» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mcallistertad, Jamiepm, carmine), 225 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,625
Posts1,341,362
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,834
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249432
07/12/2006 01:40
07/12/2006 01:40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sedicivalvole, reading that story made my blood absolutely boil. I dont think I would have had your patience if I saw that happening, I would have been straight on the phone to get a man with a weapon to back me up, and i would have kicked the living shit out of the girls.

It really has wound me up so much, I really feel for you.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249433
07/12/2006 02:38
07/12/2006 02:38
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
Once again, moderator hat on: irrespective of the impulse or sympathy for the victims, will people *please* refrain from suggesting illegal actions in response to these stories?

Please refer to the forum rules at the bottom of every page.

Thank you.

[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249434
07/12/2006 03:13
07/12/2006 03:13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry!

just wound me up

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249435
07/12/2006 03:19
07/12/2006 03:19
Berlin
barnacle Offline
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
No worries, Andrew. It's appreciated that you're taking notice.

Neil

[Linked Image]
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249436
07/12/2006 16:19
07/12/2006 16:19
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Quote:

Sedicivalvole, reading that story made my blood absolutely boil. I dont think I would have had your patience if I saw that happening, I would have been straight on the phone to get a man with a weapon to back me up, and i would have kicked the living shit out of the girls.

It really has wound me up so much, I really feel for you.

Oh your not alone i had to do my best not to hospitalise them, tbh i am suprised i didn't even now nearly two weeks after.

I think it was the knowledge and misplaced faith that they were on CCTV and would get done, when in fact they get off. but i know had I laid them all out I would of been charged as the copper confirmed to me.

Fun that they get caution first offence i would get charged first offence as they "take a dim view of assault on females"

It is so pathetic it almost makes you laugh, only plus was i was not in my coupe as i think that may of swung it in favour of violence which after the moment you are sure to regret but then again

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249437
07/12/2006 16:52
07/12/2006 16:52

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you people really have the immdeiate impulse to go and beat someone up because they hit your car? Yes the fact they are denying it is very annoying and it would wind me up too, but the thought of violence still wouldn't even enter my mind. Its a car for goodness sake. A lot of people on here either need anger management or need to learn to grow up and stop trying to 'show off'.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249438
07/12/2006 16:57
07/12/2006 16:57

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You wouldn't get angry when you see a group of people kicking your car? You'd ask them politely to go away? The thought of violence would certainly enter my mind in such a situation and I'm definatly not a violent person at all!

If someone hits your car by accident then obviously there is not need to get violent (as long as they admit their fault).

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249439
07/12/2006 17:06
07/12/2006 17:06
england
C
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop
C

england
TV I think you missinterpreted Nick's post (easier to type that sidicivalvole). He actually arrived on the scene and caught them at it, and it seems they continued to vandalise the car in front of him

Fair enough if you ccome back to your car and it's been damaged you're going to be p!ssed off, but to come back and find some gits having a go at it is a different story. I'm sure i'd have given them a smack

[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249440
07/12/2006 17:13
07/12/2006 17:13
2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
B
bezzer Offline
Forum is my life
bezzer  Offline
Forum is my life
B

2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
Quote:

Fair enough if you come back to your car and it's been damaged you're going to be p!ssed off, but to come back and find some gits having a go at it is a different story. I'm sure i'd have given them a smack

Exactly my thoughts C2D

......My Boy...... (PB #7)
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249441
07/12/2006 17:20
07/12/2006 17:20
Berlin
barnacle Offline
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
And you would have been - correctly - charged.

We live in a civilised society. A major purpose of that society is to transfer revenge to the state from the individual.

If you try and take that revenge personally, you are acting unlawfully.

You *can* however, make a citizen's arrest in such a circumstance - basically, if an arrestable offence is being committed. There's a good discussion here: http://www.kevinboone.com/citizens_arrest.html

Regarding the 'they get a warning, I get charged' question - why not? If they attacked *you* then you would have been the first to demand charging - damage to the person is a more serious crime than damage to property.

And to finish with the usual blather - the place to change this is in Parliament. Get out there and vote. If you feel strongly enough, put your money down and see how many agree with you at the next local or governmental elections.

I'm 100 percent convinced that the majority of posters on this forum would neither advocate or perpetrate violence on a person *in real life* simply for property damage; if there are then might I suggest anger management courses?

Neil

[Linked Image]
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249442
07/12/2006 17:28
07/12/2006 17:28
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Both feet in Meldrew Ave
I don't suppose for one minute that the majority of us on here are violent or advocate violence; however, can any of you honestly hand-on-heart say that if you returned to your car and found someone kicking dents in it, and they carried on kicking it in front of you, that you'd simply say "Sorry, old chap, but would you mind awfully not putting any more dents into my car with your Reeboks, if that's OK with you"?

I think not. As a minimum you'd grab them and drag them away from your car, which AFAIK in law would be common assault.

If you think you could just stand there and watch them carrying on trashing your car, and take no action, I think you're deluding yourselves.

Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249443
07/12/2006 17:29
07/12/2006 17:29
Southampton, Hants
Roadking Offline
Club member 1809
Roadking  Offline
Club member 1809
Forum is my life

Southampton, Hants
Quote:

Do you people really have the immdeiate impulse to go and beat someone up because they hit your car? Yes the fact they are denying it is very annoying and it would wind me up too, but the thought of violence still wouldn't even enter my mind. Its a car for goodness sake. A lot of people on here either need anger management or need to learn to grow up and stop trying to 'show off'.

Nothing to do with "showing off" or "growing up".

I think it's the total "Don't give a fcuk" attitude and total lack of respect for other people that these people/scum show, because they know they can't be touched, that causes the anger and desire to throttle.

Maybe if these people/scum knew there was some form of legal retribution in the offing, they might show more regard for other people and their possessions. Not, by the way, intended as another start of a law vs vigilante debate, just to explain why I get so angry and feel like resorting to physical violence. To date I haven't but probably only because the anger hasn't exceeded my self control. I hope one day it doesn't as we all know who the law will cane. Plus I'd rather not be stabbed by some wanker who needs conselling or an adventure holiday at my expense.

Just maybe one day someone will show the same respect for their cars, if they have one

"RK's way seems the most sensible to me". ali_hire 16 Dec 2010
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249444
07/12/2006 17:37
07/12/2006 17:37

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i thought that, by law, you were now entilted to use "reasonable" force to defend your property? surely if someone is kicking lumps out of your car/house/dog you have the right to physically prevent them doing it? i'm not of a violent nature but i will protect my property and possessions to the point where they desist or i lie in a bloody heap on the floor....

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249445
07/12/2006 20:54
07/12/2006 20:54

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad someone can construe my feelings on this subject well Roadking.

I remember being stood outside the front door of my ex's house shouting "what do you think your doing" at some 8 year old kid who was stealing any bits he could get his hands on from my old car including ripping the fuel filler cap off. Naturally since i shouted this his mother came out and threatened to get me beaten up for what I had done, Phoned the police "yeah this usually happens, there isnt much we can do" So essentially i had to just be looking out the window 24/7 to make sure my pride and joy didnt get broken into and/or vandalised, but there was nothing i could do about it and they knew that. Hence why i think next time theres some sort of parlimentary vote ill swing towards voting for the party who support the victim not the criminal.

As for doing something about it yourself i.e giving them a shoe-ing its pretty illegal and doesnt make you much better than them. Resonable force can only be used in protection of life, not property. Thats what the police are there for...

Sorry for the hi-jack btw just really annoys me!!!

Last edited by pfoe; 07/12/2006 20:55.
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249446
07/12/2006 20:57
07/12/2006 20:57
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Its difficult to desbribe TV i am not a violent person i get angry as do many but violent is not a word i think describes me.

Without going into the whole situation basically me and a friend were assaulted and my car damaged by a bunch of young girls.

The Police did not pursue the assault despite my friend having numerous marks on him (girl was wearing a ring) So as was said there is no punishment which is what makes me angry.

The Police would not do anything the girls knew we would not attack them back and they knew nothing would come of being arrested. I myself did stop one of the girls and pushed her back, what did i get at the station, the officer asid as we bought her in she was saying you assaulted her and touched her innaprporiately!

She dropped this before interview as they leaned on her saying there was CCTV evidence etc, but thats basically it you get involved and the waters can be muddied by the other party.

Nothing was going to happen to those girls the sad thing is they can just do it again its not important enough for the Police to care and people wonder why we have a Yob society.

If i knew the outcome of hours and hours of my time would i of bothered probably not, had it been in a non public CCTV place would i responded i think so

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249447
07/12/2006 21:16
07/12/2006 21:16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

same thing happened to me someone reversed into me and drove off and to put the icing on the cake someone put some jap tribal graphics(keyed) down the whole length of my car,got a idea who done it but police said its my word against theirs so just paided to get it fixed myself,less hassle in the long run.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249448
07/12/2006 21:43
07/12/2006 21:43

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sometimes i think its the girl chavs that are the worst cause they know you cant do anything back they think they can do what they want.

not that im condoning violence, but once a few years back some girl chav was scratching her name in a friends fiesta xr2i, he went over to her and she attacked him scratching at his eyes with a ring screaming come on then im gonna put you in hospital. well she did and he had to wear an eye patch for a few weeks but in the process he hit out at her, she fell and broke her nose on the floor. guess she wont do that again.

Road king hit it on the head. its just the total lack of respect for anything by these scum who know that even if the police act, the courts will just slap their wrist and make a tut tut noise.

the legal system in this country is a joke.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249449
07/12/2006 23:42
07/12/2006 23:42

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

We live in a civilised society. A major purpose of that society is to transfer revenge to the state from the individual.

You *can* however, make a citizen's arrest in such a circumstance - basically, if an arrestable offence is being committed. There's a good discussion here: http://www.kevinboone.com/citizens_arrest.html

Regarding the 'they get a warning, I get charged' question - why not? If they attacked *you* then you would have been the first to demand charging - damage to the person is a more serious crime than damage to property.

And to finish with the usual blather - the place to change this is in Parliament. Get out there and vote. If you feel strongly enough, put your money down and see how many agree with you at the next local or governmental elections.

I'm 100 percent convinced that the majority of posters on this forum would neither advocate or perpetrate violence on a person *in real life* simply for property damage; if there are then might I suggest anger management courses?

Neil

Atleast someone agrees with me.

Also when it comes to seeing someone doing damage, would it make me be violent, well simply, no.

When on holiday visiting my grandparents we all went out but saw some kids (well 16-18 yr olds) hanging around outside their house. We drove round the block and back and found them smashing garden furniture for no reason. Did we go and attack them, no, because i'm not a thug. Me and my Dad ran after them and caught 1 of them. Did we beat him up, not in the slightest, we marched him down to the police station.

Call me what you like, but attacking someone, even some of the low life chavs that saddly live in this country, is just plain stupid. People need to learn to control their anger and agression.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249450
07/12/2006 23:53
07/12/2006 23:53

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a few slaps never hurt anyone

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249451
08/12/2006 13:48
08/12/2006 13:48

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and it's always good to know the police are above giving people a slap, as custodians of the law.....

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249452
08/12/2006 16:07
08/12/2006 16:07
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Castle Combe
Quote:

Quote:

Neil

Also when it comes to seeing someone doing damage, would it make me be violent, well simply, no.

When on holiday visiting my grandparents we all went out but saw some kids (well 16-18 yr olds) hanging around outside their house. We drove round the block and back and found them smashing garden furniture for no reason. Did we go and attack them, no, because i'm not a thug. Me and my Dad ran after them and caught 1 of them. Did we beat him up, not in the slightest, we marched him down to the police station.

Call me what you like, but attacking someone, even some of the low life chavs that saddly live in this country, is just plain stupid. People need to learn to control their anger and agression.

TV, I think we all know what you are saying about being violent but do you honestly think you would be marching these "young ladies" down to the police station... not reality is it?

[Linked Image]

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249453
08/12/2006 16:27
08/12/2006 16:27

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, i see where both of you are coming from, violence is not the way forward but to get one of these angry lowlifes down to the rozzers is not happening. If you grabbed them by the collar and dragged them down you'd be done for assault and i have a feeling no end of persuasion is going to get them to go down. Hence why police should be there quick and why they should be able to dish out some sort of law based punishment....

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249454
08/12/2006 16:57
08/12/2006 16:57

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Neil

TV, I think we all know what you are saying about being violent but do you honestly think you would be marching these "young ladies" down to the police station... not reality is it?

In this case no, but I still wouldn't attack them, it really is that simple for me. Yes i'd be fuming and really want them to be punishes, and yes I'd get seriously pissed off if/when they only got a slap on the wrist, but i still wouldn't take it into my own hands to punish them.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249455
08/12/2006 17:20
08/12/2006 17:20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is that "Violence doesn't solve anything" surely? Other than making you feel better for a few minutes that you've "taught them a lesson they won't forget in a hurry" what have you actually acheived? I guarantee they won't have learned a lesson, and confronted with violence, its only likely to make them more violent - thus bringing yet more trouble to yourself/your area.

If you feel violence is the answer, then in the eyes of the law you are no better than the perpertrator - which gets us nowhere surely?. Unfair as it is, those who believe in the law need to uphold it, despite it all - and if it isn't seen to be working then lobby/challenge your MP etc and try to make a positive change.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249456
08/12/2006 17:21
08/12/2006 17:21

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Protestor: 'In what kind of situation could violence possibly be of any use?'

Ali G: 'In a violent one'

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249457
08/12/2006 17:24
08/12/2006 17:24
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Quote:

Is this right though? they can attack me but if hit back i would be charged while they are free no actions on em?

Think its clear its not, and the reason is.... cause they are female. As owl10 said

Quote:

sometimes i think its the girl chavs that are the worst cause they know you cant do anything back they think they can do what they want.

They think they can do what they want, it has always been a flat policy of mine do not hit a woman. But no i see how old and disfunctional that is (even i am shocked at what and how i think now but unless you have been there you cannot judge). This is not the 50's anymore woman do not behave like the female stereotype they are capable of behaving just as bad as men and in most cases with alcohol i think worse.

I am altering my theory on this, if i am attacked by a woman again of course you will try and stop it but if it continues as it did in this incidence i think i will hit back. I am not being attacked and having to stand there and take it cause the person is not male, if a male attacks you, you fight back.

The same i will be doing in future to women, though i will try and contain it more than say with a male if as in this situation its not possible then the outcome will be different.

TV i think you are clearly missing the point mate, while i agree with your statement its not relevant here as i was being assaulted as well as my property and friend.

Its a sad state of affairs really people should be punished for this cause i sure know if the genders were reversed the attackers would be charged with assault and criminal damage on a motor vehicle.

Equal rights is banged on about alot but only when it suits people.

Wow what an essay

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249458
08/12/2006 18:15
08/12/2006 18:15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

TV i think you are clearly missing the point mate, while i agree with your statement its not relevant here as i was being assaulted as well as my property and friend.

If you are being physically assaulted then (whether male/female/juvenile) then i totally condone that you defend yourself, and if that means having to hit them then i do agree.

It is just the amount of times (not just on this post) people post things like this it realy annoys me.

Quote:

That kind of thing is pathetic. Would people genuinly premedatate (sp?) an attack like that. In 95% if posts like this you know perfectly well they wouldn't actually go and do this, so why post it? It is puerly trying to sound like a big man and actually makes people sound like coplete idiots. If they really do mean it though then they should go and see a pyschiatrist and get their anger problems sorted.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249459
08/12/2006 18:25
08/12/2006 18:25
Pistonheads
B
Brewster Offline
Forum is my life
Brewster  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Pistonheads
Hmmm..... how have I managed to miss out on this discussion? Oh, I remember, I'm too busy at work, but not only that, you all know what I'd say anyway.

@ TV. Fair point, well made!

Now all of you play nice or I can see a lockdown on it's way!

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249460
08/12/2006 18:36
08/12/2006 18:36

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No lockdown needed. As far as i can tell its beeen a fair debate and nobody has got personal and i'm confident it will stay that way.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249461
08/12/2006 18:55
08/12/2006 18:55
Berlin
barnacle Offline
barnacle  Offline
Forum Demigod

Berlin
Quote:

Quote:

Is this right though? they can attack me but if hit back i would be charged while they are free no actions on em?

Possibly I misunderstood your original post; I thought that the girls were attacking the car, not you. In a personal attack you may use proportionate force in self defence; in either case you may make a citizen's arrest since both property damage and assault are arrestable offences.

The point is, you (and I) are constrained by the law; the lawbreaker obviously is not. But if you overstep the limits then you also become a lawbreaker.

Believe me, I can see your point and sympathise with it; but them's the rules

Neil

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5