» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 180 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,762
Posts1,342,377
Members1,603
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,626
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,313
PeteP 21,591
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,368
Edinburgh 17,024
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 20:46
1 x Blue oblong fiat badge keyring, 1 x Yellow Coupe keyring and 1 x Yellow Coupe pin please if still available! Thanks 😊
34 5,854 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 20:43
Can you add me to the list please
30 4,427 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
Yesterday at 14:55
Sorry don't know the car, it is surprising given the ratity of these cars how many are not known on this site. Posts like yours are quite common but seldom get a reponse, I didn't with mine and it's got a club badge on the windscreen. If you look at the 'spotting' thread it's depressingly similar.
I guess people who have had them move perhaps as result of a bad experience and don't want to look back, that said it's amazing how many of us keep coming back, they're a bit addictive!
1 187 Read More
Handling
Yesterday at 07:27
Is that more of a upgraded stock setup or different setup entirely?
2 166 Read More
UK Social Events
16/07/2024 09:15
Fingers crossed the weather stays as forecast for Sunday! I remember last year ducking out the way of the thunderstorms under the big trees perilously close to the Lambos.. crazy
3 447 Read More
Coupés for Sale
15/07/2024 19:14
Price: £7,000
Engine and model: 2.0 20v Turbo Plus
Mileage: 133,000
Body colour: Moon Grey
Interior colour and material: Recaro leather black with red stitching
Manufactured in: 2000
MOT: 2 May 2025

Good overall condition with no dents and very few chips on the bodywork but there is some light micro bubbling on some panels that presumably are due to some previous paintwork. The wheels have been refurbished before I bought with no corrosion or damage. The correct spare wheel, jack etc are in the boot which is also in good order. Three keys including the red master key together with the original service book and invoices for other work in more recent years - before I bought it a new clutch, rear brake callipers had been fitted.

I’ve done some work on it myself including installing a new thermostat, a/c condenser and dryer, lambda sensor, washer pump and rear springs and shocks (standard not lowered) - I have original digital receipts for all parts. I also replaced the slam panel which I had powder coated. I’ve got a set of front Brembo calipers that I refurbed along with new Brembo drilled discs….if I don’t get around to it I’d include with the car. Existing calibers are fine but would look better if recoated. Currently has issue with not starting when car is hot i.e. after using the car then stopping and restarting…after few mins it is fine. I have fitted a new crank sensor but not solved.

Recently serviced myself - oil, oil filter, sparks and pollen filter. I replaced the air filter to a K&N performance one (standard not cone) a while back.

0 190 Read More
Coupé Spotting
15/07/2024 13:52
Very nice midnight blue 20v at Calne Car show outside the motor museum. Unusual pale seats.
1,196 867,227 Read More
Coupé Projects
15/07/2024 13:51
Well, I'm back on this project now...
Rear wheel arches, drivers door, bonnet and boot lid all being repaired, restored and/or painted.
Had the exhaust manifold restored, repaired and strengthened.
Digging out some old but good wheels and tyres.
Re-service required as has sat for so long.
Need bonnet badge now lol
Exciting :-)
7 3,461 Read More
Non-UK Events
14/07/2024 09:18
I've managed to sit down and watch it properly now.

On the TV, its much easier to appreciate the filming.

However, I do agree there's a bit too much camera messing about.
660 117,312 Read More
Track Days
13/07/2024 20:59
Ha ha, no as I knew what to expect this time

Cheers Jamie
27 6,697 Read More
UK Social Events
12/07/2024 17:11
This year Festival Italia will take place on Sunday 11th August at Brands Hatch, Kent.

https://www.festivalitalia.com/

Once more the club has been allocated the 20 display spaces we requested.Festival Italia

The booking procedure is different this year.

The club has this specific link which members have to use to become part of our display.

https://displaymyvehicle.msv.com/ca...oup=54476b58-6167-41e1-bea1-5ddbf1b6dfae

If you book using one of the general public links it will ask you to input a 4 digit code which is specific to this club. The code is 9927.

MSV, the organisers, have brought in a completely new booking system this year and they warn that previous accounts registered will almost certainly not work, so applicants will need to re-register both themselves and their cars.

As before they will email when an application has been accepted and ask for the money which is £12.50 and includes display car and driver and one display lap at the end of the afternoon.

I have gone through the process making my booking and it worked fine for me.

So far we have 5 spaces taken:

1. PeteP confirmed and paid.
2. Ali_and_Marvin Confirmed and paid
3. Cooperman confirmed and paid
4. Gigli confirmed and paid
5. Mark Morrison , approved but not yet paid.

We have now opened up space on the stand to all owners of Fiat Coupes who wish to display their cars.

The display pass costs £12.50 and comprises 1 x Vehicle Display Pass, 1 x Driver Admission Ticket - RRP £25.00 and 1 x Free Parade Lap (subject to event schedule on day).

The deadline for applications is 11 pm on 28th July 2024.

As usual please add your name to the list when you apply so we can see how it is going.
0 328 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
11/07/2024 21:22
As far as I know John is still working
1 504 Read More
Tuning
10/07/2024 09:34
that's right, finding the right place is a challenge here
54 6,322 Read More
Tuning
10/07/2024 08:51
Originally Posted by shaky20vt
Not the one I had fitted, I just got fed up with the low rev judder in first gear, so I removed it.
I did have a standard flywheel, though.

What clutch did you use in the end to handle the torque?
2 501 Read More
General Chat
09/07/2024 06:16
Ooof
795 240,636 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
08/07/2024 20:39
The RS3 was amazing on our trip to Turin and back. The car was faultless and returned reasonable 32.4 mpg. But the most surprising aspect was just how well the car cruises, no fuss and fantastically comfortable. We expected the car to be tiresome on the run from Turin to Holland, but not a hint of it. That run flew by and we arrived surprisingly fresh. I am so pleased I didn't specify the adaptive suspension. Maybe if I had planned to track the car it would have been of benefit but as I don't then it has been perfect.

The only element missing from the trip was having the ability to take the roof down. I never understood the open top driving thing but when Trish insisted on her first roadster, I too was hooked. We do have a TT roadster in the stable, a MK2 amplified black TDI. It's a car that we have taken across Europe on so many trips and is Trish's daily driver. It is a lovely car and whilst the diesel returns a fantastic MPG and looks great, receiving a lot of attention, it lacks any real performance and drama. This coupled with us having a MK3 TT coupé saw this version of the TT really grow on us.

So, for quite some time I've been watching MK3 roadsters, and have viewed a few. There was a small hiccup in my plan, the Fiat Coupé. In the run up to the anniversary event I was becoming tempted to pull the trigger on another coupé. But the desire to get another TT roadster swiftly returned. A TTRS version was very tempting but I swiftly dismissed it. I couldn't possibly sell my RS3 , I have a four year warranty and five year service plan. There is also no way I could have two 5 cylinder Audi's, the insurance alone nowadays would murder me. Prices are now double what they were when I bought my TTRS in 2019!!!

The TTS is OK but they are a lot of money, for a car that offers little over the 2.0 TFSI Quattro. Insurance company's are also murdering those too.

So the search was narrowed down to the 230hp hp Quattro and this week I have found one. It's a little older (2016) and is in Sport trim, rather than the S-line or Black edition I wanted.
The car is in stunning condition, a credit to it's two former keepers, and minimal mileage (30K). It also has all but one of the factory options that were available, at that time. The invoice shows over £13000 of selected options!
27 6,669 Read More
Coupé Projects
07/07/2024 18:27
Last full day tomorrow at the ring, car has been faultless

Since the last round of mods, it’s so much faster around the track

I guess Misha’s video will be up in the next month

Cheers Jamie
182 23,094 Read More
Coupé Projects
06/07/2024 21:28
I’ve been welding in patches to fix rust on my sons K10 micra for the last 4 months, but finally back on the coupe…

I’m about to get on with the final assembly in the engine bay. Basically the pipe work for the induction system. I think I’m able to figure out how it goes together, bar the wiring looms.

Is there a guide to how to route the engine bay wiring? What goes over or under what, and where does it clip in?

I’m not looking for a wiring diagram, just an overview of the placement of the loom, relative to the other components.
191 26,616 Read More
Buying Advice
06/07/2024 12:41
Hi, Does anyone have any info or know if this car has belonged to a member on here. I was interested but its over 200 miles for me to go view
0 624 Read More
Coupé Projects
04/07/2024 20:46
Originally Posted by CanadianCoupe
I'm looking at alternative plastic fittings to make it as easy as possible to convert.

Yes simplest solution.
20 983 Read More
Styling
04/07/2024 20:00
Plus wheels in original silver is the only way for me (if it's a Plus). Original is always best.
12 7,325 Read More
UK Social Events
03/07/2024 14:53
Here are more details of the show at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon celebrating FIAT's 125th anniversary and organised by our friends at Fiat Motor Club UK.

Here is a link to the event giving the details Tickets are available on line from that website £11.00 per display car and driver. It also gets you admission to the museum.

When I booked my tickets there seemed to be a glitch: It insisted that I input the registration number 3 times! So be prepared.

The Club has been allocated dedicated display space for 10 coupes, We can ask for more if needed up to 20th July.

Please post in this thread if you are going so I can get more space if needed.

Thanks.

So far 2 coupes going as at 3July..

3 1,893 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
03/07/2024 09:13
Worst moment was a total brake failure at 70mph when I applied brakes to come off dual carraigeway at my junction!! Managed to get off at the next junction and crawl home with gearbox/handbrake use. Helix braded hose had been rubbing, worn through and dumped all fluid.

Most fun was a rolling (ca. 40mph) start burn up with Nissan GTR, he only dropped me by a car length, before he experienced the magic 3rd gear and must of wondered what they hell was following him with laugh out loud driver :-)

Oh yes, returning from Flea's on M4 with OBC in passenger seat, not wanting to get pebble-dashed by a gritter, so undertaking by going off at junction and then coming back on, giving it some beans and experiencing the full benefits of the 360bhp re-map......

All my numerous visits to Rog at Powerfiat, PowerItalia and PowerDevelopments were a highlight and a great laugh.
2 1,637 Read More
Coupé Projects
02/07/2024 18:47
I found that the master brake cylinder for a VW Jetta 93-99 is also 22.2 mm (0.875 in) diameter and has the same fitting to the brake booster as the FIAT.

I went to the VW dealer and unfortunately all the models they looked up have the brake reservoir directly on top of the brake cylinder.

I went to a huge European/Japanese car dismantler and got access to their warehouse. I saw probably 100 feet of various master brake cylinders hanging up and they were either the type where the reservoir sits directly on the cylinder or had no hoses connected to take the plastic fitting off.

I could make a 3D model of what I want but I'm weary of the ABS or PLA plastic braking down when exposed to brake fluid. I guess I have time to leave something soaking in brake fluid to see what happens.

I checked with FIAT and the plastic parts for the Coupe LHD that I need are no longer available.

One option would be to try and find a LHD Coupe being broken for parts and get the plastic fittings off that. I think the best option for this would be to contact sellers on ebay selling Coupe parts.

I've attached a picture of the VW master brake cylinder. It's shorter than the FIAT one, which is good. The VW one is about 3cm longer and the LHD FIAT one is about 5cm longer than the RHD FIAT one.

I've also purchased a used FIAT Punto 99-06 master brake cylinder whose plastic fittings may work depending on what size they end up being!

John
4 496 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
01/07/2024 19:52
The roof lining was the bit that got me. However the rear end damage was pretty serious.
1 269 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2