» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (386ka), 214 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,417
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,520
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,294
PeteP 21,480
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,659
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project #1556025
24/11/2015 12:14
24/11/2015 12:14

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Next project begins. I am still abroad (5 years now) so it's a long distance project with FCSS being at the dirty end of fixing things smile

So after browsing many months (a few years) I finally came across something that I wanted to buy. The advert was just how I like them to be and the car checked out all okay. It is listed as a CAT D from 2006 where it came across some vandals who decided to do things to the paint.

Since then it was repaired and resprayed and after looking into Cat D's I decided that many cars would have suffered the same, but been sorted outside the insurance company. So for me there was no risk.

A run down of the car. It's a genuine 2 owner, 53K mile standard 20VT with a added LE kit and a sprayed rear rubber (lower bumper that is usually black hard rubber). The car is standard apart from this. The service history is full but it has been locked in a shed/workshop for the past two years.

So what to do with this one? Having already had the centre console sprayed sliver, I decided to get all the centre console from the gauges dash, through the gearbox console and handbrake console flocked like I did with my Crono LE. It looked fantastic when finished and covered all the inevitable scratches and marks that come with 15 year + coupes. Joe at FCSS will organise this for me.
To become like this >
click to enlarge

Presently, the car looks like this (with vendor)

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

And the plans are to get her to FCSS this week (again, Joe is organising, so thanks Joe) and have her checked over. Immediately things such as getting an MOT, oils, plugs, coolant, all belts including Cam will be replaced and then see what Joe comes up with as needing urgent attention in the short term.

I will take her home at Xmas and then work on the interior and body (using my detailing knowledge) and then plan what's next after this.

Will keep the thread updated as it goes along and lets see where this goes. I intend to do all the things that I have done in previous 'Projects' to this car, having learned from each and now knowing what I like, I intend to pick the best from each but I think she'll remain relatively standard. None of my mods have been too far fetched in any of my previous projects anyway.

Saying this, who knows. I do change my mind occasionally smile

I will add a DISCUSSION thread. But the group seems a little quiet these days, so maybe it will be a 'non' discussion thread. I'll keep harping on regardless smile

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1556843
04/12/2015 09:15
04/12/2015 09:15

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Snowing here today and 6" landed last night. Time for a thread update me thinks smile

Car has been delivered to Joe at FCSS. Unseen by me, and before this unseen by Joe. Even though the car was local to him. Why you ask? Because, I got it wrong, the car has been stood since 2008, not for two years. Yep, been stood for 7 years!!! In a barn, so not exposed to the elements.

Oh dear! Regardless, the car is low mileage and low owner and it was worthy to be brought back to life.

All pics below come courtesy of FCSS, and as you will see, she's in great shape all considering and could have been 100x worse! Unbelievable.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

What about them oil cooler pipes huh! Wow!!

Next up was a compression test, that revealed 160-170 across all cylinders. fantastic then!

Joe thought it best to stick her in for an MOT and see what comes up as problems. So off it went for its first MOT in 7 years...

Amazingly, it failed on tyres and airbag light on! That's it!!! Outstanding laugh

Next up was to plan what should be done before I come to pick her up and take her home in a few weeks. The following parts were ordered.

- Thermostat & ECU water temp sensor.
- Rocker cover gasket.
- 2x Brembo flex pipes.
- 2x Rear trailing arm link flex pipes.
- Rear calliper flex pipes.
- Centre and rear exhaust rubber mounts.
- Front discs and pads
- Rear discs and pads
- Hand brake cables.
- Full Dayco belt kit including A/C.
- Water pump.
- Cam phase sensor.
- 2x bonnet struts.
- Oil filter.
- Air filter.
- Fuel filter.
- Pollen filter.

£750+ for this little lot, by-the-way!

Soon to be fitted.

I have also bought a BlueFlame exhaust for her, to be fitted soon and new tyres all around will be fitted next week.

So it seems that things are looking good for this extremely low mileage coop! I am very pleased with the risk I took. Hopefully it has paid off. Time will tell, but it is definitely a promising start.

After these mechanical improvements she'll come home with me, have some new cloth 'Turbo' inscribed seats installed (Original to a few 1999 cars - this one is a 1999) have the dash replaced.

Everything cleaned up (wet vacuumed) and refreshed, carpets, new seats, plastics, engine bay, HID kit fitted, LED rear bulbs fitted, so on so forth. When the leather seats come out (excellent condition) I will treat these with leather cleaners and conditioners and sell them on I think.

The car, will then be shipped back to FCSS for more mechanical stuff I am sure.

To be continued....and thanks to Joe for squeezing this one in short notice!

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1557558
12/12/2015 17:47
12/12/2015 17:47

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Small update on the car.

Passed it's MOT. New tyres fitted all round and airbag light problem solved.

Many parts bought have now been fitted. (see above for initial list of things)
click to enlarge

Some action shots....
click to enlarge click to enlarge

Pollen filter was looking a little worse for wear!
click to enlarge

Finished mechanics for this visit to FCSS ...... for now. Next stage engine cleaning, body work and interior.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1557862
17/12/2015 21:39
17/12/2015 21:39

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

I've been looking forward to today!

After a long, long journey back from Azerbaijan, via Turkey (Istanbul then Izmir, then back to Istanbul) which meant only 6 hours in bed over two days! Today was the day when I picked up the silver bullet from FCSS.

Joe kindly met me at Great Malvern Station to take me to his workshop, we stopped and got sausage and chips from the local chippy (6 months since I had one of these) and then got down to the business of talking coupes smile

After the initial thorough check over and extensive replacement of many parts, I was confident that the car would be more than capable of taking me from Upton upon Severn (Worcestershire) up to Thornton Cleveleys in Lancashire (Home).

After Joe give me the low down of what had been done with the car (more than listed above actually - including the new Bridgestone tyres all-round) I started her up and she sounded lovely. Perfect.

I also really enjoyed speaking english .... just speaking and being understood and also talking fast .... wow, great! laugh

So the journey began, I was very happy to be in a coupe again and and as mentioned she was driving great. Sounded great and actually handled really well. I was a happy guy. There is no stereo in the car, so occasional bursts of acceleration made up for that - is there a better exhaust for the coupe than the BlueFlame? She sounded lovely.

The journey was broken up with another treat - a KFC meal at a service station - and for someone that has not food like this for months, it's a real treat ... and so was walking back to the car..
click to enlarge

More good news in the form of fuel efficiency. I filled the tank in Upton from just about empty (£55.50) and did 166 miles. Getting home, I had used just one a quarter of a tank. Very impressed with that. Just shows what new oils, thermostat and plugs can do. I was mainly travelling at 60-70 as traffic dictated.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Take no notice of the temp, this pic was taken 20 minutes after turning the engine off. The temp and oil pressure was great. The car also clocked over to 54,000+ miles frown

So, that's that for now. Will do a ton more stuff over the next few weeks and will update the thread as I do.

Final shot, with my wives car parked up for the evening. The coop still looks cool despite it's age ... and looks incredibly low! (There is a slope down to the garage).

click to enlarge

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1558528
27/12/2015 17:23
27/12/2015 17:23

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

So after 10 days being rather ill, today, I felt a little better, so spent some time with the bullet.

The car was washed off and dried and the engine bay was jet washed to get rid of all the cob webs and accumulated muck from 8 years of storage. Electrical components were covered and then jet wash cleaned as much as possible, being careful to keep the nozzle moving all the while.

The paint and wheels were jet washed, Iron X applied all over, then jet washed again and then hand washed, then jet washed again.

Here's what she looked like before - worse than pics show

Once all washed and dried the lights were then removed and new LED sidelights installed, new chromed indicator bulbs installed and then new HID's (55W 6000K) installed.

But before this, the headlights were sanded down and then polished to get rid of the yellowing of the lacquer covering them.

Before
click to enlarge

After
click to enlarge

The sidelights were a great improvement and also the chromed indicator bulbs help freshen up the look of the lights and remove the orange tint...

Orange tint
click to enlarge

No orange tint
click to enlarge

No Led and Led

click to enlarge

Then I spent some time wet sanding the bonnet, the side wings and the roof before I mopped them (making a start I think you call it). The body work is covered in scratches from what looks like a cat - the wet sanding is the best and most efficient way to remove all this.

It's hard to show the state of the body work as its silver, very difficult to catch with the camera. But is looks a lot better now.

I used one of the new microfibre mop heads (rather than the usual sponge) and it worked a treat.

I'll get some photo's of the finished paintwork another day.

This shot sort of shows the paint looking more refined..
click to enlarge

I also added a new bonnet badge and new windscreen wipers.

That's about it for now... I also sprayed the B pillars and rear window surrounds satin black. More pics of this another day

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1558604
29/12/2015 16:15
29/12/2015 16:15

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

More work carried out today. Not too much as I don't feel 100% still. But a little was, and a little each day gets results, all be it slowly smile

Wing mirrors removed, sanded, masked and then sprayed in Satin black to match the B pillars..
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

I also clayed the glass and sprayed it inside and out with IPA cleaner. It was really dirty.

Added some new number plates front and rear with a nice little detail on them. I went for 3D lettering and a black border.

Then I pulled her outside to take a few shots and give the engine a little run. She's looking okay, but still need to wet sand and mop the sides and boot as presently I have only done the roof, bonnet and front bumper

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1558714
31/12/2015 17:28
31/12/2015 17:28

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Today saw the dashboard completely removed - which was quite a simple if laborious process. I found the hardest part was the removal of the console around the gear stick and then the removal of the front ashtray and ashtray surround. Once the gear stick console was out, it became a lot easier.

The original dash was completely removed - it looked like this (not nice)
click to enlarge

Then a new flocked dash and handbrake console was inserted and installed. The old dash was pretty messy and didn't look good at all. It looked scratched and it looked too old and manky.

First stage with centre console in ...
click to enlarge

The carpet and all nooks and crannies were hooved, everything was cleaned with a special cleaner and then treated with either leather balm or vinyl refresher to make it all look new again.
click to enlarge

Then the handbrake console was inserted (picture with flash)
click to enlarge

Picture with no flash
click to enlarge

A working rear ashtray was inserted also (yep, it works, not broken) smile
click to enlarge

While front seats were out, the rear seats were cleaned with Chemical guys leather cleaner and then treated with Leather balm (pic after leather cleaner)
click to enlarge

Then the front seats were put back in (treated with leather balm as you can see)
click to enlarge

All door cards were cleaned with Surfex HD and then vinyl care applied (leather balm to the leather parts)
click to enlarge

Lastly, some dash and console rings were installed

(no flash)

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Just need to install a decent stereo now. I am really pleased with how this all turned out. It looks very smart and clean inside and much much better imo.

The car is turning into a little stunner smile

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1558724
31/12/2015 22:01
31/12/2015 22:01

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Did a bit more tonight. My first attempt at wrinkle paint on a rocker cover...

Results are not great, but not bad either

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1558764
01/01/2016 18:17
01/01/2016 18:17

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

The car went for storage to Liverpool today. After I made a trip to Halfords, bought a bargain stereo in the sales and installed it.

The car will now be used occasionally by my father, but mostly it will be kept stationary until I return back to the UK around May time.

Nice looking dash smile I love it smile

click to enlarge

So this thread will now be quiet for a while.......

Last edited by patch234; 01/01/2016 18:18.
Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1559382
07/01/2016 19:30
07/01/2016 19:30

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

If anyone is interested in getting their dash flocked (or any other part). PM me and I will give you the details of the guy that did mine. He is based in Hereford and does a great job and the service that comes with the flocking is top notch - communication, postage, etc.

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1562218
31/01/2016 20:57
31/01/2016 20:57

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Second hand GT28rs Turbo bought. Soon to be sent off for full refurbishment. plans with this one now are to add power (subtle mods that do not look out of place) to the engine via Turbo, down-pipe and intercooler then map.

May as well give the old girl a little bit of go!

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1566559
15/03/2016 13:41
15/03/2016 13:41

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Small update. The GT28Rs ended up needing everything being replaced including the housings, shaft and more. Basically a new turbo now.

click to enlarge

Will be kept in the plastic until fitting to make sure we get no dirt or dust ingress. There are two packages, the other containing the old housing. I suppose they wanted to show that problems with the old to me?

click to enlarge

For those interested I used Midland Turbo. The cost includes courier pick up (they arrange) and of course the return. Must say I was very satisfied with their service.

Another small update is the cloth interior (the one with Turbo inscribed on the front seats) will be picked up and installed along with the turbo sometime in May. Been a long wait for this!! Will be worth it in the end though.

That's all for now......

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1570268
19/04/2016 19:25
19/04/2016 19:25

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Another small update until I arrive home next week - when I will be updating probably daily laugh thumb thumb ... including how I get on with wet sanding and late nights in the garage...

Anyhoo .. Been after a particular interior for a while now for this car. Even though the leather one in it is near enough 'mint'!!

In fact, the new one might well be the interior I used to own that I installed in my inly Plus to preserve the recaros; probably 7 years ago now!

This time, it is actually a modification that was a factory option for 1999 cars (this is a 99) and they are relatively difficult to get hold of or even see in a coupe. What is it?

It is a cloth interior with a difference ....

Here it is all packed up by F1ANG - many thanks to Angelo who answered my call and has been a real star and very patient whilst we got the timing to sell on to me right for us both... thumb

click to enlarge

This is what it will look like once I install it (photo from when I installed in my Plus)

click to enlarge

Into a silver car I think it will be both nice to look at and preserve this rather hard option to get hold of in a correct car (Year supplied). I also think the cloth holds onto you better than the leather.

Happy days for me then smile

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1571574
28/04/2016 20:28
28/04/2016 20:28

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

A few bits and bobs to be fitted or used this week.

Rear amber coloured LED indicator lights
click to enlarge

Rear red coloured brake light and running lights
click to enlarge

White LED interior and rear number plate lamps. I also have a load of the interior dash LED bulbs just in case.
click to enlarge

Cree LED front running lights
click to enlarge

This is a neat little snow foam applicator (hand held). Does a real good thick foam hence why I bought one. Plus a number a trial products
click to enlarge

Various grades of wet and dry paper. Including 2000 2500 and 3000 grit. 3000 grit is hard to get hold of off line. For wet sanding the paint before buffing
click to enlarge

Valet Pro cleaners for putting in my Vax Wet Vacuum. To be used on the seats below.

New interior - rare type and original Coupe

New wheel spacers x 4 (16mm) and new extended bolts
click to enlarge

Satin black alloy wheel paint. To be used on wheels after sanding down and also used on light cups and wing mirrors
click to enlarge

Satin lacquer for the wheels
click to enlarge

Black FIAT centre wheel caps for the satin black wheels
click to enlarge

Plastic wiring loom covering of various sizes
click to enlarge

GTEC1 Chip to be installed
click to enlarge

New original FIAT rear badges. One spare.
click to enlarge

Last shot ..... Plus in it's nice comfortable smoking jacket
click to enlarge

Moving into a my new house next week. A little bit anyway, so there will be a make a garage thread soon. I want this one done properly and set up properly.

DISCUSSION THREAD HERE > CLICK

Last edited by patch234; 28/04/2016 20:35.
Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1571858
30/04/2016 21:33
30/04/2016 21:33

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Fitted the new cloth interior.

Looked great and clean upon delivery but I've been itching to get the old wet vac out so decided to give it the once over..
click to enlarge

I thought they were all really clean....
click to enlarge

Wet and then moved into the lounge where it was warmer ... and the rear seats too laugh thumb
click to enlarge

Installed in the car after drying. Really pleased with how she looks now.

Last edited by patch234; 30/04/2016 21:34.
Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572050
02/05/2016 17:53
02/05/2016 17:53

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

A few bits and bobs added today.

LED rear stop and running bulbs - Red in colour, not white LED

LED bulb for the centre interior courtesy light.

16mm spacers added to all wheels

and lastly, as I do so many Coupes, I figured I'd make them known laugh

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Not too sure if this will stay, but for now I like it smile

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572068
02/05/2016 19:57
02/05/2016 19:57

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

The wheel spacers fitted give the car a stance like this ....

click to enlarge

I also fitted all new and extended wheel bolts that look much better than the old rusty ones that were on the car.

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572131
03/05/2016 09:57
03/05/2016 09:57

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Four wheels off to be powder coated today - should be back in 2 days time.

click to enlarge

Decided upon satin black that should go nice with these ...

click to enlarge

Told you I'll be updating daily smile I'm loving this, so nice to be out of Azerbaijan and doing other things thumb

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572230
03/05/2016 18:27
03/05/2016 18:27

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Well, after getting to know the powder coater guys this morning and they telling me 2 days. I got a surprise call this afternoon. Wheels are done and ready for collection smile So off I went ... and here they are.

Hopefully, get some tyres fitted tomorrow and get them on the car.

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572245
03/05/2016 19:59
03/05/2016 19:59

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

After two coats of FK100P paste wax. Transforms the wheels to the look I was after. This semi-synthetic wax works wonders. Also installed the new black Fiat centre caps.

click to enlarge

FK1000 is an excellent wax that is highly respected. Protects for a long time and is very durable and hard wearing. Good for wheels and paintwork. I also applied a coat of this to the Plus tonight.

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572368
04/05/2016 18:22
04/05/2016 18:22

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Get ready for a long post!

Put on the wheels today, but more importantly I decided to make a start with the wet sanding. For those that have seen this Coupe (basically only joe) laugh The paintwork was as dull as a dull weekend after being stood in a big workshop for 8 years.

There were scratches and cat claw marks all over the car, it could not be simply mopped out (well it could of been but it would of taken days to do!). So I got on with wet sanding.

After having a few test runs and having other things to do today, I went with a 2000 grit wet and dry and a green hnexlogic pad with Meguiars Cutting Glaze.

I will go over the entire car again with a different pad and polish tomorrow. This IS NOT finished. More work is needed and then a sealant and then WAX will be applied as the final stage.

The worst of the scratches and marks with the paper then a general wipe over the entire panel with it (I worked on a panel at a time) with the Wet and Dry afterward. Then the mopping began. Doing this a panel at a time.

I tried to get some shots of how bad the paint was but in the sun and being silver it was tough to capture the problems on the phone camera. SO mostly we have after shots.

Here's a half and half on the rear wing

click to enlarge

Half and half on rear wing finished (only the top part of the wing)
click to enlarge

Metallic flakes on the bonnet - popping out afterward

Side and boot area finished
click to enlarge

One side finished
click to enlarge

Car finished - but as you can see, more refinement needed (look at bonnet). Tomorrow then!
click to enlarge

Finished for today

Looking better and a huge turnaround for this car. The paint was stinking!!

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572493
05/05/2016 19:04
05/05/2016 19:04

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

On to tonights update then...

Well, today I had a few things to do, visit the solicitor being one as tomorrow we exchange and I get the keys to the new house.

Then, after that boring stuff, I got onto the coupe smile thumb and on the menu today was more mopping.

So the paintwork was further refined back to remove the last of the sanding marks. Took some time and a little patience but got there in the end.

Then the paint was sealed with Carlack 68. I never got around to doing the wax coats as time ran out and I went to pick up my daughter from 6th form college. Waxing will come over the weekend after a wash.

Anyway, just before I went I managed to fit the Sparco Strut Brace that I had awaiting to be fitted. Soon be time to move onto the engine bay and get sprucing things up in there...

With regard to fitting the strut brace, there was a remarkable difference in the stiffness of the car - on bump roads and hitting small holes, etc - it felt much better to drive, never noticed before as I have always had cars with strut braces. Fantastic improvement.

Here's some of the usual shots then..

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Notice the scratch on this panel. I decided to leave it (significantly improved) as it would look worse if I had sanded down to the base coat!! A significant improvement is better sometimes, depending on the depth of the gouge.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Last edited by patch234; 05/05/2016 19:15.
Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572534
06/05/2016 10:05
06/05/2016 10:05

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Woke up early this morning and decided to get the last stage - application of wax - done to the car. So that's what I did.

I am generally pleased with the car and how it has turned out. It's looking a lot fresher and driving great. Certainly a turnaround considering I spend all my time in Azerbaijan. Pretty pleased with how things have panned out. But I do think I will be returning to the paintwork sometime in the future as it can always be made better IMO.

Here's some shots

These shots shows the 16mm spacer stance of the care

Just awaiting some parts to arrive, hopefully today ... some mat black wheel bolt covers as I don't like the new chrome ones popping out against the wheels presently. And some rubber hose to allow me to fit my new dump valve.

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572576
06/05/2016 16:02
06/05/2016 16:02

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

More stuff done in-between finalising the new house - laugh - New house to do things too now also shocked Luckily it's only 5 minutes from the house we live in now thumb

Number 1 - New rear boot badge, never forget the heritage!!
click to enlarge

New satin black wheel bolt covers to help make the wheels look more complete and less bolt on - if you know what I mean

Before
click to enlarge

After
click to enlarge

It's a little thing that really would only annoy a weird kinda guy like myself laugh

click to enlarge

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572802
08/05/2016 10:08
08/05/2016 10:08

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Met Brian (Patrickstar) and his wife this morning who picked up the set of 20VT wheels I had for sale. Another nice forum member to talk to thumb Hope you enjoyed the trip around Blackpool laugh Great day for it!

Onto the project then.

I thought I would post these pics as today in the sunshine you realise why the hard work mopping a car is worth the effort when you see metallic flakes popping like this.... (it's more apparent to the eye than on the phone)

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

More later....

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572892
08/05/2016 22:13
08/05/2016 22:13

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Did a few things tonight.

Installed some new LED front lights (this time CREE's) ....

Here's a pic of the red LED's in the rear (did not get a shot of these after I installed, so here is some now...

Then I spent sometime cleaning the spare wheel and the tool kit. I scrubbed and metal polished the tools and even washed the tool kit bag to get it looking nice and fresh. I repeat; yes I actually metal polished the metal part of all the tool laugh Hahaha!

Some pics, old but not worn out...
click to enlarge

Spare wheel clean up afters...

Tomorrow I will clean out the spare wheel compartment and remove all the gunk in there...

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572902
09/05/2016 07:02
09/05/2016 07:02

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Up early this morning doing stuff. 5am is 9am (well, they did not do the daylight savings this time so it's 8am in reality) in Azerbaijan, body clocks huh!

Onto the spare wheel compartment.

Hopefully some parts turn up today, so maybe a little more later...

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572909
09/05/2016 08:48
09/05/2016 08:48

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Thank Mark, appreciated. Going back on Friday now, so a few more days of doing stuff smile

DISCUSSION THREAD HERE > CLICKY

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1572965
09/05/2016 17:30
09/05/2016 17:30

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

In between saying goodbye to the Plus i fitted these today.

Plus gril..cleaned, sanded and sprayed in Satin black

Also fitted a dump valve (Turbosmart) that is definitely a nice bit of kit. Has hard of soft settings, so I set it to just toward the hard setting. This allows me to keep the noise to nothing under 3.5 rpm. Great for around town as there is no hissing but after 3.5-4 rpm the whoosh comes. Like it at the moment

Whilst fitting the dump valve and getting to grips with all the original Fiat hose clips .... what pain in the arse! .... I cleaned up under the battery, the battery tray and plastic cover for the battery tray. Also allowed me access to other area that otherwise, with the battery in, is a pain. Put a bit of rust protection on the metal battery tray, but it really was already in a nice condition. These can get pretty rotten ... so happy about that.
click to enlarge

and with plastic cover inserted
click to enlarge

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1573325
12/05/2016 21:58
12/05/2016 21:58

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

Okay, final night here tonight, time to head back to what will be a hot Azerbaijan.

So, it was time to put the little one to sleep for a while.

Time for a sleeping detail and the process went something like this....

First was a snow foam (pH neutral)

It was left to dwell and then re-applied.

Then a detail brush around all the dirt traps

next wash a shampoo with a microfibre bit
click to enlarge

Next up a wheel clean (new wheels but dirty from rain and driving. Products used was iron X and Surfex with a number of wheel brushes to get into the nooks and grannies and get to the backs of the rims

Then a jet wash
click to enlarge

then a microfibre towel dry
click to enlarge

Next up was my very special little Metro Vac - Vac N Blow (from USA). That is both a powerful hoover and also a powerful blower. Great for getting rid of water from unwanted places all around the car and ideal when cars are washed a lot and left sitting a lot like mine are.
click to enlarge

Here is is in action blowing
http://vid563.photobucket.com/albums/ss73/patch234/Mobile%20Uploads/Video_zpseprmxgtm.mp4

and another
http://vid563.photobucket.com/albums/ss73/patch234/Mobile%20Uploads/Video_zps0ryd1hvf.mp4

Getting there now
click to enlarge

Next was some IPA to clean the windows
click to enlarge

Then the Metro Vac was switched to vacuum mode
click to enlarge

Different end to clean the flocking and to get into more nooks and crannies

Looking smart inside

Then car moved into the garage...

Covered
click to enlarge

Nighty night little Fiat
click to enlarge

The car will sit and wait now until the new garage has had some work done to it and then will be moved to there by my father and put on trickle charge. And once again covered.

Its been a fantastic time at home for me, loads of things done with the family, with a new house, cars bought and sold and time spent doing this one up. Really enjoyed the break from Azerbaijan where life is very different.

So that will be that until the next time. When this little lot, GT28RS, boost controller, and other stuff will get fitted....
click to enlarge

Cheers guys, hope you enjoyed the read for a while and maybe picked up some new ideas for your car thumb

DISCUSSION THREAD HERE > CLICK

Re: Patch's 53K Silver BULLET Project [Re: ] #1588681
15/11/2016 14:52
15/11/2016 14:52

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P

CAR SOLD - End of thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2