Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 15/10/2006 01:12

Hey dudes, Ive been seeing loasdsa coops round the basing area recently n got me wondering how many people would be up for havin a meet somewhere in the next few months?
You knows it makes sense....

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/10/2006 03:12

You just missed a recent one at Horndean . I'd probably be up for a central/north Hampshire one (I know some nice roads to play on !).

The Mayfly, on the road between Stockbridge and Andover, is quite popular for car meets, with a largish car park and a beer garden on the river. Just don't look at the prices too closely ! There are some nice roads round there as well...

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/10/2006 03:30

i be up for a meet soon, not been to one yet, want to put names to faces

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/10/2006 20:54

sounds good!
Posted By: OO7

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/10/2006 21:34

I'm always up for mini meet and drive but as usual it'll depend on work commitments .

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/10/2006 22:11

Sounds good. Getting very busy at work so would depend on the date.

Kev

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/10/2006 22:50

Take it this is the place
http://www.themayfly.co.uk/contact.html

Sounds good any idea when? i'll let the workers sort this one out whens ya next sunday off

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 02:20

That's the place . There are some very nice roads to get there from Winchester .

Have to be November for me. How about Sunday 5th, say 1pm meet at Winchester Tescos car park, for a 1.30 run to the pub? That way, those that want food can get it, and those that don't have time to sort themselves out before we meet .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 02:22

noooooo i'm paintballing then!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 02:24

Could do the 19th instead .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 13:44

Noooo, I'm working then! Back to the 5th or the weekend of the 25-26th.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 14:45

25th 26th then

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 19:17

25th or 26th wold be good for me

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/10/2006 21:41

Have to be without me then guys, as I'll be at Silverstone with a load of other Coupes on the 26th, and I'll be spending the 25th getting the car into 'Track Day Mode' !

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/10/2006 03:04

Lol, its never ideal for anyone really is it. But that sounds awesome. Hopefully my car will be all sorted out by then Dragging the missus along as well to get some good piccies of the local coops

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/10/2006 01:14

For me Sundays are best to work around as i'm not to sure what Saturdays i'm at work, so if you lot can decide when as i think the places are good meet at tescos Winchester ( easy to find) then go on to pub i'll be there.

I won't be able to meet up on Sunday the 12th of Nov as the i'm following peeps up to http://www.wheatsheafhotel.com/getintouch.html as there is a masive meet http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=315664&f=65&h=0 many different cars etc... thought it was worth a look if any one else goes see you there i think last year there was 150+ from classics to modern

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/10/2006 01:35

ohhh sounds good

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/10/2006 02:47

Quote:

I won't be able to meet up on Sunday the 12th of Nov as the i'm following peeps up to http://www.wheatsheafhotel.com/getintouch.html as there is a masive meet http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=315664&f=65&h=0 many different cars etc... thought it was worth a look if any one else goes see you there i think last year there was 150+ from classics to modern

ady, i'm going to that too, should be good

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/10/2006 15:52

I can make the 25th/26th if it happens then. I've always been unable to make any local meets so far, so it will be great to meet up with some from the area.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 21/10/2006 20:25

Quote:

Quote:

ady, i'm going to that too, should be good

I think i'm following a selection of elise's, noble m12 or cobra and a few other beasts guess i'll be playing catch up

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 31/10/2006 02:49

i'm interested

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 31/10/2006 03:50

Cool, should be good, shame gotta wait so long for this meet!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 31/10/2006 04:26

Have we finalised the date then . Presumably you're going for the 25/26th? In which case, I'll have to miss out .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 31/10/2006 04:42

I think i'm up north on the 25/26th it may only be the 25th though sorry female at fault again a 1st birthday and i've been told i have to go

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 31/10/2006 04:58

call me crazy but maybe we could have 2 if enough people are interested? doesnt have to be anything major in either instance really, just an opportunity to have chat bout coupes and meet members etc.
that way most people could attend one

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 02/11/2006 01:24

I know I am coming into this late but....18th! 19th!! sorry Chris!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 02/11/2006 02:30

That's fine , I've got a shed load on at the moment anyway. (LITERALLY, I've got a 10x10 shed and base to fit and an 8x8 brick shed and conservatory to knock down and a 6.5m x 4.5m P style conservatory to fit by Christmas )

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 03/11/2006 23:06

When's everyone thinking then?? put it to the vote 18/19 or the 25/26th?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 03/11/2006 23:19

18/19th for me, but would prefer the Sunday .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 04/11/2006 00:50

well thats one interested in the 19th well 2 inc myself, like i say i wud attend both if different ppl couldnt make it, anyone else for the 19th?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 04/11/2006 20:05

19th good

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 06/11/2006 05:31

Hi Folks,

Dunno if I'll be able to join in on this, as it might clash with other things, but I just want to pop-up on the southern radar, and show interest in whats happening coupe-wise round & about. I know the roads round Mayfly quite well and I'm sure it will be a blast. Especially if you take a detour across the wallops and off to Palestine & Egypt (I kid you not!)

Be nice to meet some local 'thusiasts.

Waz.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 02:17

im up for 19th or 25th/26th let me no were and when and il be there

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 03:54

so far all dates are OK

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 04:10

well annoyingly im working 25/26th now, grrr so weekend of 19ths good for me

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 19:06

OK, so the 19th it is . So far I think we have the following people interested:

pfoe
Webbo
Adyr
waz
longusta
kbs133
Me
Truffle?
nobbysback?

Everyone OK with a 1pm meeting at Tescos Winchester and then drive up to the Mayfly at around 1.30?

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 19:35

I might be working but i'll see what i can do

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 20:56

Sounds good to me

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 21:20

OK with me.

Kev

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 23:20

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 09/11/2006 23:43

lets do it!!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 11/11/2006 01:31

ok wit me 2

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 11/11/2006 02:32

have fun dudes, it's a shame i can't be there and keep up my tradition of getting lost on every meet so far .

Take it easy

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 11/11/2006 06:38

Quote:

have fun dudes, it's a shame i can't be there and keep up my tradition of getting lost on every meet so far .

Take it easy

Well ok the 19th seams ok for a small meet, 1.30 at tescos winch then on to pub that highwayman recommended, so how about sorting a meet for the new year when were all free 28th off jan is good for me or the 4th of march if we sort it now we maybe able to go

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 11/11/2006 06:41

its a good plan.... how about 28th of jan for all?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 11/11/2006 21:10

yeah 28th jan's ok wit me aswell

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 11/11/2006 22:22

28th ok for me.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 12/11/2006 22:49

well i couldnt possibly commit myself to something so far ahead in the future. But baring the only things that stop me doing anything:

Money
Responsibilities/ Commitments

Pencil me in.

Oh and i'm not working next Sunday now so as long as i can afford to buy some petrol, i'll be there.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 01:29

Good stuff. Got your new exhaust yet Kev?!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 03:49

Who else from Bournemouth is going to this? Can we get another mini-convoy going like last time?

Piers or Solid, are u attending?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 04:03

Exhaust should be fitted tomorrow all being well

Truffle I am going if you want to meet up again? We can meet at Ringwood if you want?

Kev

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 04:36

sounds good cheif. i'm terrible with directions tho so i'll need a postcode or something so i can use an online route finder

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 05:17

woohoo convoy time, would be sweet if we could get loadsa coupe's goin!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 16:05

Quote:

sounds good cheif. i'm terrible with directions tho so i'll need a postcode or something so i can use an online route finder

We met in the car park in ringwood last time. No comments please

I will dig out a map later

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 16:10

Yeah but i was just following Piers that time, and there were a number of times when even he had to jump across lanes cause we were going the wrong way

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 16:47

True!

How are you getting to the A31? 338 out of bournemouth?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 16:59

the usual way i leave bournemouth is basically a stright line north from Wallisdown up. A348 (ringwood road) onto the A31.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 19:40

Do you know anywhere along the A31 i.e. the shell garage a few miles past Ringwood?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 22:01

Quote:

woohoo convoy time, would be sweet if we could get loadsa coupe's goin!

Are you going to drive down to Bournemouth to join in then ! We'll have a convoy from Tescos to the pub .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 22:03

Quote:

Do you know anywhere along the A31 i.e. the shell garage a few miles past Ringwood?

Nope but i'm sure i'll recognise it as i drive passed and think "damn missed it!"

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 22:06

Winch Tescos is the A34 junction with M3?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 22:52

Yep, Jct. 9 .

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 23:03

Quote:

Yep, Jct. 9 .

cool, what's the route to the Mayfly - via Romsey?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 23:10

Nah, I have a few nice roads in mind, with a bit of dual c'way, some straight single c'way and some very nice wide but twisty country lanes . I'll also take you all through some nice scenery and end up at the pub on the river . Just have to hope that the weather is better than it currently is, and that there aren't too many leaves on the road .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 23:16

Quote:

Nah, I have a few nice roads in mind, with a bit of dual c'way, some straight single c'way and some very nice wide but twisty country lanes . I'll also take you all through some nice scenery and end up at the pub on the river . Just have to hope that the weather is better than it currently is, and that there aren't too many leaves on the road .

Phil

I used to commute on weekends from Wales via Marlborough, Ludgershall and Romsey, just for fun in my old mini years ago, passing thru Leckford and had loads of fun in the process - will look forward to seeing these roads with the coop!

Warren.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 17/11/2006 23:16

It looks like i might be bringing the 'rev limiter' with me, so i guess i'll be at the back, or else getting beaten up

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/11/2006 00:53

Quote:

We met in the car park in ringwood last time. No comments please

Why did morning wood pop into my mind when i read this

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/11/2006 16:16

Have fun guys . Don't forget the camera, I'll look forward to seeing the pictures while I'm at work.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/11/2006 17:46

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!! i totally wont be able to make this cos of my stupid EBV probelm have fun guys

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 18/11/2006 22:16

Phill, if you still want to come along to meet the guys (bearing in mind this was your idea ), I'd be happy to pick you up and drop you back home. I may well need to go to Reading at about 3pm anyway, so would be going up to the A33 anyway.

Drop me a PM .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 07:36

Sorry Highwayman i have just finished work, god bless being on call... Hope the meet was good just really really annoyed i missed out on it all

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 18:11

Quote:

Sorry Highwayman i have just finished work, god bless being on call... Hope the meet was good just really really annoyed i missed out on it all

The meets today sunday 19th

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 18:15

I think he means that he is on call, as he posted that message at 2.27am ! Presumably he's sleeping like a baby now when he should be with us .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 18:28

aha! sorry, i got bleedin called into work yesterday, typical! was a little bit tired when i got in as u may be able to deduce from my message! Technically im on call again today but i gonna try and dodge it!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 23:08

Well nice to see the usual suspects and a couple i havent met before. Was quite funny how behaved we were with the ladies on board. I lost count of the number of times the Adyr dissapeared when i was low down in 5th or something (nicely holding up Kev behind me).

We pulle doff the that roundabout at Tesco and i said to Kelly "ah dont worry, i think were gonna be well behaved today as you ladies are here". As if on cue Adyr suddenly puts his foot down and dissapears up the road

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 23:19

That was good all round fun. I had a bit more giggles on the Danebury roads, but generally well behaved due to my pair of 'rev limiters', although I was pleased not to let that hold me up too badly following Phil on the way to Wherwell! Glad to meet a few faces to put to names, and look forward to another one in the near future.
Thanks Guys,

Warren.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 23:38

Quote:

Well nice to see the usual suspects and a couple i havent met before. Was quite funny how behaved we were with the ladies on board. I lost count of the number of times the Adyr dissapeared when i was low down in 5th or something (nicely holding up Kev behind me).

We pulle doff the that roundabout at Tesco and i said to Kelly "ah dont worry, i think were gonna be well behaved today as you ladies are here". As if on cue Adyr suddenly puts his foot down and dissapears up the road

Sorry my misses was making me do it she's nuts aswell, nice to see the old and new faces hopfully we'll get a few more there next time

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 23:44

Nice to meet everyone again (and some for the first time ). Glad the drive was enjoyable, although I was slightly aware of the number of rev limiters that were fitted today, so took it easy on you all ! Next time, you all need to come without this particular modification fitted .

Webbo - Sorry about the stone chips , it was the wheelspin in third when I went for the overtake on the Peugeot ! Hope the offer of a lift to Silverstone next week is at least some recompense.

We'll have to arrange something again in the New Year, maybe when the worst of the weather is over with. Perhaps we can try to get the numbers up a bit, as they must be more Coupe owners in the south that haven't attended one of our little runs yet. Hopefully pfoe will be able to make it as well !

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 19/11/2006 23:58

Sorry bout that guys, i was keen as hell to come hence me starting this thread but its sod's law its a weekend i had to work!!
Nice to see you had a good time though!
Well all's good, no more rev limiter for me anymore so woulda been nice to give it some throttle with the rest of the coops! well still wudnt have been able to cos of my dead EBV

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 00:29

A great day with some nice roads. Good to see a few new faces. Strange meet really, no swearing in the pub, slow-ish drive and we didn’t manage to lose anyone.

I had a good run back but couldn’t believe it when a Volvo V70 tried to have a race. Lucky I was well behaved and didn’t bite

We will have to a meet in the New Year. Now where is my Coupe Christmas list for Santa

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 02:23

Quote:

slow-ish drive and we didn’t manage to lose anyone.

Sorry Kev, as I said, I could have tried harder, but was conscious of the rev limiters that several people had fitted for the day ! Next time I'll turn up the boost and keep the gas pedal planted !

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 02:26

You will lose all of us if you do that

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 02:29

Quote:

Quote:

slow-ish drive and we didn’t manage to lose anyone.

Sorry Kev, as I said, I could have tried harder, but was conscious of the rev limiters that several people had fitted for the day ! Next time I'll turn up the boost and keep the gas pedal planted !

Phil

I'll make a concious attempt to leave the rev-limiter off next time, also keen on the weight-reduction that implies
then I'll see how badly the standard kit keeps up with you mod-bods!

Warren.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 02:32

I hope your missus doesn't read that post waz . Hope everything goes well for you with No. 2 .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 05:04

Quote:

I hope your missus doesn't read that post waz . Hope everything goes well for you with No. 2 .

Phil

Easily justifiable to the missus, "im leaving behind for this meet cos it means ill actually be saving money on petrol thru weight reduction!" happy days

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 19:26

Just went for a drive to test the new Nomad pod and boost gauge (all is running sweet btw) around some country roads in my area but met a snag.

Bloody White Van Men everywhere. I couldn't really test the local roads cause i got stuck behind a white van every single time! WVM dont work sundays do they? They might come out in a rash or something, so i'll take another look around then when the roads are more like they will be for our next meet.

GRRRR WVM!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 19:42

Allways WVM or OAPs on the roads around here

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 19:49

That's what happens if you live in Dorset !

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 21:10

True, but I do feel young living down here with all the OAPs

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 21:22

I used to work in the Mayfly about 4 years ago, I know it well. Has a date been set yet, I probably should have read all of the post but I got a bit overly excited as it's close to me!!!!

Are there many people with Coupes around in this part of the world then?!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 21:48

afaik yeah! theres gonna be a big on in january, read thru the thread for more details!

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 20/11/2006 22:00

Do you mean the next meet Mark_k?

IF yes no date has been set.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 21/11/2006 00:20

It was yesterday Mark , and we didn't get into the Mayfly, as the car park was full . Still, with Stockbridge down the road, it wasn't too hard to find an alternative venue .

There's talk about organising another meet in the New Year sometime, although I thought 007 was considering a Xmas Do at the last place we went to in Horndean. Something to do with the barmaid I think .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 21/11/2006 04:04

Quote:

There's talk about organising another meet in the New Year sometime, although I thought 007 was considering a Xmas Do at the last place we went to in Horndean. Something to do with the barmaid I think .

Phil

A barmaid you say *ponders*....sounds good to me (checks calender to make sure he isnt on duty crew) lol

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 21/11/2006 09:47

Quote:

Something to do with the barmaid I think.

Shhh!!! You never know who's reading this.

The Christmas bash got as much interest as a pork chop in a vegetarians only buffet .
If someone wants to spark it up I can see what can be done but it may be a little late now.

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 21/11/2006 14:13

Oh right, that's a real shame. I would have loved to have gone across to that. The roads around there are pretty cool, nice fast twisties and long straights too.

Just for info, there is an additional car park at the Mayfly. If you go over the little bridge towards Stockbridge, on the corner there is a left hand turn to go towards Chilbolton, about 10 metres down there is a right turn and additional car parking. Also, if there is likely to be another meet there in the future on a Sunday, it's worth either getting there at just gone 12 or about 4 as those are the quieter times.

I'm absolutely gutted now as it's so close to me and I missed out, serves me right for not reading the meets bit anyway!!

Where abouts do you live Phil, I've seen you say your about 15 miles from Thruxton?

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 22/11/2006 04:39

I live just north of Winchester Mark, about 2 minutes off the A303 .

Phil

Re: Anyone for a hampshire/Surrey meet? - 22/11/2006 15:05

Ahhh, I was born in Winchester. I'll keep a look out for your motor next time I am over that way!! Are there anymore meets planned down this way for the future?!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK