Fiat Coupe Club UK

Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99

Posted By: deannn_20VT

Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 12/11/2012 14:45

I will be there so if anyone fancy coming along it's with www.clubmsv.com and it's only £99 for full day OPL.

Jack
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 12/11/2012 16:03

Your link isn't working Jack.

Snetterton OPL 29th November 2012.

Re: Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 12/11/2012 17:00

Thanks Joe, made spelling mistake there.

Re: Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 22/11/2012 10:41

Anyone coming along for a bit of track action? smile

Re: Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 27/11/2012 23:30

Seems like it's going to be mostly dry day at the track but cold around 3-5*C. Do you think if I take track day tyres I will be able to get enough heat in them to work or should I stick to road tyres which in my case are Falken FK-452.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 28/11/2012 09:30

you will get the track tyres hot!! enough for extra grip.
take both just to be sure! smile

good luck mate!

Re: Snatterton 300 OPL on the 29th November - £99 - 02/12/2012 16:06

I had really good time at Snatterton last Thursday. I took my time learning the track and by the afternoon session I know what I was doing. Still a lot to wish to get to perfection but hey I am not a pro and only spent some 2hr driving on this track.

The weather was OKish with some scattered showers and standing water in places. I was registering plenty of torque steer coming off corners so had to run boost setting to low 1.2 bar. The suspension setup proved to be much better than the one I had on my 16VT - this time B6 at the front and Koni adjustable at the rear with Eibach springs - absolutely no oversteer and very little sway.

There were very few cars on that day maybe 30 in total so there was no waiting in pits to get back on the track. A few red flags because of people pushing their car beyond their capabilities and going off track. Personally, I saw M3 having front end meeting with alu wall.

I managed to spin off the track as I usually do and after that my exhaust back box ended on the ground so had to fix it. Not a biggie thou just put it back in it's place smile

I went through a brand new set of OMP 971c race pads in some 40-50 laps and my Brembo's turned from silver to bronze colour tongue

My longest session was just under 30 minutes and involved overtaking absolutely every car on the track including chasing and finally overtaking two Subaru Impreza's - I am sure that they're surprised smile

Also, I met really cool fella driving TVR T350t who took me for a spin - wow, what a machine!

Here are some pics:
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

And the video of me doing Impreza's (be patient):
http://youtu.be/zQou7cuqrX8 (my apologies for low quality vid)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK