Fiat Coupe Club UK

Wheel Spacers

Posted By: Anonymous

Wheel Spacers - 18/07/2010 11:39

Just got myself a new set of alloys, toally unique as I've had them Anthracite powder coated and then diamond cut click to enlarge , but, like a silly chump they don't fit over the 20VT Brembo callipers rolleyes
What spacers are available for 20VT hubs and will I need longer bolts? I reckon looking at them I'll need at least 12.5mm spacers to clear the brakes. This does mean that the central hub ring is almost clear of the alloy will this be a strength issue? the bolts line up perfectly so no need for wobble bolts. Help please smile
Posted By: flyingcustard

Re: Wheel Spacers - 18/07/2010 19:42

Thats quite a large ammount,i used 20mm H%R hubcentric spacers,top quality but not cheap.
the spacer itself bolts to the hub and the wheel to the spacer.

Dave

Ps love the new wheels cool
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Wheel Spacers - 18/07/2010 22:11

They look like Stilo wheels

Re: Wheel Spacers - 18/07/2010 22:41

They are wink just a little bit nicer now they've been customized lick I've been looking around it looks like FK Automotive do thick bolt on spacers. I assume it's best to do both axles to the same width, to keep the geometary correct?

Re: Wheel Spacers - 21/07/2010 12:00

Opinions on equal spacing front and back please smile
Posted By: flyingcustard

Re: Wheel Spacers - 21/07/2010 21:39

not sure how much it affects the handling but i`d recomend fitting to both ends,the rear`s look much better pushed out as standard they look odd,especialy from directly behind imo
Dave

Re: Wheel Spacers - 21/07/2010 21:52

I've got 20mm hubcentrics on the front and rear at the moment Pondman.

The stance of the car is great, no adverse change in driving, maybe a little more planted in the corners.

The rears are probably a little too wide and I will get the hubcentrics milled to 16 mm, they will then fit pefectly under the arch. The fronts - I will have 2 mm milled fom these.

Once done, I think she will sit lovely. Will take a few low shot pictures and post once my Mac gets back from repair.

Hope this helps
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK