» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 196 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,610
Posts1,341,237
Members1,804
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,563
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,301
PeteP 21,520
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,817
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
16vt air/fuel gauge fitting guide #472630
02/11/2007 02:46
02/11/2007 02:46

M
Mike_bd
Unregistered
Mike_bd
Unregistered
M

Ok so, first thing you will need to do is find the lambda sensor which is located on the picture below within the red circle

pic 1

Now you will need to pull back the black tubing surrounding the cable and follow the black wire.

pic 2

follow the black wire until it ends and another type of connector begins...it was found here on my car

pic 3

Where the black wire connects there will be a roundish rubber thing protecting it, just peel it back to expose the end of the wire like the image above.

the best thing to do before you wire it all up inside the car, is to test that it reads correctly first by wrapping the end of the gauge wire around the exposed lambda sensor wire, then connecting the red and black wires from the gauge to the battery. turn the car on and let someone else give it a few revs to see if the LED's or Needle moves. also dont forget that it takes a minute or two for the sensor to warm up, so dont expect to much movement for those first few mins.

Ok, after your satisfied it works, take it all off and thread the wire that goes from the gauge to the senser either through the firewall (behind the accelerator) or how ever you wish. once you have enough cable to work with and its all pushed through, fix the gauge wire to the lambda sensor black wire where its now exposed, then peel the rubber protection thing back around it like the image below

pic 4

Now you have to find a place where your going to mount your gauge, i located mine just underneath my boost gauge on the left hand side next to the steering wheel. Your going to need to find a 12v source to connect the black and red wires for the LEDs to actually do their jobs. I loacated a source at the fuse box (which i also used to connect the LED's to my boost gauge) which controls the indicators...dont ask me why there...i suppose it was because its the only connection there that had a visible black and red wire lol. If you choose this option aswell, the big yellow holder has a black, orange / white and red set of wires going into it. Just pull them out and place the black onto the black wire then the red onto the orange / white wire (this is so the LED's only light up when the car is ON)...image of this below

pic 5

put it all back together and start her up, hopefully its all working (careful not to cross any wires by the fuse box...i accidently did this and blew my indicator fuse \:D .. but all was sorted after a trip to halfords for some 10amp fuses)

pic 6

Last edited by Mike_bd; 02/11/2007 02:49.
Re: 16vt air/fuel gauge fitting guide [Re: ] #472675
02/11/2007 03:22
02/11/2007 03:22

D
DidCoop
Unregistered
DidCoop
Unregistered
D

Excellent, exactly what I'm after, now all I need is my NOMAD twin pod and a gauge and ill be well away!