» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Edgar, szkom, Rosso, Henklia), 258 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,624
Posts1,341,339
Members1,807
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,303
PeteP 21,521
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,833
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Non-UK Events
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by slicer
Originally Posted by G_Man

As an aside we're missing out Francs apart from a couple of nights in Colmar as they're very restrictive. Cars registered before Jan 1997 are not eligible for an emissions sticker being too old and are subject to Stop n Scrap by the gendarmerie shocked

I am taking my 96 Coupe through France. Are you serious about the Stop & Scrap bit?

Michael, have a read of this, from the RAC

If you stay away from the zones indicated it appears you'll be ok - you too Alan...
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
1 hour ago

As an aside we're missing out Francs apart from a couple of nights in Colmar as they're very restrictive. Cars registered before Jan 1997 are not eligible for an emissions sticker being too old and are subject to Stop n Scrap by the gendarmerie shocked

I am taking my 96 Coupe through France. Are you serious about the Stop & Scrap bit?
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
1 hour ago
It's only just over an hour from where we're staying in Aosta to the Sparco showroom so I think we'll bypass the hotel (as it'll be too early to check in anyway) and go straight there in time for un caffè and meet up with folk before lunch around 1230 smile

I've not bothered with the Italian toll-ticket, I've got a co-driver to do all that for me smile but I have my (electronic) Swiss vignette.
512 82,262 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
1 hour ago
No doubt my uncle will say "nothing a bit of welding cant fix" as he spends most of his time at work welding their vans back together apparently lol.

My dad will probably be more to the get rid of the car side, he used to have a Tipo Sedici, or how he calls it the not pretty Coupe, when i was a baby and he said it was a never ending battle against the rust especially in the rear arches

I've got my MiTo in to see Barry at FAST on Monday so i can ask him about it too
2 40 Read More
Styling
1 hour ago
What about some photos of the rest of the car ?

I'm sure that it will look wonderful

Paul
14 2,047 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
1 hour ago
Oh dear, that's sad.

There are better skilled people out there to advise you.

However, you did say that it was to be a long term project and that you were going to learn skills.

As well as your dad and uncle. Talk to as many folk on the website as possible.

Best wishes

Paul
2 40 Read More
Non-UK Events
2 hours ago
On the subject of permits, I've invested in:

Tolltickets box to cover France & Italy
1-year vignette for my few hours in Switzerland
Crit-Air sticker for France (still in the post after 3-weeks)

Hopefully I'll be zooming through the toll gates with the Tolltickets box, assuming a good wifi/radio connection to the controller. bye
512 82,262 Read More
UK Social Events
2 hours ago
Yeah go on then, if you let me know time and place I'll meet up and we can drive down together
2 204 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
2 hours ago
Today I went to my coupe to sort out some little bits of rust, which turned into holes and a lot of rust very quickly, I really don't know if she is saveable everything in the rear quarter panels just turned to dust when i tapped the metal with a screwdriver, both B pillars are rotten through, both rear arches have rusted through, the front drivers footwell is all rotten and holes under the seat mounts on the passenger side, i just don't think ill be able to save it, oh and the front suspension turrets are looking a bit rusty too. subframes are gone, pretty much everything apart from the rear stone disk cover thingys have got some degree of rust it feels like

I guess I've got two options, I sell parts from it, sell the LE seats, LE door cards and LE door handles and buy a different coupe depending on how much i get from parts and the LE stuff i have, or do i carry on finding all these holes and weld them up etc
2 40 Read More
Styling
4 hours ago
I agree, they wouldn’t work on every colour car, but they really suits yours. I think you’ve done a fantastic job 👍
14 2,047 Read More
Styling
6 hours ago
Another Pic
14 2,047 Read More
Non-UK Events
10 hours ago
Originally Posted by barnacle
How did you get the German emissions sticker? What number is it?

Hi Neil - directly with TUV - SUD No 71022204. Only cost £15 so worth it as we're doing a fair few miles in Germany. Had to upload the V5 as part of the application. The Swiss Road tax was simple without any paperwork and you get a QR code which you presumably use at barriers when required.

Note to all - go through official channels for permits and not 3rd party sites as they'll charge double the price!

512 82,262 Read More
Tuning
Yesterday at 21:45
Hi.

Been looking to buy a gtec 2 chip, does anyone know if there Still available?

Thanks
Stuart
0 102 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 21:23
Yep your fine with Flonheim. Enjoy your evening meal yum
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 20:54
Flonheim where we are headed isn't on the list so won't be requiring a sticker.
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 20:29
A list of zones in cities that require the green emissions sticker The coupe luckily falls in to requiring the green sticker and it is only required for cities but best to check the link if you are entering a city. We have one city stop so another window sticker to go on smile
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 19:05
Originally Posted by barnacle

Alan do you not only need the emissions sticker for Germany if you are entering certain towns/cities?
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 19:01
512 82,262 Read More
Coupé Projects
Yesterday at 17:40
Hi Mags,
the same thing has happened to me, twice. When i queried the problem of missing metal items in an envelope i found out and still find it quite unbelievable that the gpo can get away with removing the offending metal item, in their eyes, because it can damage the machinery that they use to sort the letters, and then resealing an empty envelope and sending it on it`s way without any explanation. l lost a turbo badge and a key on separate occasions, commiserations for your loss but if you have another sent by post probably a good idea to have it packed in a jiffy bag or a box.
190 23,801 Read More
Tuning
Yesterday at 13:31
Hello? can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt
5 1,146 Read More
UK Social Events
Yesterday at 13:22
Roger that Paul thumb
2 204 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 13:10
Always on the ball Simon laugh
512 82,262 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 12:50

Just as an aside - read on a forum that the Italian police like to see original documents if stopped eg V5 and insurance so best to take perhaps?

smile

See 2 posts above wink
512 82,262 Read More
Handling
Yesterday at 10:18
Just my 2 cents, if it helps with choice - don't buy Uniroyal Rainsport 5.

I have 20vt with non OE dimension 215/45 R17.

Previously I've run 2 sets of Rainsport 3, 1st was normal rating, the second XL rated (couldn't tell a difference); been pleased with both, not a "sport" tyre but decent handling, comfort and really sure-footed in the wet. Also used on another FWD car with 200bhp in OE size 225/40 R18, no complaints. Also, moderate wear on all 3 sets - don't do high mileage, so I'm ok with needing to replace tyres due to age (around 4y old) even if not worn completly (eg. to 3mm or less).
Last year, I've bought new model, Rainsport 5 (XL rated), but it's a total letdown, really squishy handling with plenty of understeer, it's still good in the wet but on dry road it just feels too soft.
4 503 Read More
Non-UK Events
Yesterday at 09:06
Got my coupe in at Bonellos for:
New radiator
New thermostat
Sort some minor welding
Aircon regas - hoping I can limp along for the next few months frown
Sorting an annoying starting problem

Got my German emissions sticker and Swiss 12 month road tax
Greenflag confirmed I've got Euro breakdown cover.

Just as an aside - read on a forum that the Italian police like to see original documents if stopped eg V5 and insurance so best to take perhaps?

smile
512 82,262 Read More
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16