Fiat Coupe Club UK

The new club website.

Posted By: PeteP

The new club website. - 27/09/2012 13:54

The new club website is now up and running.

Click here or on the Fiat Coupe Club panel on the left side of the screen for access.

Our thanks go to Kayjey for his time and effort in making this happen.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 13:59

Looks great thumb

Maybe the text on the founding of the club could be slightly larger?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 14:22

Er, not to be picky but do we really want a link on the front page of the site to go straight to a Welformed VS post? (Fuel consumption records).

Edit: also, just the one 'l' in acceleration, please, and perhaps a gap between 'top' and 'speed'? Both in the performance table template.
Posted By: 20vt_alex

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 14:37

looks very nice! well done! (shame there isnt an LE on there though)!

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 14:43

Originally Posted By: barnacle
Er, not to be picky but do we really want a link on the front page of the site to go straight to a Welformed VS post? (Fuel consumption records).

It's dynamic Neil, so should be gone soon.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 16:37

Great work there Kayjay ! A nice polished website.
Posted By: hoban81

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 16:49

Great work, well done. A Sprinty would have looked better thumb
Posted By: Serg1

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 16:55

Second that... also Sprinty would look much, much better!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 16:58

Looks great, best choice of colour for homepage! wink

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 16:58

Originally Posted By: Serg1
Second that... also Sprinty would look much, much better if it were painted yellow!
yes

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 17:55

Looks Stunning laugh

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 19:26

Allready silly colour comments ! That yellow coupe looks fantastic !
Posted By: cjh

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 20:54

Great work K! I would expect no less from you :-)

Re: The new club website. - 27/09/2012 22:54

looks very good .
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: New Fiat Coupe Club UK website - 28/09/2012 12:07

I like the look of the site but there is one area where I am a little less than happy with the content irked

Quote:
Continuing the Club

After several calls for help by the club board in 2007, several Forum and club members stood up to help out. Nikki and Paul were planning on moving to Canada after some less successful business moves, and most of us were really tied up in other stuff. A hectic period followed, where everybody tried to align expectations and efforts, as well as vision and time-to-spend. It was a hard time, but by summer 2008 things started clearing up and in October a new structure was finally in place and serious decisions were being made with the new team.

The club may have been born in the way it is expressed here and it is a good description of the club progressing though its infancy too. Unfortunately though the club had to grow up and confront reality and strangly this period seems to have been significantly glossed over.

I would not expect, nor wish, to see the whole truth about those times laid out in all its gory detail, that would not serve anyone well. However I doo feel some respect should be given to those who wrestled this club out of its bubble and gave it the oppotunity to thrive and survive.

Almost everything THE CLUB is today was born in this frantic period. If you are truly going to take time to name check people, some of whome I consider took far more out of ths club than they ever gave, then you should at least also give some credit to all those who did the exact opposite.
Posted By: Kayjey

Re: New Fiat Coupe Club UK website - 28/09/2012 23:11

That text will definitely be reviewed Bob - by someone who was there at the time. 2008 I was not in the board. But it's being worked on and the page is offline until corrected and finalised!

Thanks for the pm.
Posted By: kj16v

Re: The new club website. - 01/10/2012 00:15

Very polished looking site smile I have a couple of issues with the Buyers' Guide though:

To cope with the performance of the five cylinder turbo engine (220bhp and 310Nm) that variant also comes fitted as standard with a limited slip differential (called Viscodrive)...
The 16VT also has Viscodrive as standard.

They also did a few electrical changes by way of electronic signal replacement for the throttle cable providing better throttle feel and response.
'Fly by wire' throttle control never improves throttle response - it might manage to make it the difference in throttle response unnoticeable, but it never improves it and it definitely doesn't improve throttle feel; the pedal isn't attached to the throttle!!

Re: The new club website. - 02/10/2012 12:55

nice work Im going to do my heter matrix now, I thought it wasd a pull whole dash out thing.....ace!

Re: The new club website. - 02/10/2012 14:25

Looks well thumb

Re: The new club website. - 05/10/2012 09:45

Looks ace, perfect choice having the yellow plus on the home page, brightens it right up cool

That reminds me, I've being meaning to join the club for ages, need to get my finger out I think laugh

Re: The new club website. - 05/10/2012 22:54

Has all the info about FCCUK evolving dissapeared ? Or am i missing something ?

Re: The new club website. - 06/10/2012 09:36

You're not missing something Joe, there are a couple of changes being made to it.

Re: The new club website. - 06/10/2012 20:47

Furry muff Pete. Tanks !

Re: The new club website. - 13/10/2012 16:45

Looks good cool
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK