Fiat Coupe Club UK

Tracking Help - NW

Posted By: Anonymous

Tracking Help - NW - 21/01/2009 11:31

I'm looking for someone reputable to set the tracking on my coop. I live just outside of Liverpool so any local suggestions much appreciated.

I think Stan posted a link to a nationwide company but I can't find it.

EDIT: Got it!;

http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/
Posted By: GraemeC

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 25/01/2009 21:53

Only place I've been to and been happy with the service is Demon Tweeks in Wrexham - everywhere else the service has been pretty poor...

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 25/01/2009 22:16

Is huddersfield too far away for you?

The pitstop did a superb job on mine, and they are great to deal with.

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 26/01/2009 09:12

Just out of interest what are the recommended track settings?

I had my tracking done at a local place the other day as I had another steering rack fitted.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 26/01/2009 20:51

IIRC, standard 20VT tracking is 2mm toe out, +/- 1mm

I have mine set to dead on standard, but I fancy a bit better turn-in, so I'll be going for parallel next time

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 26/01/2009 23:55

The guy who did mine said that once you lower it or change anything from standard then you have to "guess" the best compromise, which is why some places do it better than others, those who know what theyre doing, and others can do it completely wrong.

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 27/01/2009 08:41

Originally Posted By: MattW
The guy who did mine said that once you lower it or change anything from standard then you have to "guess" the best compromise, which is why some places do it better than others, those who know what theyre doing, and others can do it completely wrong.

The garage I took my car to can't even get the steering wheel straight. And my car is standard in the suspension department. \:mad\:

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 27/01/2009 12:58

Dare I say it again...?

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk, for those not too far away.

Chesham in Buckinghamshire.

These guys setup race cars, 'Our state of the art equipment includes the Hunter Hawkeye 811 Pro Wheel Aligner. This stunning piece of machinery allows Tony and his team even the most precise changes to the geometry of your vehicle.' No guesswork with that bad boy, let me tell you.

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 27/01/2009 13:15

Feeblebob, any idea what they charge for alignment ? getting a few suspension bits n pieces fitted this week, I may go there instead of my normal place

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 27/01/2009 19:35

I'll look out my receipt to check, I just got my alignment done while I was there, wish I'd got all 4 wheels balanced too, a couple I think are very slightly out. It's more than Kwik Fit or the like, and you might need to queue behind an owners club if you get there early :-) but the check itself is very precise.

Re: Tracking Help - NW - 28/01/2009 09:49

Cheers feeblebob, I certainly wont be going anywhere near kwikfit ! I normally pay £35 for front wheel alignment, but would pay more for better accuracy \:D
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK