» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Stuart, CVL200, ExCoupe), 276 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,624
Posts1,341,347
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,833
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What are my options? #1124428
01/11/2010 22:19
01/11/2010 22:19

C
carlito
Unregistered
carlito
Unregistered
C

Hi all,
I need some help and advise on what to do and where to go for insurance.
I am 25, my main car is a renault clio, and am due to get my coupe back on the road in the next couple of weeks. I had already had high quotes for the coupe, with my current 3 points, however, I have recently aquired 6 lovely new points to accompany my other 3 (complete with a £200 fine!!)

Now my quotes have gone to £1140 tpf+t for the coupe alone!!

Does anyone know anywhere I can get decent insurance quote for BOTH the cars? without needing to win the lottery first! lol

Cheers guys

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1124483
01/11/2010 23:17
01/11/2010 23:17

J
jase
Unregistered
jase
Unregistered
J

Hi
Ring my wife, Sarah at Neil Willies Insurance, info on the insurer thread.
Regards
Jase

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125320
03/11/2010 13:41
03/11/2010 13:41

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

1.change the log book for your coupe into your mum/dad/gf name
2.insure the renault clio fully comp and that should give you (doc) driving other cars on a third party only basis.

this means your coupe will be legaly driven on the road by you for free the reason you have to change the log book is the doc extention only works for a car you do not own
AND before anyone says anything the coupe DOES NOT need to be insured in its own right to do this..
make sure you tax it for a full year 1st and obviously needs an mot.

You wont do it cheaper than this but it wont be insured if stolen or fire... if you have an accident that is your fault your clio insirance will cover the third party only but not payout for the coupes damage as driving other cars is the extention on the clio policy.. if the accident in the coupe is not your fault you will get the full payout for your damaged coupe by the other car's (the guy/girl you had the accident with) insurance company.

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 13:46.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125333
03/11/2010 14:08
03/11/2010 14:08
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
Ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Sandhurst
Quote:
this means your coupe will be legaly driven on the road by you for free the reason you have to change the log book is the doc extention only works for a car you do not own
AND before anyone says anything the coupe DOES NOT need to be insured in its own right to do this..

Good luck with that one. So when driving it about and a police car with ANPR picks it up with no insurance, showing a document to say that you're driving it with a policy for a different car, but allowing 3rd party on the coupe, will result in the coupe ending up in the police impound, not to mention insurance fronting

Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125346
03/11/2010 14:53
03/11/2010 14:53

S
suba
Unregistered
suba
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: BoostMeCoupeUp

I just dont believe this - where / how / who told you this? The car would have to have it's own policy to be on the road. You also can't get a tax disc without the car being on the insurance database. confused

Re: What are my options? [Re: Begbie] #1125352
03/11/2010 14:55
03/11/2010 14:55

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

bigbie FRONTONG means driving a car YOU OWN as a 2nd driver when you really are the main driver. eg driving your coupe as the MAIN driver with the coupe insured in mum/dads name but your named on that policy as a 2ND driver thats fronting its ILLEGAL.
To say the above is fronting shows you are not really knowlageable on insurance im not being rude but thats like me trying to tell flea about re mapping.

Police will compound a car if the DRIVER has no insurance HE DOES because he is driving on his DRIVING OTHER CARS extention...

Ring the police and ask them if its allowed
the car IS insured under the clio policy so how does the coupe have no insurance so how can it be taken off him.. you said it yourself he can drive the coupe on a THIRD party meaning it is LEGAL as all third partys are fully covered if you hit them.

Worked in insurance for years and have been pulled many a time with it coming up on the data base driving our 2nd car a fiesta as im fully comp on my coupe with doc extention (fiesta log book in gf name) but when I tell them its insured under my doc extention its fully 100% legal and they let you on your way.

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 15:17.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125365
03/11/2010 15:03
03/11/2010 15:03

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: suba

I just dont believe this - where / how / who told you this? The car would have to have it's own policy to be on the road. You also can't get a tax disc without the car being on the insurance database. confused

very true re tax
You have to get a full years tax whilst the coupe is insured properly and go to the post office and get the tax.
Or call the insurance company add the car onto the policy for a week as a tempory aditional vehicle get the certificate through then go get tax from post office simple

Iv worked for Legal and general... hastings...peoples choice... swinton (broker)
ollie works in insurance does exact same thing

He has fully comp on his 20vt
he drives to work everyday in a Punto registered in his dads name
the punto is NOT insured in its own right but ollie drives it legaly on his doc extention..
3 reasons people dont want to believe this as above
1. sounds complicated
2. there annoyed theve been insuring two cars for ages
3. tax
4. ANPR (but when they find out its being driven on doc its fine)
remember the doc extention ONLY WORKS ON A CAR YOU DO NOT OWN
Also one more thing to remember only drive a car thats not worth much on doc extention because it only covers the third party.

DOC extention its for policyholder only.

so for example
my girlfriend who is named on my coupe policy as a 2nd driver cannot drive the other cars on doc extention becasue it only allows doc for the main driver
so if she drove it it WOULD be compounded by the police

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 15:28.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125367
03/11/2010 15:07
03/11/2010 15:07

J
jase
Unregistered
jase
Unregistered
J

Be careful here as not all policies provide the 'driving other cars' extension and this is being pulled by lots of insurers now so don't just assume that you have the driving other cars extension as it depends on the actual type of policy you have and your age etc....read the small print!!

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125369
03/11/2010 15:13
03/11/2010 15:13

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: jase
Be careful here as not all policies provide the 'driving other cars' extension and this is being pulled by lots of insurers now so don't just assume that you have the driving other cars extension as it depends on the actual type of policy you have and your age etc....read the small print!!

TRUE most but only most not all policies give doc when fully comp and over 25
doc is for a car you do not own
If you have a good knowlage of insurance then its a good option if not and are worried stay clear.

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125371
03/11/2010 15:16
03/11/2010 15:16
england
C
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop
C

england
This can't be right BostMecoop. I've got three cars in the household. You are saying I could just insure one! I don't know why but I'm sure the car being driven on a third party only extension needs to be covered on it's own policy somewhere along the line crazy

[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: What are my options? [Re: came2dance] #1125375
03/11/2010 15:18
03/11/2010 15:18
J
JimO Offline
Forum veteran
JimO  Offline
Forum veteran
J

It does seem true, looking on the web, but as jase has said, many companies seemingly are removing this DOC clause from their policies.

Re: What are my options? [Re: came2dance] #1125376
03/11/2010 15:20
03/11/2010 15:20

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: came2dance
This can't be right BostMecoop. I've got three cars in the household. You are saying I could just insure one! I don't know why but I'm sure the car being driven on a third party only extension needs to be covered on it's own policy somewhere along the line crazy

Ok Come to dance its a general miss conception I thought this also a few years back many people even who work in insurance think that but...

think about it

If you have doc it covers other drivers on the road against damage you may cause... so why does the car have to be insured also because its covred under the doc
but for it to be legal only the person who has the doc can drive on this doc extention and the car cannot be in your own name.
so if your family want todrive the car they will need theyre own policy because named drivers on ANY policy wont recieve the benefit of the doc extention its for policyholder only.

so for example
my girlfriend who is named on my coupe policy as a 2nd driver cannot drive the other cars on doc extention becasue it only allows doc for the main driver
so if she drove it it WOULD be compounded by the police

Last thing......
Be awear it may not last too much longer a couple of years ago when I was at swinton 2 out of 60 odd underwriters put a new clause into there policies as they are awear of this loophole the clause stated the other car MUST be insured in its own right but that was only two companies back then so check your documents it works for me and ollie and our coleagues and friends but for how long im not sure iv been doing it for years.

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 15:32.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125392
03/11/2010 15:34
03/11/2010 15:34

J
jase
Unregistered
jase
Unregistered
J

Personally, I would not want to drive a Coupe on a 'doc extension', don't think my wife would let me and she is in insurance, but, if you do have the cover on your policy, remember it is Third Party Only Cover and ideally should only be used in an emergency, well, that is what the insurers want you to use it for.

When you can get a COMPREHENSIVE policy from Neil Willies Insurance brokers on a limited mileage basis at anything from a couple hundred pounds, depending on your personal details, is it really worth going to all the trouble of re-registering the car to someone else, making sure that every year you get the driving other cars extension on your first car and above all having to worry about where you park it and how you drive it cause you only have third party only cover, so there is no cover for the actual coupe!!

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125393
03/11/2010 15:37
03/11/2010 15:37

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Personally, I would not want to drive a Coupe on a 'doc extension', don't think my wife would let me and she is in insurance, but, if you do have the cover on your policy, remember it is Third Party Only Cover and ideally should only be used in an emergency, well, that is what the insurers want you to use it for.

When you can get a COMPREHENSIVE policy from Neil Willies Insurance brokers on a limited mileage basis at anything from a couple hundred pounds, depending on your personal details, is it really worth going to all the trouble of re-registering the car to someone else, making sure that every year you get the driving other cars extension on your first car and above all having to worry about where you park it and how you drive it cause you only have third party only cover, so there is no cover for the actual coupe!!

Only do it for a car thats not worth much
thats why i would never do it on my LE only my bag of crap fiesta

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 15:37.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125395
03/11/2010 15:38
03/11/2010 15:38

D
DaveBeck
Unregistered
DaveBeck
Unregistered
D

Interesting reading.

I have 2 cars. wifes family wagon and my coop.

so if i insured the family wagon in my name fully comp(and move the coop into her name) i can use the drive any car 3rd party rule?

I could put her on my family wagon insurance as a 2nd driver allowing her to drive that. Obviously as the coop would be in her name she couldnt drive it.

Seems feesable but i wouldnt want my coop being 3rd party only insured?

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125397
03/11/2010 15:42
03/11/2010 15:42

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: DaveBeck
Interesting reading.

I have 2 cars. wifes family wagon and my coop.

so if i insured the family wagon in my name fully comp(and move the coop into her name) i can use the drive any car 3rd party rule?

I could put her on my family wagon insurance as a 2nd driver allowing her to drive that. Obviously as the coop would be in her name she couldnt drive it.

Seems feesable but i wouldnt want my coop being 3rd party only insured?

Only do it if
1. your insurance company's policy hasn't closed the loop hole most haven't
2. your coupes not worth much at all because it will be tpo
3. your wife never drives the coupe ever

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 15:44.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125399
03/11/2010 15:43
03/11/2010 15:43

J
jase
Unregistered
jase
Unregistered
J

by BoostMeCoupeUp

So why recommend Carlito insure his coupe this way when you wouldn't do it in your coupe and you know about insurance!!

Seems like this has opened a can of worms and the subject of 'DOC' needs a thread of its own!!

Last edited by jase; 03/11/2010 15:46.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125401
03/11/2010 15:47
03/11/2010 15:47

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

by BoostMeCoupeUp

So why recommend Carlito insure his coupe this way when you wouldn't do it in your coupe and you know about insurance!!

Carlito put " he has quotes of around 1000 and thats for tpf+t"
IM not recomending it to him its an option as his insurance is high.
Its all about the cars value... im not recomending it but he stated he has a quote already for tpft so its very similar because he said he has a quote for tpft not fully comp
I dont do it on my coupe because i am fully comp because i wouldnt entertain tpft like he has so thats why.

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 03/11/2010 15:50.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125405
03/11/2010 15:54
03/11/2010 15:54

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Yeh i have had enough of this now
Dont bother with it unless you know what you are doing its not worth the hassle and worry unless your 100% on it and know the ins and outs of your policy.

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125411
03/11/2010 16:09
03/11/2010 16:09

J
jase
Unregistered
jase
Unregistered
J

In case someone wants to know the 'ins and outs' of driving a car under the 'Driving Others Cars Extension' you may find this helpful:-

The Driving Other Cars extension on a Private Car motor insurance policy covers the policyholder for their liability towards third parties for any injury or damage they cause whilst they drive a car that they don’t own, that is not registered to them and is not hired to them under a hire purchase or leasing agreement. The intention of the extension is to allow occasional or emergency use of someone else’s car.

This extension is usually not granted to policyholders under 25 years of age or to anyone employed within the motor trade or associated occupations, where it would be normal for them to drive cars belonging to other people in the course of their employment.

The operation of the extension on a policy is not usually dependant upon the policy cover - it is a common misconception that you need to have Comprehensive cover for a Driving Other Cars extension to operate; most insurers include a Driving Other Cars extension on Third Party Fire and Theft and even Third Party Only policies. Check with your insurer. If this extension is operative on your policy it will be shown on the Certificate of Motor Insurance under the section headed ‘persons or classes of persons entitled to drive’.

The car itself does not always need to be insured elsewhere, but must comply otherwise with the law by having a valid MOT certificate and road tax. Check your policy wording for the extent of cover and exclusions that apply; they do tend to vary from insurer to insurer.

Anyone relying on a Driving Other Cars extension for cover should be aware that:
•The extension does not cover anyone other than policyholder. This cover does not extend to include driving of other cars by the other named drivers on the policy.
•The extension only applies to driving other Private Cars. Any vehicle not fitting this classification, e.g. motorcycles, car derived vans and vans or minibuses, are not covered by this extension.
•The extension only applies if you have permission from the owner of the car to drive it.
•The extension does not provide any cover on the car itself, its contents or for death of, or personal injury to, the person driving. If you are borrowing a friend’s car and relying on the Driving Other Cars extension for cover, please make sure your friend is aware that your policy will not cover any damage to their car whilst you are driving it, and their policy will not cover any damage caused the the car whilst you are driving unless your friend has specifically added your name to their policy and has Comprehensive cover.
If the car is not already insured, e.g. it has been off the road for a while and the previous insurance had expired, be aware that even if the driver's policy provides a Driving Other Cars extension on a car that is not already insured elsewhere, this will not apply whilst the car is parked and unattended. If you were to leave a car parked on a public highway without any insurance cover being in force, and the Police ran a check on it and found it had no insurance, your friend could be faced with a prosecution for ‘no insurance’ resulting in points on his licence and a hefty fine. Similarly, if the car was parked and left unattended in a dangerous position and caused someone else to have an accident resulting in damage or injury to third parties for which you were held to be negligent, the Driving Other Cars extension would not cover your liabilities. Cover only applies whilst you are behind the wheel.
•The Driving Other Cars extension only applies within the Territorial Limits stated in the policy wording, which, for a policy issued in the UK, would be England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. If you are borrowing a friend’s car to take abroad you cannot rely on the Driving Other Cars extension for cover – it does not apply outside the UK. You will need to be added to your friend’s existing insurance policy covering the car in question to benefit from any Foreign Use cover granted and your friend should check with their insurers what the extent of that cover is, in case it needs to be upgraded by payment of additional premium to cover your trip.

As supplied by my wife.

Like BoostMeCoupeUp has said only do it if you are 100% clear.

Regards
Jase

Note the bit in bold where for those of you that are doing this on a regular basis, thinking you are getting out of insuring a second car and saving money it could cost you in the long run, you best be careful where and how you are parking the car as it is only covered when you are behind the wheel!!! The registered keeper could still get a no insurance disqualification etc if left parked on the road etc by you when you go out in it

Last edited by jase; 03/11/2010 17:12.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125415
03/11/2010 16:19

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

The car itself does not always need to be insured elsewhere, but must comply otherwise with the law by having a valid MOT certificate and road tax. Check your policy wording for the extent of cover and exclusions that apply; they do tend to vary from insurer to insurer.

just took that out of the quote its not fronting

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125416

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

good work jase clears that up

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125425
03/11/2010 16:38
03/11/2010 16:38
england
C
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop
C

england
Thanks for the heads up Boostmecoopup. That's usefull to know.

We never doubted you for a minute laugh

[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: What are my options? [Re: came2dance] #1125430
03/11/2010 16:44
03/11/2010 16:44

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: came2dance
Thanks for the heads up Boostmecoopup. That's usefull to know.

We never doubted you for a minute laugh

lol i wouldn't go to all that trouble for nothing and if I was wrong
Still be ultra carefull with this option anyone.

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125440
03/11/2010 17:07
03/11/2010 17:07

J
jase
Unregistered
jase
Unregistered
J

good work jase clears that up

Well Thanks to the wife for her insurance knowledge really

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125831
04/11/2010 13:42
04/11/2010 13:42
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
1.change the log book for your coupe into your mum/dad/gf name
2.insure the renault clio fully comp and that should give you (doc) driving other cars on a third party only basis.

Just to be clear this is really, really bad advice on the grounds that (a) it's wrong and (b) it's verging on fraud.

It's wrong because the driving other cars extension only applies to cars not owned by you. Changing the registered keeper doesn't change the ownership. If your insurance company investigate they will discover that (1) the vehicles was purchased by you, (2) the V5 was registered in your name, (3) the V5 was transferred to somebody known to you, (4) the new keeper has never insured the vehicle and you still use it regularly.

From that trail they will build a case that ownership of the vehicle never changed. They won't be able to wiggle out of initially paying 3rd party liabilities, but they will sue you for the amount they pay out. Knocking down, say, the bread-winner of a family is likely to cost your insurance company about £250,000 and they will try to recover this cost from you - say hello to bankruptcy.

The reasons that this is fraudulent should be obvious - you are misleading your insurance company as to the risk you represent and failing make material disclosures. If your insurance company do investigate, as per the above, they could easily build a criminal case based on the info above.

So, very stupid advice. Please don't suggest it again.

Dear monos, a secret truth.
Re: What are my options? [Re: AndrewR] #1125844
04/11/2010 13:59
04/11/2010 13:59

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

ANDREW R obviously thats what happens.. thats why its part of your policy so they can make you bankrupt humm how long have I been dealing with claims.
I will suggest what I like do you have any underwiting points?
You don't know what you are talking about
Its legal its a loophole they will pay out and the costs of pursuing it legaly to prove this and prove that are way to much for them to bother because a log book is a legal document.
You CANNOT PROVE even if it was previously owned by you that its still your car as the log book suggests otherwise.... and it does NOT matter if its never been insured in the log book owners name unless they are caught driving it.
People buy cars and leave them uninsured in the garage etc all the time.

Last edited by BoostMeCoupeUp; 04/11/2010 14:11.
Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125847
04/11/2010 14:02
04/11/2010 14:02
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
ANDREW R obviously thats what happens humm how long have I been dealing with claims.
I will suggest what I like its 100% legal if the log books not in your name its not your car.
Scaremonger how many underwriting points do you have? none

I don't care about your insurance experience, have you ever seen a V5? The registered keeper is not necessarily the legal owner. Changing the keeper does not change the owner.

Re: What are my options? [Re: AndrewR] #1125857
04/11/2010 14:10
04/11/2010 14:10

B
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
BoostMeCoupeUp
Unregistered
B

Ok your boring me now but go on then why when a car is written off do they ask for the log book.

Re: What are my options? [Re: ] #1125866
04/11/2010 14:19
04/11/2010 14:19
Northumberland
A
AndrewR Offline
I AM a Coop
AndrewR  Offline
I AM a Coop
A

Northumberland
Would you mind adding new posts, rather than editing old ones, please? It makes it tricky to see when you've replied.

You don't know what you are talking about

Bet you a pound I do.

Its legal its a loophole they will pay out and the costs of pursuing it legaly to prove this and prove that are way to much for them to bother because a log book is a legal document.

They will pay out, yes, because they're legally obliged to, even in cases where a material misrepresentation has been made and, yes, the V5 is a legal document, but it doesn't indicate ownership.

You have to decide if your position is that (a) what you're suggesting is legal or, (b) it's not legal, but it's too much trouble for them to chase through the courts. It's not legal, because you're basing that on transferring the V5 transferring ownership and they may chase it through the courts, dependent on the size of the claim you make.

You CANNOT PROVE even if it was previously owned by you that its still your car as the log book suggests otherwise.... and it does NOT matter if its never been insured in the log book owners name unless they are caught driving it.

I bet they could prove it to the standard required for a civil case (balance of probability, rather than beyond all reasonable doubt).

People buy cars and leave them uninsured in the garage etc all the time.

They do, but it's not unknown for insurance companies to interview neighburs and employers to ask who they have seen driving the car and when. They do it for cases where they suspect fronting and they'd do it for cases like this if you tried to get through a large enough claim on the other vehicle cover.

So, yes, it's possible that you could have transferred ownership of the vehicle from yourself to someone known to you, but it would be possible to show in court that:

a. This happened with no obvious financial consideration.

b. The new owner did not insure the vehicle and was not seen driving it.

c. You continued to drive it after the date of the transfer.

d. That when insuring the vehicle you owned you specifically checked that you would be covered to drive other vehicles.

That would almost certainly be enough to convince a court.

Page 1 of 2 1 2