Finally got around to posting, last week whilst using the car, the alarm appeared to stick.

Whilst the car was parked, I noticed that the indicators were all stuck on, using the remote actived the alarm but did not turn the lights out. With a need to leave it there and drive it later, I rang Solo Italia who advised me about how to unplug the box whilst in the car park. That helped as the lights went out whilst the box was unconnected. I've not tried to reconnect it yet and so its loose inside the car.

Any ideas what might have caused this problem, the alarm has misbehaved a bit recently but I'd put that down to me having to alarm it with the remote but open the doors with the keys as the central locking stopped working a few weeks ago and I've not resolved that despite trying to clean the connectors out and lube all the locks with WD40. The drivers door lock unlocks or locks as the opposite of what you want to happen when the passenger door is unlocked but is fine if that door is locked.