» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 192 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,609
Posts1,341,220
Members1,802
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,561
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,300
PeteP 21,518
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,815
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Summer Runnings #1665625
06/06/2023 18:00
06/06/2023 18:00
Behind Enemy Lines
Master_Mariner Offline OP
Club member 583
Master_Mariner  Offline OP
Club member 583
Enjoying the ride

Behind Enemy Lines
Not had time to be on the forum for ages...far too much work and not enough time at present!

Wanted to say a quick hello-to all keeping the faith.

The weather in God's own -has been almost deliberately spoiling things over the last few weeks. Almost every weekend, the moment I have had a chance to think about reaching for the keys to the Coupe- rain, rain and more rain.

Things finally warm up two weeks ago - so I took the coupe along to a small car show. I didn't take it to show - but wish I had, as apart from an alfa romeo - there was no other Italian metal on display-and a number of people mentioned i should have shown her. But it was a good event.

Last week the weather was also very warm - and it gave me the chance to take her out of the garage and do a really focused wash, hoover, polish. I noted when going over everything that one of the clips to the fuel lines had gone lose-so it was a good opportunity to take that off and put a new good quality clip on - and really make sure everything was nipped down tight on the fuel lines. Also found the positive on the battery was a tad loose.

It was also great to me out on the road with her and burning some of the fuel up.

And she simply felt like she was going like stink too! So really pleasing.

I'm hoping the weather continues and I can really make use of her this summer.

How fares you guys?

Regards

MM

Re: Summer Runnings [Re: Master_Mariner] #1665640
06/06/2023 20:26
06/06/2023 20:26
France, Charente
paulw Offline
Club Member 1326
paulw  Offline
Club Member 1326
Enjoying the ride

France, Charente
Yes, it's good to get out again after the winter lay-up. I had a first trip this year at the beginning of last month.

Last year it was the first time after a 5-year hibernation. Everything went well after all the bits that needed replacing were done and I certainly enjoyed 'getting acquainted' once again! We only covered less than 1000km, but the car felt good and some enjoyable (fairly local) drives were had before it went back into its home in October.

This year and with a set of new tyres on all round, oh and a new battery, I have been getting some longer trips in and thoroughly enjoying it. The Coupé is just such a willing car and a delight to drive.

Every month we have a small classic car meet near us - people just turn up in the evening! Usually there are about 20 or more cars and you never know what may turn up; everything from a 1920's Panhard to a modern Morgan and the odd 1970's rally car. There's a decent size parking lot outside the chateau where everyone congregates, the fish'n'chip van usually comes too and a good evening is had.

The Coupé is certainly feeling better the more it is driven (or is that me feeling better driving it?)

Paul

Paul W.

[Linked Image]