't give them a podium and a voice. Report on it, keep it short and to the point, no rationalisation or summising. Just fact and symapthy for the victim.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1428983
23/05/2013 14:35
23/05/2013 14:35

B
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
B

Oh dear.

"Frank Gardner adds that while the suspects may have been subject to a security service investigation and possible surveillance in the past, the suggestions he is getting from Whitehall are that there were no indications they were going to do something violent"

"BBC sources have named him as a Muslim convert called Michael Adebolajo"

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: ] #1428984
23/05/2013 14:36
23/05/2013 14:36

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: Big_Muzzie
Report on it, keep it short and to the point, no rationalisation or summising

The fact they are being called terrorists to me says they are already trying to rationalize it....they will no doubt be given lots of protection from the Euro do-gooders....

Last edited by RICHB; 23/05/2013 14:36.
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: Brewster] #1429014
23/05/2013 16:53
23/05/2013 16:53
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
Originally Posted By: Brewster
What are the answers to these problems? I fear that shutting the door after the horse has bolted is largely futile. The video I saw yesterday showed an African looking chap with the murdered soldier's blood all over his hands shouting Praise be Allah. He appeared to speak with a London accent. It's reasonable to suggest they he may have even been born here. Until the ruling liberal minority, living in their leafy suburbs, realise that simply being born here does not make you British we'll carry on having these problems. Until they face up to the fact that their experiment has not just faltered, but outright failed, then the wedge will carry on being driven further.

So then, if the liberal minority were to accept that their experiment has failed then what would be the answer?

Do you tackle insular communities with some kind of forced integration policy, or do you have a standard British-ness test and stick everybody who fails on a raft in the North Sea? Is your answer to a divided society to become more divisive?

Dear monos, a secret truth.
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429019
23/05/2013 17:05
23/05/2013 17:05
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
The answer would have been not letting swathes of people into the country who had no intention of integrating, no intention of working and no intention of giving up their medieval ideals. However, we can't turn back the clock.

The first thing to be done is instant imprisonment (and deportation if not "British") for any preacher inciting violence against this host country. Also, demolition of any place of worship found to be used as a front for terrorist or paedophilic practices. No crying to the ECHR, no appeals, just gone. You could kill two hooks with one stone by tying Hamza to the wrecking ball before swinging it straight through the side of Finsbury mosque.

It might not see an instant reduction in levels of these acts, but long term it would and it would send a message that it will not to be tolerated in this country.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429022
23/05/2013 17:08
23/05/2013 17:08
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
And the next morning, when every CofE church is rubble?

[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: barnacle] #1429023
23/05/2013 17:11
23/05/2013 17:11
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
Originally Posted By: barnacle

I only go to any place of worship when forced to through social occasions - weddings, christenings, etc.

The last time I was there I don't remember the cloaked JuJu man at the front inciting the killing of the local population.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: AndrewR] #1429025
23/05/2013 17:19
23/05/2013 17:19
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty
Originally Posted By: AndrewR
What are the answers to these problems? I fear that shutting the door after the horse has bolted is largely futile. The video I saw yesterday showed an African looking chap with the murdered soldier's blood all over his hands shouting Praise be Allah. He appeared to speak with a London accent. It's reasonable to suggest they he may have even been born here. Until the ruling liberal minority, living in their leafy suburbs, realise that simply being born here does not make you British we'll carry on having these problems. Until they face up to the fact that their experiment has not just faltered, but outright failed, then the wedge will carry on being driven further.

So then, if the liberal minority were to accept that their experiment has failed then what would be the answer?

Do you tackle insular communities with some kind of forced integration policy, or do you have a standard British-ness test and stick everybody who fails on a raft in the North Sea? Is your answer to a divided society to become more divisive?

Further to this point, any attempt to reject certain groups for their un-Britishness will quickly reach a point where the distinction is impossible to apply. Whether or not multi-culturalism is an "experiment" by a liberal élite is open to question, but what is not in doubt is the fact that the UK in various forms over the centuries has absorbed diasporas from many countries, races, creeds and faiths. We truly are a mongrel nation. Our ability to absorb new and different facets to our "normal" life is part of what makes us British. For any number of socio-economic reasons (among others), the challenge involved in living together peacefully is harder now than possibly at any other time, but there actually isn't any realistic alternative. We all have to accept that "sending 'them' back" is as outdated and laughable a concept as Communism or the idea that one race/sex is inherently more intelligent than another. You can try to round "them" up, but you will quickly find that you're rounding up "us" as well.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429027
23/05/2013 17:36
23/05/2013 17:36
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
But, for the last 400 years every group of foreigners that has come over has integrated with British society. Yes, we have China Town and Carribean communities in areas of cities, but they bring to the party. They work, they integrate, they bring their cuisine and those that sought asylum during the wars of the last century were grateful for the chance to escape. They learnt English, they encouraged their children to speak it, they strove to make a better life with the opportunities afforded them. This was right on their part and also on ours for giving them those opportunities.

There are large parts of many cities within 60 miles of me that are simply no-go areas now. The population do not wish to mix, they do not wish to speak English, they don't want to even acknowledge the English exist until they want free housing and handouts. They insist their children are taught in their mother tongue, they insist their women are covered head-to-toe, they insist that all shop signs are written in their language except the ones on the doors saying "No Whites Allowed," they insist that as non-believers we are only worthy of their hatred. You're from Sheffield, Jim. Don't tell me you haven't seen this with your own eyes?

Citing us all as mongrels because 1500 years ago my Great^70 Grandfather was a Viking is a weak attempt to hide a problem that has arisen in the last 30 years through an open door policy and isn't going to go away allowing things to continue as they are because, you know, it's none of our business what they say about us/do to our working class girls/how they plan to kill us.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429040
23/05/2013 18:22
23/05/2013 18:22
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
Well I've lived in Coventry and Slough, both well known for their ethnic populations, and I've never seen a 'No whites' sign.

As for what language people speak between themselves, how they dress, who they associate with that's part of living in a free country. Isn't freedom part of being British? Or is it only good when you use that freedom to do what you're told?

Your broad-brush, all-foreigners are benefit-scrounging, English-hating, racist, terrorist paedophiles is *exactly* what is going to turn the actions of a couple of nutters into something of national importance, because it's the rhetoric that drives people to burn down mosques, beat up anybody with a dark skin or even vote for UKIP!

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: AndrewR] #1429044
23/05/2013 18:34
23/05/2013 18:34
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
Your broad-brush, all-foreigners are benefit-scrounging, English-hating, racist, terrorist paedophiles is *exactly* what is going to turn the actions of a couple of nutters into something of national importance, because it's the rhetoric that drives people to burn down mosques, beat up anybody with a dark skin or even vote for UKIP!

I have never made such accusations. I've said there are plenty of examples of people that I've met who aren't those things - my dentist, for example. These are the integrated ones, though. The ones happy to mix with the indigenous population. Strange that, isn't it?

I have voted Tory all my life which is why I'm sad I can no longer do so. CMD and the party just do not represent my political views any more. He and his cronies have failed to be Tory in anyway since taking power. I shall be voting UKIP in every forthcoming election until the Tory party sorts themselves out and represents their core instead of trying to appease to a middle that doesn't like them anyway. I find it hilarious that all hues of party are running scared that their self-serving right to rule might be at threat. It is no longer racist to question our need to be suckling at the sickly teat of the most corrupt organisation on earth - the EU - whether you like it or not.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: Brewster] #1429053
23/05/2013 18:53
23/05/2013 18:53
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty

I have never made such accusations. I've said there are plenty of examples of people that I've met who aren't those things - my dentist, for example. These are the integrated ones, though. The ones happy to mix with the indigenous population. Strange that, isn't it?

I have voted Tory all my life which is why I'm sad I can no longer do so. CMD and the party just do not represent my political views any more. He and his cronies have failed to be Tory in anyway since taking power. I shall be voting UKIP in every forthcoming election until the Tory party sorts themselves out and represents their core instead of trying to appease to a middle that doesn't like them anyway. I find it hilarious that all hues of party are running scared that their self-serving right to rule might be at threat. It is no longer racist to question our need to be suckling at the sickly teat of the most corrupt organisation on earth - the EU - whether you like it or not.

You are Shinyshoes and I claim my £5.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: AndrewR] #1429056
23/05/2013 19:09
23/05/2013 19:09
Trowbridge,Wiltshire
jon13 Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
jon13  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Trowbridge,Wiltshire

So people who vote UKIP actively partake in the activities you mention and share the mind set you've so eloquently portrayed? That's one way to generalise different groups of people with a broad brush I suppose... crazy

Well done to Ingrid for trying to intervene and help whilst also making a stand and telling the guy straight that his actions will not have the desired affect he wanted.I bet he wasn't expecting that.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429061
23/05/2013 19:20
23/05/2013 19:20

B
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
B

Brewster you've missed the point - they are African not Asian. Converted to Muslim. Not born and bread. These are not the drug dealing paedos that haunt the low levels of society. I've seen the no whites signs. I've also driven past whites view in Bradford with racist comments plastered all over the sign regarding whites. But these are the lowest level of dirt, doing it not because they were born that way but because it sounded like a good idea.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: ] #1429065
23/05/2013 19:46
23/05/2013 19:46
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

burning oil in the alfa
Turned off the story when the reporter said they didn't know if they "were lone wolves" or not grr rolleyes

Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: Brewster] #1429097
23/05/2013 21:43
23/05/2013 21:43
Berlin
barnacle Offline
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin

I only go to any place of worship when forced to through social occasions - weddings, christenings, etc.

The last time I was there I don't remember the cloaked JuJu man at the front inciting the killing of the local population.

Me neither... but don't you rather think you missed my point?

[Linked Image]
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: barnacle] #1429105
23/05/2013 22:12
23/05/2013 22:12

T
tim42
Unregistered
tim42
Unregistered
T

Two people were arrested in Gillingham last night for attacking a mosque. Having gone to Gillingham to watch football for the last 45 years am I surprised? No. The majority of football fans are fine, but there is a considerable minority who are sub-human idiots and encourage their offspring (often of primary school age) to hurl foul abuse at opposing fans, players and match officials alike. The language directed at a black assistant referee last season during one match prompted me to leave the ground - if I had complained to the perpetrators I would have been hospitalised, and there were no stewards within screaming distance. Just so sad.

Racism is alive and kicking in Britain; it is a generational thing brought about by ignorance and segregation (mostly by choice) in certain areas of the country. I went to school with many Asian kids and therefore have no issues at all, but my 92 year-old mother will still not let certain doctors go near her, which causes a lot of problems. The more integration the better, as familiarity does NOT breed contempt, it breeds trust and friendship.

Blimey, my second rant of the night..... to finish on topic, the ghastly incident in Woolwich is just going to fuel mistrust between races, and the age of the people who carried out this attack really depresses me. It is going to take a long time (more than my lifetime) for the wounds between races and faiths to heal.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: barnacle] #1429107
23/05/2013 22:21
23/05/2013 22:21
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads

Me neither... but don't you rather think you missed my point?

I saw your point. I chose to make light of it as we both know it's silly. If a building used to encourage the murder of the inhabitants of the country in which it is built is torn down do you think that justifies the destruction of every CoE church in the UK?

Imagine it was a house used to murder a few children such as, say, the West's residence or Ian Huntley's house. Do you think that razing those properties justifies other paedophiles razing a courthouse or police station?

Either way, most CoE churches are built like castles. They look a lot less fragile than golden painted domes, moot point or not.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429108
23/05/2013 22:29
23/05/2013 22:29
Berlin
barnacle Offline
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
You still miss my point, Adam.

If you raze a mosque, do you really think you won't have a riot on your hands? It's not a question of whether it's justified or not, simply that the default reaction these days seems to be riot. You knocked down my mosque/synagogue/church - so I'll knock down yours.

Like it or not - we still live in a world where the stone-age mentality reigns supreme in some areas. As demonstrated by the culprits yesterday.

And that's why I believe it should *not* be treated as anything other than a murder - a particularly foul murder, but I don't suppose there's such a thing as an unfoul murder. You see the actions of a very small subset of a goup of people who are being manipulated by an even smaller subset of people who are using religion the way it was designed: as a controlling mechanism for personal power. Don't dignify it even with comment.

[Linked Image]
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429116
23/05/2013 23:00
23/05/2013 23:00

B
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
B

Hmmm bad timing by channel 4 - +100 Asian men raping sub 16 y o white girls and then trafficking them. Batten down the hatches, it's about to get choppy!

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: ] #1429117
23/05/2013 23:09
23/05/2013 23:09
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
Originally Posted By: Big_Muzzie
Hmmm bad timing by channel 4 +100 Asian men raping sub 16 y o white girls and then trafficking them. Batten down the hatches, it's about to get choppy!

EFA.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429119
23/05/2013 23:12
23/05/2013 23:12
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Harpenden
I am glad this thread correctly identified the two morons as murderers rather than terrorists.

They are no more terrorists than I am ruler of the universe.

The scum that murdered Keith Blakelock were murders and these two are just the same. The drivel that they came out with about us keeping out of "our lands" when one had grown up in Lincoln and lived in Essex London just shows them up for the gullible half-witted fools they are.

How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429125
23/05/2013 23:29
23/05/2013 23:29

B
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
Big_Muzzie
Unregistered
B

Fair call Brewster!
Bliley the lad was local to me, married 10 miles down the road....

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: Brewster] #1429136
23/05/2013 23:51
23/05/2013 23:51
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland

You said that multiculturalism had failed - either you believe the majority of the UK's ethnic population is as you described (your denist excepted, naturally), or you believe that the people you described are a minority, in which case why say that multiculturalism has failed?

What's actually the case is that in any sub-group you care to name there will be some people who just don't play nicely with the rest of society. It's nothing to do with the colour of their skin, the god they follow, the country their grandfather was born in or even which football team they support.

Saying, "These people did something bad and they belong to group x, therefore all members of group x are bad" isn't anti-PC or racist it's just flying in the face of everything we observe about our fellow humans on a day-to-day basis - we don't fit nicely in to little boxes like that.

But once you've labelled a group and start treating them as your enemy then you can bet that they will become your enemy. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and the only road you can hope to walk down when you start putting idiots like UKIP in charge.

Finally, consider this - whatever you think of the EU these are bad economic times and Germany alone accounts for £75M of UK exports per day. We have to buy from abroad, we're never going to be a self-sufficient nation, but they don't have to buy from us. UKIP are stupid enough to put their greed for power ahead of the best interests of the nation; are they really your best bet for registering your protest against the Tories?

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429143
24/05/2013 00:13
24/05/2013 00:13
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
I imagine we account for at least the same, if not more, for imports from Germany, then there's France, Spain, Italy.... None of those countries are going to want to jeopardise the fiscal arrangements we have. If we went back to the Economic Community that my parents and grandparents voted for and not rule from Brussels by unelected socialists then maybe we could have a harmonious relationship again.

As much as you'd love us to be the same, we are fundamentally different to mainland Europeans because we won the war. We were never occupied. We don't crave peace at any cost, possibly the greatest cost - the ability to self govern. No British citizen, other than the political elite, have ever had a say on whether they want to be part of the EU. The reason all parties are scared is because they know the majority of the country don't want to be and it could ruin their gravy train.

The reason I will vote for UKIP is that the only other choice I have is voting for a Pro-EU party. Cameron promised me a referendum and lied. He's lying about a referendum in 2017 too. He's as crooked as the rest. The only difference amongst the "Big 3" these days is the colour of the tie.

Anyway, I heard a terrible atrocity happened in London yesterday...

Edit :- And for the record, I have never said someone from X community committed X crime therefore everyone from X community is an X criminal, and you know it. I've made my point clear - I think there is collusion and complicity amongst the communities and you can't prove me wrong any more than I can you. The evidence of what's occurring and what's not being reported from within those communities lends itself to my theory, though.

Last edited by Brewster; 24/05/2013 00:52.
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: Brewster] #1429175
24/05/2013 09:16
24/05/2013 09:16
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
A
Azzura Offline
Enjoying the ride
Azzura  Offline
Enjoying the ride
A

Aberdeenshire,Scotland

As much as you'd love us to be the same, we are fundamentally different to mainland Europeans because we won the war. We were never occupied. We don't crave peace at any cost, possibly the greatest cost - the ability to self govern.

Apart from when we lost the war with Italy ( Rome )and were occupied by them. And when we lost the war with Norway ( Vikings )and were occupied by them, And when we lost the wars with Germany ( Angles and Saxons )and were occupied by them. And when we lost the war with France ( Normans )and were occupied by them. There is no such thing as an indigenous Briton, we are a race of mongrel immigrants and have been for thousands of years. I am part Pict, part Celt, part Norse, part Roman and part Italian who happened to be born a Scot - all directly from elements of my family

No British citizen, other than the political elite, have ever had a say on whether they want to be part of the EU.

Not directly in a specific referendum on the point but in 2010 UKIP received only 3.1% of the national vote and it has only 27,000 members. It appears that the vast majority of the British are making it quite clear that they do not wish to vote for what that party believes in.

Last edited by Azzura; 24/05/2013 09:17.

Yesterday Sprint Blue 20VT,today Denim Blue TT225
Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429179
24/05/2013 09:21
24/05/2013 09:21
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
See what happens at the next election. The groundswell is very much with UKIP. I predict they'll wipe the floor at the European elections and that they'll have at least 3 MPs in the next GE.

I've already addressed the point about us being a mongrel race earlier in thread. It's true, we are. It also has absolutely no relevance to the problems we face today, either.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: Brewster] #1429181
24/05/2013 09:41
24/05/2013 09:41
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty
It also has absolutely no relevance to the problems we face today, either.

In exactly the same way as trying to hold on to some fictitious and outdated concept of a WASP UK in glorious isolation from Europe or the wider world has no relevance. In today's world, where global travel has become a reality for anyone who can scrape together a few hundred dollars, there are no more and will be no more "pure" countries/races where historically indigenous populations can live unaffected or un-enriched by other cultures. Your UKIP gang of xenophobes, finally out of the closet, can close the borders and stick their heads in the sand of good old English beaches and they and their kids may die white, but they will be no more than a fleeting and curious footnote, like the Amish.

Honestly, there are more important things to be addressing than skin colour or culture.

And the EU "the most corrupt organisation in the world"? Blimey, you really have been brainwashed.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429186
24/05/2013 10:03
24/05/2013 10:03
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
And there we are. As soon as someone suggests that self-rule, controlled immigration, and a sensible energy policy based on our needs and not how many useless windmills Brussels wants us to have might be the way forward the R-bomb gets dropped. UKIP are not the NF or the BNP. It has nothing to do with skin colour or culture and everything to do with self determination.

Can you name another trillion dollar organisation that hasn't filed a set of accounts in the last 15 years? If it was Ford the CEO would be going to jail, but it's the EU and their socialist dream can only be A Good Thing®.

Re: Woolwich murder [Re: jon13] #1429191
24/05/2013 10:24
24/05/2013 10:24
Corridor of Uncertainty
J
Jim_Clennell Offline
Forum veteran
Jim_Clennell  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Corridor of Uncertainty
Well, UKIP may have no racist dimension, but if that's the case, their immigration policy leaves room for misunderstanding.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3