Fiat Coupe Club UK

Bravo top mounts

Posted By: knight7660

Bravo top mounts - 14/06/2014 20:14

Hi all will bravo top mounts fit the koni adjustable shocks?

I only ask because I have a set sitting spare and they were for my FK's, but I'm moving back over to the konis this year while I make my mind up about new coilovers.

So instead of buying new top mounts I was wondering if this will fit fine
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Bravo top mounts - 14/06/2014 21:27

No, Konis need the upper spring seat for the coupe as they use a standard configuration spring. The Bravo mounts only work on the smaller diameter coilover spring and a small upper spring seat.

Re: Bravo top mounts - 14/06/2014 23:47

Cheers jimbo
Posted By: szkom

Re: Bravo top mounts - 15/06/2014 07:33

If you have the rest of the Bravo mounting system it should fit as the Bravo/coupe share the same spring diameter.

Re: Bravo top mounts - 15/06/2014 10:20

The coupe top mount allows the upper spring retainer and bearing to mount at the correct offset angle. I'm not sure what stresses you would be inducing if you used the bravo option?
I think unless you are going for the smaller diameter spring then you would be safer/sensible just to use the original mounts.

The coupe top mounts are actually more rigid and will have much less flex than the bravo mounts so will offer more accurate handling, he bravo mounts just offer the option of easily fitting the coilovers.

Re: Bravo top mounts - 15/06/2014 18:37

I'm happy to buy new coupe ones and the bravo ones will go back in the shelf until the fk's are either sold or refurbed
Posted By: szkom

Re: Bravo top mounts - 15/06/2014 20:37

The Bravo top spring seat is offset if I recall correctly. However you can't mix and match between the mounting systems. It either needs to be fully coupe or fully Bravo. So you'd need top spring seat, full top mount and the retaining bits under the top nut.

I'd agree there's more give in the Bravo system, it's actually something I wondered about for lowered Coupes to give some more comfort on road.

Re: Bravo top mounts - 16/06/2014 12:30

It does make the ride more forgiving with the bravo mounts but for a car with coil overs used on the track - I'd go for solid top mounts or go the OSRAV adjustable suspension route, they work very well as a standard configuration damper and spring.

Re: Bravo top mounts - 16/06/2014 23:46

Jimbo have you got a link for the osrav kit because I can't find them. frown

Re: Bravo top mounts - 17/06/2014 13:36

I don't have a link to the dampers themselves but I'm sure it was Zagato Lancia that sold them in the UK.

http://www.lancia.org.uk

Here's an old thread with the "then" prices and info:
http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=781455&page=1
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK