» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Gigli), 202 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,597
Posts1,341,079
Members1,801
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,553
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,512
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,785
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Agreed Value for Neil Willies #1393468
23/11/2012 11:07
23/11/2012 11:07

G
gargoil
Unregistered
gargoil
Unregistered
G

Just starting my second year of insurance with Neil Willies after Sarah got my renewal set up this morning.

Just wondered if Board members of the club can do agreed value assessments yet and if so what is involved? IE Do they need to see car in person or what details are required?

Thanks

Will

Re: Agreed Value for Neil Willies [Re: ] #1393491
23/11/2012 13:28
23/11/2012 13:28

N
NeilWilliesInsurance
Unregistered
NeilWilliesInsurance
Unregistered
N

Hello

The current situation with the agreed value form that we send out is:-

The form needs to be completed by either a club committe member or garage/dealer/trader or independant vehicle assessor/valuer, once they have recently seen the car and returned with at least 3 colour photos of the car.

Alternatively, you can as the owner complete the form yourself and return with the photos but the insurers make a charge of £20, as they then need to arrange to check the value themselves.

Regards
Sarah

Re: Agreed Value for Neil Willies [Re: ] #1393496
23/11/2012 13:49
23/11/2012 13:49

G
gargoil
Unregistered
gargoil
Unregistered
G

Thanks Sarah.

Re: Agreed Value for Neil Willies [Re: ] #1430074
28/05/2013 17:01
28/05/2013 17:01
Worthing
Thunderbox Offline
Club member 852
Thunderbox  Offline
Club member 852
Enjoying the ride

Worthing
Resurrecting this thread- I wonder if this situation has now changed?
Renewal received this weekend and it is very competitive; however the valuation form attached suggested (and Sarah's assistant confirmed) that the form is filled out by me with photos etc. and sent to them who then get it assessed ('adjusted'). No mention (even when I asked) of the old system of a club official inspecting the vehicle and filling in the form with their valuation.

I only want to expedite this matter as swiftly as possible and wouldn't know what the agreed value is on my car ( I know I look after it but I'm sure that the costs of keeping up together aren't the same as the agreed value but must be more than an 'average' car on the open market, let alone the normal value paid by the industry after a claim. Who are the club officials that carry out inspections and valuations?

[Linked Image]352bhp+317ftlb/1310Kg=Joy!
Re: Agreed Value for Neil Willies [Re: ] #1430122
28/05/2013 19:22
28/05/2013 19:22
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Aldershot
Chris, If the value you put on the car falls within the values agreed between the Club, Neil Willies and the Underwriters, then there is no need to involve a club official.

Each model has a range of values depending on what condition it is in.
Those values are higher than you could expect to get from a mainstream insurer if the car were to be written off. I can't quote them on an open forum.

Only if an owner puts a value above those figures does a club official become involved.

Club officials are members of the club board.

We agreed the revised scheme in order to simplify renewal for our club members and to reduce the need for inspections.

16VT and X1/9 1500

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
Re: Agreed Value for Neil Willies [Re: ] #1430219
29/05/2013 00:43
29/05/2013 00:43

N
NeilWilliesInsurance
Unregistered
NeilWilliesInsurance
Unregistered
N

Hi

sorry I have not replied earlier, currently having an extended bank holiday, not back in work until Friday.

The current policy through ourselves on the exclusive insurance scheme requires a completed valuation form and at least 6 colour photos of the car; one of each side, one front, one rear, one interior and one under bonnet to be forwarded to us for an agreed value policy to be considered. The form can be completed by the insured, a garage/dealer/mechanic, a car valuer/assessor or a fccuk committee member. although any costs incurred to do this are your responsibility. We have already agreed a table of values with the club for the respective models which are used to check the valuation form against, so there is really no need for a committee member to have to complete the form, which we all felt would make it easier for the cars to get cover on an agreed value basis.

We have always offered agreed value where the form has been completed by the insured but previously a charge of £20 was made by the insurers to check the value themselves, so the new way should not only save everyone time but money as well.

like Pete has mentioned an independent valuation is only required where the value exceeds the guidelines produced by the club.

Obviously should you not feel comfortable in valuing the car yourself then give me a call.

Thanks

Sarah

Re: Agreed Value for Neil Willies [Re: ] #1431384
04/06/2013 11:54
04/06/2013 11:54
Behind Enemy Lines
Master_Mariner Offline
Club member 583
Master_Mariner  Offline
Club member 583
Enjoying the ride

Behind Enemy Lines
I am going through this at the moment if this helps:

I have recently arranged insurance through Neil Willies- and in the process of finalising pictures of my Coupe with the forms.

Speaking with Sarah- my view of where I thought the value of my car was, from when I bought it AND what Neil Willies think it should be insured for were quite different! (on the positive for me should I ever have an accident) So I was quite happy to be guided by Neil Willies with an agreed value.

MM