» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (F1GHT3R, Cyborgguy, paulw), 208 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,543
Posts1,340,432
Members1,785
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,521
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,294
PeteP 21,482
bockers 21,070
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,366
Edinburgh 16,660
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513221
27/10/2014 12:46
27/10/2014 12:46

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

As a rule I don`t drink, maybe 3 times in the last ten years.
Today I just might get hammered.

After a not great start I attacked the inner wing further and uncovered a more serious problem than I had realized.
Do I
A:scrap car
B:tart up and try to get 7K for it
C:get pissed, fall over and do a Gary
D:exchange balls for a fanny, girl up, take engine out and repair.

Oooh, I can`t decide.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513229
27/10/2014 13:27
27/10/2014 13:27

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Possible the worlds fastest turnaround.

Doctor rang up with far worse news.

Watched a single episode of Red Dwarf box set.

Made a cup of tea and going back out to garage.

I`ll try to get some pictures as there must be more cars than this one with similar problems.

It is too easy to overreact at a time like this and I very nearly did.

First step was to make a little drawing of the area, on the car as it happens. Then I started removing some material that will have to be cut out and re-fab`d.

Then I thought I should get some photo`s, so got one of my drawing which has the measurements and angle noted plus another with me holding the small piece I removed back in place.

My spring compressors don`t fit that well and i`m struggling to find the right tools half the time, I have them but I also have chaos. Been looking for my multimeter for weeks!

The fixings for the ABS sensors are unrecognizable, i`m hoping I can get them out with the mighty midget.

The chassis, or what is left of it, seems to be full of grey foam, I don`t know if this is usual.

I do understand what the word failure means, however even when I lose I remain utterly defiant and ready to go at it again.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger apparently - the same is true for a car!

Last edited by KBT; 27/10/2014 14:57. Reason: +
Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513247
27/10/2014 16:12
27/10/2014 16:12

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Now that I have digested the news, I may as well announce the situation and how I feel I must proceed.

The doctor tells me today that I have a tumor on my pituitary gland. I don`t know if this is really dire or not at this moment but some swift research reveals that 20% of people have this which often goes unnoticed.

I have to get my health problems sorted before I spend any more money on the car. It also seems sensible to further remove myself from public life.

This is a difficult time for me now and I can only hope that some successful treatment will be available, i`ll know more tomorrow.

I hope to be able to pick up the project thread again soon.

Kind regards.
Jon

(This can`t be the end because I haven`t finished!)

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513679
30/10/2014 12:46
30/10/2014 12:46

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

We are getting aggravated. wink

Three days later I have finally managed to remove the o/s drive shaft, upright and strut.
The ABS sensor still tethers the assembly to the car though.

Despite some heaving the car hasn`t moved one bit, the downside of having the car blocked on old wheels being the odd spanner or nut falling through the spokes and less access than I would like.

I will have to look through the bills to see if the car has had any parts changed in this area since 1997 when it appears to have been built - some writing on the tank reads 8 7 97 031, so Jim I have your fuel tank.

Front wishbone looks like it may have been replaced but this would have been before the respray. It has red paint all over it which gave me a clue.

The damper upper bolt to upright is more seized than any i`ve encountered before, so far it has failed to move.

I have worked on cars before, even some fairly major rebuilds but this is going to be the most extensive to date.

I think that trying to work on a FIAT Coupe must have driven a few souls round the bend. Good job I had such a big head start.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513702
30/10/2014 15:35
30/10/2014 15:35

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Ding!
click to enlarge
What do you mean, ding? wink

Might not mean much to experienced coupe mechanics but i`m relieved to have got this off at last.

click to enlarge
Wishbone shows correct pre-load. Compared to the load input from a driven wheel to suspension components, ones strength may be puny. Try holding a wishbone in the fully compressed position for 5 minutes - hell of a workout. wink

click to enlarge
Dummy/experimental rad. support, carries rad. with brackets on front edge - not yet fitted.
Carries fans on top edge and oil cooler lower mount.
Requires alternative towing eye solution, allows fitting of oil cooler fan, weight saving etc.

Last edited by KBT; 30/10/2014 18:08.
Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513746
30/10/2014 20:10
30/10/2014 20:10

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I hathed thith evening thupped a mighty brew. wink

You shouldn`t drink and bake. wink

Time for some shake and bake. wink

I got pissed and i`m still working on the car.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513788
31/10/2014 01:38
31/10/2014 01:38

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Removed o/s wishbone, not managed to remove drop link as yet or seized bolt in strut.

After labeling the loom carefully I spilt, or spilled if you prefer, pas fluid on it which erased my labels. Spent a bit of time redoing. Had a look at how split and glued boots might work and wasn`t very pleased with the result, perhaps with a product that gets hot and bonds like the stuff plumbers use.

Inspected the idler and aux. tensioner and both have some play.

Began to investigate n/s corrosion and it may be less of a problem than the o/s. Sprayed penetrating fluid on all the fixings.
There are some wires passing through a bulkhead with no grommet in place, i`m hoping it has just fallen in and i`ll be able to retrieve and refit.
The wing to sill fixings on the n/s are stud and nut, the o/s has bolts which I thought was odd.

Ideally I will get the bonnet off once I have a place to keep it safe. This should make working behind the engine easier.

Spent some time in the pit investigating the sills. They seem fine, just surface rust. I think 2 or 3 of the skirt fixings are missing and corrosion is slightly worse adjacent to these areas as one would expect.

Once i`ve got the skirts off I hope to surface prep and block under sills so I can check that there is no corrosion at the subframe mounts, refinish subframe or replace with one from Joe.

I still have some worries about the level of corrosion at the back end but this is partly due to the fact that i`ve hardly started. Once some areas are made sound i`m sure i`ll feel more positive. I no longer have any concerns about the front, 3 areas require welding and once the work is done the flaws (moisture traps at doubler and a missing grommet allowing water to run down from above behind wheel arch liner) which caused the corrosion will have been removed.

I have a mountain of new parts to fit and in time I think the car is going to be something really special, to me at least. The idea with some of the parts is to bung them on so I can refresh the LE bits so the cars identity can be retained.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1513918
31/10/2014 18:04
31/10/2014 18:04

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

I had hoped my rad. mounts would be here for the weekend but might not come till next week now.
I shouldn`t have specified titanium, talk about over-engineering. New grommets too as the originals fell apart.
Today I feel like a pig shat in my head, and I remember now why I don`t touch booze.
Wiggins clamps not come either, so today i`ve been investigating some electrical connectors. If my evenings work goes well i`ll do a little how to soon on splitting some of the connectors for boot replacement.

wink

Begbie is too good at getting my references, or my clues are rubbish so i`m hiding them better I hope with a wink(s) at the end of a post containing ref/refs.

p.s. My rad. mounts arrived and they are superb, unfortunately they are handed so I have to mount them one up and one down to give the desired forward tilt,also require a custom type of fixing which I hadn`t banked on.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1514186
02/11/2014 21:34
02/11/2014 21:34

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I got so little done this weekend, I still had a hangover yesterday and I was blown away by the rad. mounts.

Today has been sunny so I thought I would get some painting done. I have had two brackets in acid for a couple of days, decided one of them needed another day so just surfaced prepped one - the bracket which carries the engine top stay.

Did the best surface prep. i`ve ever done, sun was shining so applied first coat and went in for a cuppa.
Ten minutes later it poured with rain - start again.

Later I applied a first coat to the new rad. support. The painted items are in the bathroom. Brake discs on the kitchen floor etc.

Here is one of the rad. supports.
click to enlarge

Started working on a video of the project.
I`m calling it...LEmental - The Birth of a Legend.
Can`t decide whether to have BBC on my fluid reservoirs as a piss take, KBT or 030. Perhaps I should leave them blank.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1514332
04/11/2014 01:33
04/11/2014 01:33

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Tried to paint again today - same thing happened!

Video/slideshow I have slung together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5MLitfq_II&list=UUgPvKNcAdsX7aKQEgYNGw7Q

More soon.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1514424
04/11/2014 21:37
04/11/2014 21:37

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Briefly.

I finally managed to get a coat of paint on this bracket without rain effect!

click to enlarge

The chargecooler pipes at the chassis leg have wiggins fit to angled pipes to the cooler, as they are from F1 twin o-rings are used but fortunately the clamps fit.

click to enlarge

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1514771
07/11/2014 23:03
07/11/2014 23:03

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I spoke too soon as the wiggins clamps don`t actually snap shut. I need to take about 0.75mm off the end of each ferrule or source some other clamps. I don`t know which clamps were used originally, am looking into it.
click to enlarge

At the suggestion of Josip and some help from szkom I removed the compressor housing. Ideally I will refit 120 degrees rotated but will need to alter the water pipe to rad. to clear the outlet.
The run the oil feed takes must be the source of some temperature seen in the oil and I hope to change to a cooler route.
There are a few dings inside the housing. The vanes look fine.
click to enlarge click to enlarge

Soon I will be able to select any gear.
click to enlarge

I haven`t achieved much this week, but the garage is much tidier. Many things brought into the house and being slowly labelled and packed.

I manage to remove the bolt from the damper to upright, the bolt is knackered though and I accidentally hoovered up the nut. I also stripped the strut.
I was surprised to find the damper in fair condition and can`t believe it is the original. I also think the wishbone is an aftermarket item as I couldn`t find the Fiat group mark and bushes and ball joint seem in fair condition.
I will probably replace the dampers and top mounts as cheaply as possible and save some loot towards the D2 coil overs.

Hope to get a few bits done this weekend.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1514815
08/11/2014 19:41
08/11/2014 19:41

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I didn`t feel like doing anything today.
Tidied some wiring.
Managed some surface prep. in the inner wing area, removed oil cooler and pipes, trial fitted rad. support beam and mounts.
Put turbo back together after gently modding water pipe from turbo to rad.
Just need to check wastgate mechanism is adjusted correctly. Gashed my head on bonnet release bracket.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1514932
09/11/2014 21:45
09/11/2014 21:45

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Images show I had taken pains to get the drilling and mounting accurate.

Shame I miscalculated the positioning of the rad.
The section of the car that used to have a tie down point is also out of line from some past grounding incident- this has caused a mismatch between each side as shown in last 2 images.

Making another support beam which may make better use of the available space.
I need space for the charge cooler, unless I use a different rad. I can`t fit the one I had originally intended - which would have allowed the original battery to be in the engine bay.

Choice of 3 coolers now being considered, I may well go for the 525bhp rated option.
Blagged what may be a very useful cfc part today.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1518084
09/12/2014 22:21
09/12/2014 22:21

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Might clean up a treat but I bought a new one anyway.

This bracket looked like I found it in the sea, needs some more paint when the weather improves.
click to enlarge

Old pillar badges not in great condition and seemed to be affixed with Araldite. Could only get these moon grey efforts, used a small brass tube to separate the parts.
click to enlarge

Inching forward on many fronts, attend to enough details and the car will come together I hope. More soon.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1518392
12/12/2014 21:59
12/12/2014 21:59

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

click to enlarge

I bought these last year as the o/s unit was damaged, there was only the one o/s available. The seller packed them in a box that was smaller than the two items, no prize for guessing which one cracked in transit.

click to enlarge

Further example of paint shop quality.
I spent an hour with a scotch cloth with little impact, will try some brake fluid or nitro fuel next.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1518450
13/12/2014 16:18
13/12/2014 16:18

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

click to enlarge

I didn`t have enough time to get done today but here is the first one almost finished. I cleaned the inner face also for some perverse reason.
Most of the time was used soaking, only about a half hour of scrubbing.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1518798
16/12/2014 22:12
16/12/2014 22:12

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Thirteen months since my first living room picture...

click to enlarge

This evening i`m cleaning wheels. WD 40 to remove old balance weight glue. Insides clean up ok, outer faces are good so refurb not needed as yet.

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1519249
23/12/2014 16:00
23/12/2014 16:00

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I have read a couple of threads regarding exhaust mounts.

None of the universal powerflex mounts seem to have the right dimensions so I tried to obtain standard replacements.

This is an original vs aftermarket rear mount.

There is no meat on the lower half of the aftermarket mount and early failure seems likely. If I use this mount it will have an earth strap fitted as reinforcement. That`s an earth strap for a house not a car!
I would prefer to source an original which should last well as the one pictured is only damaged due to rough treatment when fitted.
click to enlarge

Of these two, the one with overspray is over 5 years old and is falling apart, the other is more recent but appears to have failed prior to my buying the car.
click to enlarge

I have to source or make a strap to support the cat. which has no fittings.

I have seen front plastic arch liners available, but for £100 a piece the seller is welcome to keep them. I paid £30 for mine.
I also located B-pillar 20VT and Turbo badges for LE model. It has been suggested to me that these might still be available from FIAT, we shall see. My local FIAT garage is staffed by turds and I have no wish to shop there.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1519319
24/12/2014 19:08
24/12/2014 19:08

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Now the other two mounts have appeared and I have taken some measurements. I will gamble on the powerflex EXH 1, EXH 4 and EXH 15 and post some pictures/ results in due time.

I have also decided to paint the underbody in as close to body colour as possible, current best choice is RAL 3020 Traffic Red, but a closer match may be possible after contact with supplier.

click to enlarge

The brackets were very corroded. That`s my excuse and i`ll use it again.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1519467
27/12/2014 16:44
27/12/2014 16:44

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I have been putting off getting started on the rear of the car for too long, so on Christmas day I got stuck in. I carried on yesterday. Based on what i`d seen I struggled to work underneath today.

Here are some bits that did come off.

I didn`t get any pictures of under the car, right now the fuel and brake lines are hanging down, the handbrake cables much the same.
Once the tank/fuel lines, rear suspension and brake lines are out i`ll get some pictures.
I haven`t found anything too bad as yet, obviously the underside of this bit of boot floor... click to enlarge ...is far more extensive than the view from above would suggest.

As I have been having a protracted tea break I think I may finally understand the cam/belt/timing scenario. Throw in the cam phase sensor and a rusty ex. cam wheel and i`m wishing it was a nice easy Beta 8v engine once again.

Debate rages as to whether to poly bush or not and I hope I have come to understand the differences between conventional rubber and pu bushes with regard to lubes and pre-load etc.
I`m not sure I can bring myself to toast the bushes in a new pair of wishbones.

More soon and best wishes for the new year to all.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1520696
07/01/2015 20:39
07/01/2015 20:39

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

As promised, some info. on poly. exhaust mounts.

click to enlarge
I will use this one as it allows some lateral movement which should help to align the tailpipe with the bumper cutout as the exhaust is non-standard. Once aligned, a pair of bungs could be fitted to prevent lateral sway.

click to enlarge
I will use this one as it is a near perfect match, tight fit on the mounting pegs though.

click to enlarge
I will probably use this one, however, the bush may need slight modification as may the body bracket hanger.

The good news is that the chassis has not been affected by the corrosion emanating from the four mounting holes of the rear plastic wheel arch.

There is a thread started by Pondman regarding corrosion in this area and there seems to be some confusion as to how the problem originates. I have seen pictures from other cars which suggest in chassis corrosion has occurred but appears to have not been investigated thoroughly or any remedial action taken.

Due to the need for strength in these areas I am not going to rush or bodge the job and some additional bracing may be implemented. A detailed update will be posted in due time.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1526142
17/02/2015 23:17
17/02/2015 23:17

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

This post was supposed to be about something else but I don`t seem to be able to get into the garage with the short days and work.

I allowed myself to get a bit distracted into shooting some substitution type of stop frame.
Apologies for the now dead video link, I have removed myself from nearly all online presence for the time being.

These came with the car. That bulb holder is bigger than the aperture in the bumper.
click to enlarge
Much better, removed from 1990 Thema.

Having gained some inspiration from another project thread I cleaned up a couple more items.
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
The washer lid is not retained, one fixing to drill out and a small repair to the upper mounting needed to finish.

This bracket was very corroded, one of the sub bracket fixings was just a lump of rust. I saved the metal inserts at least.

All I can afford for now is few nuts and bolts.
A4 or galvanized, hoping to have a go at some plating.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1532018
29/03/2015 16:06
29/03/2015 16:06

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I cleaned the expansion tank using a length of flexible net curtain rail and some home made scrubbers which fit on the end. Didn`t use any bleach as yet.

click to enlarge

A screenwash tank is going in the boot anyway using the now redundant pipe to the rear screen and I hope with the pump in the scuttle to keep the wiring to a minimum.

I removed the abs loom at last and the brake and clutch fluid reservoir. The bulkhead sound deadening was in poor condition and has now been removed.

click to enlarge

Now I have some space to get the new brake lines underway.
The strut brace is being painted with enamel in RAL 3001 which seems a fair match. I hope the paint is tough as the other paint I have being using appears to be rubbish.

I don`t expect to get the car back on the road till 2017, lack of funds.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1558950
03/01/2016 16:53
03/01/2016 16:53

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

The strut brace came out ok, except I think rust will form again in the offside cup eventually.

Unfortunately, the Velux above the car has been leaking for months without my knowing. I discovered this on New Years Eve, the main drip produces about a gallon a day which has been landing on the screen. Two further drips have been landing on the bonnet causing a paint blister.

I also had a flood in the house. After the day long clean up I seem to have ingested something nasty and have become quite ill. Should have worn gloves as flood water is always dirty!

There was a point that I had decided to break the car but currently I hope to get the repair work done with a full respray to happen at a later date. I can`t afford in one go and want to get repairs done soon - I need to get the car gone to repair the velux.
I`m on the verge of making some real progress but been let down by parts suppliers and some shoddy tools so waiting on replacements.
smile

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1558989
04/01/2016 01:16
04/01/2016 01:16

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

So far so good with the enamel paint and yep, that`s my living room.

Apart from some hose clips which should have come about 10 days ago to go go with the hose set, i`m not really being held up by lack of parts or funds but my inability to get down to front subframe removal.

Then come the bolts (generally) which either need refinishing or replacing. I don`t mind spending 100 quid on bolts, these ones are 18 years old at least although only one has snapped so far and a few are in amazing condition.

Lastly, I got obsessed with wind turbines and i`m about to attempt to make one. I bought 2 motors and will probably just buy carbon blades as 3 don`t cost the earth. As I live facing the sea i`m going to start with a static setup and see what happens. I`m doing this to be able to afford to run an octanerender based machine full time as the other thing is, I got back into 3d.
Non coupe projects?
smile
(I just had a look at plating kits. I didn`t buy one but think that is the way to go, it just seems very chemical.)

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1560904
21/01/2016 01:02
21/01/2016 01:02

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

I realized I haven`t slagged off any mechanics lately so...

click to enlarge
I had the devil of a job even getting the door card off as the fixing at the handle had been bodged previously and had also seized.
Another possible source of water ingress uncovered.

At some point a mirror was required so nothing like fitting an already broken one eh?
click to enlarge
I used a disgorger to manage the clip without damage.
click to enlarge
Flawless.
click to enlarge
Small wiring problem.
I will come back to the door after a few other jobs.

On the rear lights I replaced the squashed foam seals with o-rings of about the right dimensions.
click to enlarge
Lamp on left is new, shame the shade of the indicator lens doesn`t match the other side.

Rear brakes overhaul started.
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
The carriers are very lagged in grease, three de-greasing sessions before clean. I think it may have been applied by a monkey.

I now have a plating kit, so the project might get a bit detailed from here on.
smile

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1561353
25/01/2016 03:18
25/01/2016 03:18

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

Ok, so the mirror body isn`t flawless, but I have these to prepare.

click to enlarge

As soon as I realized I had some work to do on the car I started buying spares. I have most of what is needed to finish, even trims for the time of the mythical respray.
There are several boxes like this one - full of gems.

click to enlarge

The cambelt cover was shaped like a banana...
click to enlarge

Had this crack...
click to enlarge

Was partially eaten...!

click to enlarge

So I bought a new one, which is slightly different.
Less interesting front profile and revised seal.

I think i`ll polish this again.
click to enlarge

I have this lot to get on with and then some!

crazy

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1562134
31/01/2016 03:35
31/01/2016 03:35

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

This week has not been great, so many things gone wrong and stupid issues I started to feel like hibernating. So i`ve been tackling small jobs, some too small to mention but once done will allow a more noticeable rate of progress to happen.

I`d been putting this off. I thought the pipes were quite corroded. It is very easy to just replace bits, lazy in fact and as the cost is quite high...

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

More on this to follow.

I had hoped to get the door put back together but I haven`t found the plastic sheeting I have stashed somewhere.

I cleaned inside the door, rust proofed all the bright metal parts and replaced the seal. The one removed was the wrong way round to my thinking, now both sides match and the seal doesn`t splay at the corners which made the door look odd.

Re: LE 30 Project Thread [Re: ] #1562203
31/01/2016 20:01
31/01/2016 20:01

K
KBT
Unregistered
KBT
Unregistered
K

It is probably hard to grasp for the reader, but I am doing this in what seems like my last days alive.
I should be crackling with activity given my T3 and T4 levels, but I didn`t have the energy to get out of bed till 3 PM! However, I want to get the car to a certain point before I take a break and bugger off to Spain for a while so...

I managed to get this off despit the tachycardia.
click to enlarge
As if by magic..
click to enlarge

I forgot to crack the damper top nut - good job it is already loose and the bearing is crunching.
Given how evil the damper to upright fixings were, i`m thinking these are the originals.

Hopefully, if I can get up, the wishbone, upright/driveshaft and subframe come off tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3