Fiat Coupe Club UK

EBC setup on RR - worth it?

Posted By: Saint

EBC setup on RR - worth it? - 06/01/2007 14:33

I have been thinking about getting my EBC setup on the RR for two boost points - 1.1bar and 1.35bar. I am having a little trouble getting the auto mode to work on my EBC (its a greddy profec E-01) as it wants a longer time on full boost/wide open throttle.

Problem is that the penatlies for speeding here are pretty tough - 25mph over the limit and you lose you licence for 3-6months and the open road is a 60mph limit - so midnight tuning at top of 4th is a big risk

Anyway - have tried to set it up manually the best I can but my boost is still not 100% solid etc day to day,

Is it worth getting a fuzzy logic controller like this setup on the RR, or will it all go out the window when the weather changes? I have heard when the temp drops, it can stuff up the fuzzy logical and it needs to be re-tuned. It is a pretty expensive process buying dyno time so is it worth it or will the setting likly all go out the window after the first cold night?

Thanks
Posted By: mattB

Re: EBC setup on RR - worth it? - 06/01/2007 16:08

My understanding is that if you set it up on the RR, you will generally see different results on the road, due to the difference in load the engine is seeing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EBC setup on RR - worth it? - 06/01/2007 16:23

My understanding is that if the roads are that heavily policed, you don't need to tune the car at all
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EBC setup on RR - worth it? - 06/01/2007 18:29

Quote:

My understanding is that if you set it up on the RR, you will generally see different results on the road, due to the difference in load the engine is seeing.

Your right dude. I got mines set up on the rollers and then wen i took it on the road it was very unstable, coninually bouncing around.

Ross
Posted By: Saint

Re: EBC setup on RR - worth it? - 07/01/2007 00:04

Quote:

My understanding is that if the roads are that heavily policed, you don't need to tune the car at all

depends if you have race tracks and closed roads for bent sprints - I guess it's about the same policing here as the U.K.,

so sounds like RR setup of the ebc is a waste of $$$
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK