Fiat Coupe Club UK

RR with a slipping clutch? EBC vs PRV?

Posted By: Anonymous

RR with a slipping clutch? EBC vs PRV? - 30/06/2008 19:21

1. my car

My clutch is slipping at 1.3 bar, the dyno demon RR day is this weekend, is it worth putting it on the RR anyway to check that the fuelling is good at that boost level? Would they generally allow it or would they abort it? Will I get the same maximum power if they ease the throttle a bit at 3k rpm to help it get a grip? Or should I wait until the new clutch is fitted and pay twice as much for the RR?

2. boost controllers

Due to the differences in load on the RR you often get less boost for the same duty cycle, this includes the standard EBV, and aftermarket EBC's, last year I got 1.2 bar on the RR but 1.3 bar on the road (and i wasnt the only one, plenty others got less boost as well). It seems to me that while the fuelling is fine at 1.2 bar it might not be at 1.3 back on the road? If I had used a PRV then I would have got 1.3 bar regardless because it doesnt use duty cycles.

Does this mean it's better to bypass an EBC on the RR and use a cheap PRV to make sure you get the full boost?

Re: RR with a slipping clutch? EBC vs PRV? - 30/06/2008 19:24

no point putting your car on with a slipping clutch.

i would also say use the boost controller which you use on the road as you will get different boost at the redline which is more important. i would just turn the boost up on the day to get 1.3 bar, then take it back down again for the road. as long as you have a warning level on the boost controller you "should" be ok!

Re: RR with a slipping clutch? EBC vs PRV? - 30/06/2008 19:28

That sounds like the best way \:\)

Thanks
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK