» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 199 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,627
Posts1,341,368
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,835
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249462
08/12/2006 20:33
08/12/2006 20:33
2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
B
bezzer Offline
Forum is my life
bezzer  Offline
Forum is my life
B

2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
Just thought I'd put my little story on here as its relative to the original post.

A couple of years ago, a Friday evening at about 7.30pm I was sat watching TV (not our TV ) when I heard this huge bang from outside. Straight away I looked out of the window to see 3 girls pegging it down our close.

I went outside to find my neighbour looking at the back of his Frontera. On the rear shelf amongst the broken rear windscreen was a sizeable stone. I said I'd seen 3 girls running off down the close, maybe it was them. At this point my daughter appeared and said she'd seen a girl in a white coat throw a stone at his car and then run off.

So my neighbour and I split up and circled the block. 5 minutes later I see the same 3 girls running towards me followed by my neighbour and yes 1 was wearing a white coat.

I stopped the white coated girl, not with a huge amount of force but enough to stop her. My neighbour then said she'd been seen breaking his car window to which she replied it was some other boys.

We got out of her where she lived and walked her back towards her house. As we were on the way back a Police car pulled up (neighbours wife had called them) and asked if we were connected with the window.

Anyway to cut a long story short we all ended up at this girls house where the girl kept denying doing anything and her b!tch of a mother accusing us of making things up. The police said that without witnesses they couldn't/wouldn't do anything. This resulted in a huge smile from the girl and the mother

I took the policewoman to one side and said my daughter had seen this girl break the window and she was free to go around to my house and confirm this with her. She went ahead and did this and returned after 10 minutes saying yes my daughter had seen it but because she was only 9 her evidence wasn't admissable

So in the end my neighbour had to pay for the window himself and this girl got off scot free.

To make matters worse a few weeks later he had all 4 of his tyres slit and paint stripper poured over his car.

Looking back now it was a mistake to confront the perpetrators as it resulted in more damage and my neighbours having to move house

I suppose my point here is we did what we thought was the right thing and yet it was my neighbour who ended up with the bills and inconvenience.

Now if it had been 16 year old boys instead of girls then maybe my neighbour would have taken the law into his own hands

......My Boy...... (PB #7)
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249463
08/12/2006 20:58
08/12/2006 20:58

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe its my youth, but I cant agree with the "violence doesnt solve anything" attitude that some people have, although I can respect it. I just dont have that sort of lid on my temper.

As for the whole female thing... It doesnt matter. As has been said, a lot of women are total blokes these days anyway, and If I was assaulted by anyone, male or female, it would make no difference. Id hit a woman as hard as I would hit a bloke, if the situation called for it.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249464
08/12/2006 21:07
08/12/2006 21:07

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Maybe its my youth, but I cant agree with the "violence doesnt solve anything" attitude that some people have, although I can respect it. I just dont have that sort of lid on my temper.

Surely though you cant really thing this is sensible

Quote:

I would have been straight on the phone to get a man with a weapon to back me up, and i would have kicked the living shit out of the girls.

If you actually mean that i think you've got a problem. If you didn't mean it then why did you say it?

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249465
08/12/2006 21:20
08/12/2006 21:20
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Quote:

Would people genuinly premedatate (sp?) an attack like that.

How the hell could your action be premeditated if you unexpectedly walk round a corner and find someone kicking seven bells out of your car? Or if you walk round a corner and someone starts whacking you?

Unless you're psychic. In which case, don't park the car there if you already know what's going to happen!

Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249466
08/12/2006 21:34
08/12/2006 21:34

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

If you actually mean that i think you've got a problem. If you didn't mean it then why did you say it?

the story made me angry. no i wouldnt have done that, but i wouldnt stand by while it happened, id have waded in straight away

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249467
08/12/2006 22:59
08/12/2006 22:59

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

How the hell could your action be premeditated if you unexpectedly walk round a corner and find someone kicking seven bells out of your car? Or if you walk round a corner and someone starts whacking you?

Unless you're psychic. In which case, don't park the car there if you already know what's going to happen!

Erm, if you look at what i was quoting he said about ringing someone up to then come and help beat them up. That to me then makes it premedatated as it is beyond a reflex reaction and you've thought about the best process you think is needed to sort the situation out.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249468
09/12/2006 05:33
09/12/2006 05:33
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Sorry al_edge we have really stolen your thread so my apologies!

I think we all have a different way of dealing with things, Neil you are correct though about stepping over the line and your in the same boat.

Well we definately got some opinions it would be boring to some extent if we agreed

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249469
09/12/2006 06:37
09/12/2006 06:37

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

That's exactly why I moved from my old house 3-years ago Cappo. We had constant vandalism in our road and I just couldn't take any more. I was on the verge of doing something to someone I would regret. Felt it was far better to just get out as this was the only way.

I know where you are coming from.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249470
09/12/2006 07:48
09/12/2006 07:48
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Erm, if you look at what i was quoting he said about ringing someone up to then come and help beat them up. That to me then makes it premedatated as it is beyond a reflex reaction and you've thought about the best process you think is needed to sort the situation out.

That's still not premeditation, nor anything like it. That's reaction.

Premeditation would be planning to park your car in a known "dodgy" backstreet and hiding behind a wall waiting to see if anyone had a go at it.

Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249471
09/12/2006 16:14
09/12/2006 16:14
Berlin
barnacle Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
barnacle  Offline
Club Member 18 - ex-Minister without Portfolio
Forum Demigod

Berlin
Cappo, it's premeditation. Premeditated assault... parking in a bad area and waiting is entrapment, and possibly conspiracy.

"So, Mr Cappo, having observed the action you phoned your friends to come around and 'give them a kicking'?"
"Er, yes."
"M'lud, the defence rests."

Neil

[Linked Image]
Don't get no respect! Coupe Fiat 1994-2000 - an owner's guide <-- clicky!
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249472
09/12/2006 17:20
09/12/2006 17:20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they would have to prove it was premeditation, something that would be very difficult to prove.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249473
09/12/2006 23:15
09/12/2006 23:15
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Unless he was as silly as barnacles transcript "Er yes" but i doubt that

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249474
09/12/2006 23:17
09/12/2006 23:17

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249475
10/12/2006 18:54
10/12/2006 18:54

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What ideal world are Barnacle and TV living in; Chavs dont have a gender in my view they are just scum, theres no talking to them, they dont see things in the same way as you 2. I've been in the situation of sedici, I was attacked but she was female I cant hit back - if it happened again then she'll find out that hitting guys isnt a right females have. Simply I feel the country now has this sewer class, no respect as they have no values, this is why you cant talk to them, and the law is pathetic in this situation. If you dont protect your own property in this country no else will. frankly I'm sick of it, its a real descent in society. Chavs believe they are the untouchables, with nothing to loose they dont see the effect of lame punishments such as a caution, they wear it as a badge amle or female. They know that decent people wont hit back; with the weak law enforcement I dont what's the answer, all of this makes my blood boil.

Rich

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249476
10/12/2006 22:46
10/12/2006 22:46
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Right on Rich got to say struck a cord with most of that.

It was the Moonstone Green Sedici your saw that evening last year! Was completely mint factory Reacro's and ABS not single mark on it now its a mess

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249477
11/12/2006 00:58
11/12/2006 00:58
Castle Combe
Flea Offline
Forum is my life
Flea  Offline
Forum is my life

Castle Combe
It's not an easy situation to be in quite simply because it's a real situation. The adrenaline is engaged, the instinct kicks in, you need to to determine the best course of action in an instant i.e. all the variables. I cannot believe anyone could possibly assume that physically confronting such indviduals makes you no better than them The simple fact that a "normal" individual does not engage in these activities immediately makes you better than them.

[Linked Image]

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249478
11/12/2006 05:14
11/12/2006 05:14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you didn't protect your property then these knobs would come back again and agian as you would be looked on as a joke.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249479
11/12/2006 17:56
11/12/2006 17:56

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

What ideal world are Barnacle and TV living in

Same as you, the real one
Quote:

Chavs dont have a gender in my view they are just scum, theres no talking to them, they dont see things in the same way as you 2.

I couldn't agree more.
Quote:

I've been in the situation of sedici, I was attacked but she was female I cant hit back - if it happened again then she'll find out that hitting guys isnt a right females have.

You have every rught to defend yourself whether they are male or female and have no issue with DEFENDING yourself from an attack.
Quote:

Simply I feel the country now has this sewer class, no respect as they have no values, this is why you cant talk to them, and the law is pathetic in this situation. If you dont protect your own property in this country no else will. frankly I'm sick of it, its a real descent in society. Chavs believe they are the untouchables, with nothing to loose they dont see the effect of lame punishments such as a caution, they wear it as a badge amle or female. They know that decent people wont hit back; with the weak law enforcement I dont what's the answer, all of this makes my blood boil.

By all means protect your property, the law allows this. I also agree that the law doesn't do enough to help victims and punish the criminal. None of this though gives you the right to take the law into your own hands and give out a punishment that you feel fit. If someone does this they too are breaking the law the same as the original criminal.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249480
13/12/2006 04:27
13/12/2006 04:27

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alright,
Some interesting thoughts coming out in this thread!
I really feel for you Sedicivalvole

Quick update to anyone who is interested.
Phoned my insurance company up today. Surprise surprise the other party are not admitting liability. Was told I could pay my excess and start the ball rolling getting it fixed. An accident investigator would then come round to sort the liability out. I can’t image this route working out in my favour so I promptly declined this offer saying I was in no hurry to get it fixed and want liability sorted first. So, I’m getting an official witness statement from the girlfriend. I shall follow this up with a phone call to my insurance company prompting some questions to be asked of the woman driving. Such as:

Was she listening to a CD whilst reversing off her drive? (She told me she was, Paolo Nutini to be precise)
How can be so sure that she didn't reverse into the car, where did she think she stopped reversing!?

I’m not to confident about this going my way, which is going round in my head and really starting to annoy me. I think this is mainly down to it seeming like an insult to my intelligence that seeing a car reverse into mine isn’t sufficient for liability to be sorted with insurance companies and neighbours.

Anyway, I try my very best to get this sorted in my favour.
Later
Al

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249481
13/12/2006 21:45
13/12/2006 21:45
North-East
zak Offline
Enjoying the ride
zak  Offline
Enjoying the ride

North-East
If there was an indepenadant witness it would go your way.

Your insurance company would write to the witness asking them to describe what they saw. Once they have the witness statement they'd foward that to your neighbour's insurance company, who would more than likely accept liability.

Last edited by zak; 13/12/2006 21:49.

picture too large; max size allowed is 300 x 100 pixels, please resize
2000X 20VT+
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249482
13/12/2006 22:26
13/12/2006 22:26

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This story exhausts me just reading it!!!
It reminds me of all those things that seem to drag on and drive you up the wall, like missing a parcel twice and it going back to the depot and then missing it there and it being sent back... or having to return a product to the shop over and over again etc etc!
Sorry Al, i just know i'll still be checking up on this thread in a good few months from now!
I can only sympathise!

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249483
13/12/2006 22:46
13/12/2006 22:46
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Club member 2092
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Club member 2092
Forum is my life

Northampton England
Oh dear Al

Go with the witness statement and yours should be enough to swing it plus when the insurance man comes along butter him up and let him see the evidence for himself!

I feel for you on this one mate

No more hijacking your thread mate!

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249484
13/12/2006 23:18
13/12/2006 23:18

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really does blow if you have to end up claiming on your insurance. Stick with it though you can still win this.

P.s. Also agree no more hijacking (was a fun debate while it lasted though)

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! #249485
14/12/2006 00:25
14/12/2006 00:25
Surrey
E
Emjay Offline
Forum is my life
Emjay  Offline
Forum is my life
E

Surrey
al, write up now all the discussions you have had about it whilst things are still relatively fresh in your mind.

Take photos of the damage to your car and theirs and of the 2 cars together (showing the likelihood it was this incident).

Good luck.

Does our law condemn a man without first hearing him to find out what he has been doing? (John 7:51)
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! [Re: Emjay] #306398
27/02/2007 23:39
27/02/2007 23:39

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, an update on a pretty old post.

I took everyone’s advice on board and documented everything that happened.
Had a phone call from the insurance company today to say that the third party (the neighbour) has defaulted liability due to not responding the my statement of truth and the witness statement in the specified time.

So 3 month on, I can now get my dent fixed. Hoorah. Not bothered about the time it took; just glad it all ended up going in my favour.

Old boy coming to see the car tomorrow to access the damage.

So I’m now onto the dilemma of where to get it fixed. The insurance company have a company specified (Baldwins of Aylesbury), however they are willing to let me choose my own (which I'm likely to do).

Think its best to start a new thread for any Bodyshop recommendations.

Cheers for everyone’s help.

Al

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! [Re: ] #306400
27/02/2007 23:40
27/02/2007 23:40

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CarlT, if he's not too busy and only up the m40/42

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! [Re: ] #306411
27/02/2007 23:47
27/02/2007 23:47

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, CarlT is a possibility. Will have to ask.
Have also had recommendation of:
K+C Autocolours - Witney
Olivers - Long Hanborough
Waiting for another recommendation in Oxford.

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! [Re: ] #306450
28/02/2007 00:53
28/02/2007 00:53

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CarlT matey \:\)

Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! [Re: ] #306457
28/02/2007 00:59
28/02/2007 00:59
Didcot - Oxon
RusH Offline
My life on the forum
RusH  Offline
My life on the forum

Didcot - Oxon
Good to hear its getting sorted.

Let us know how the work goes at the chosen body shop. It's always good to know recomended places in and around where i live \:\)

Coupe now sold!
Re: Neighbour denying coupe dent! [Re: RusH] #306477
28/02/2007 01:19
28/02/2007 01:19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The trouble with taking it to CarlT is that I'll have to take a day off work and I already owe them 1 days holiday.

Looking for somewhere more local, around oxford.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5