Fiat Coupe Club UK

front lower suspension arm

Posted By: Anonymous

front lower suspension arm - 11/05/2016 14:18

fiat coupe 16v turbo front lower suspension arm is the same arm like in the tipo? and the drop link bar the same?

Posted By: Scuderia

Re: front lower suspension arm - 11/05/2016 14:20

The lower arms are different. The drop links are probably the same.

Re: front lower suspension arm - 11/05/2016 14:27

what is the different?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: front lower suspension arm - 11/05/2016 18:43

Originally Posted By: Scuderia
The lower arms are different. The drop links are probably the same.

I'm confused, lower arms for the Tipo, 16v and 20v are all the same confused
Posted By: szkom

Re: front lower suspension arm - 11/05/2016 19:13

There is a short arm version of the Coupe wishbone that bolts up. It's probably a good inch shorter. As I recall, all but the Hgt Bravo had the shorter arm. I thought some of the lower spec Tipos were the same?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: front lower suspension arm - 11/05/2016 19:32

I'll ask Steve at AA to clarify tomorrow, that short version is ringing a bell with me now.

Re: front lower suspension arm - 13/05/2016 13:44

All Tipos have the short arms (narrow track)
All Coupes have the wide track
Some models, e.g Alfa 155 can have either depending on the specific model.

Re: front lower suspension arm - 14/05/2016 07:41

All Alfa 155s have the same front lower wishbones. Wider track on the wide body models was managed by wheel offset and skinny spacers of about 4mm.

Re: front lower suspension arm - 14/05/2016 12:41

Originally Posted By: Wombat
All Alfa 155s have the same front lower wishbones. Wider track on the wide body models was managed by wheel offset and skinny spacers of about 4mm.

Thanks Wombat, I assumed they must have wide track arms.

Re: front lower suspension arm - 14/05/2016 23:21

Creating a wider track using the Coupe equipment has been condidered. Top mounts on the front would need slots (or camber bolts) to get the camber right, but the main issue is the body work gets in the way big time.

Re: front lower suspension arm - 15/05/2016 04:01

Originally Posted By: Wombat
Creating a wider track using the Coupe equipment has been condidered. Top mounts on the front would need slots (or camber bolts) to get the camber right, but the main issue is the body work gets in the way big time.

A friend of mine put a whole Coupe front end in a Tipo. It wasn't too bad with 16x6.5" Coupes wheels
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: front lower suspension arm - 28/06/2016 12:01

Are you serious?

Wow, I'd love to see some footage of that!!

Re: front lower suspension arm - 13/03/2017 11:16

Just reviving this as I had to have new lower front wishbones fitted for my MoT. Also ended replacing the drop links but what a noticable difference its made to ride and most notably turn-in. I suspected they were on their way out as the works car park that appears to have been carpet-bombed made them shudder on occasion. The car really does turn-in well now - The Coupe in near standard form is never a track-day special but its a real improvement if anyone out there is contemplating if its worth it or not. thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK