Fiat Coupe Club UK

Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK??

Posted By: G_Man

Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 19/12/2022 19:02

The Esso garage in Coldstream:

£1.35 unleaded
£1.54 diesel

Dunno how they do it unless there's some dodgy pipeline from Russia laugh
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 19/12/2022 19:45

That's astonishing....mind you it's been evident since the peak prices that supermarkets have been much slower to lower them than the local outlets
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 19/12/2022 22:54

Maybe a money laundering scheme? There was a garage near me run by known local gangsters where they were selling fuel below cost to launder money. Lasted quite a while before it was all discovered and shut down.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 20/12/2022 18:23

£1.39 litre up here for unleaded
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 21/12/2022 10:40

It's back up from £1.52 to £1.54 at one of our local big Sainsburys rolleyes
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 21/12/2022 12:49

All the supermarkets are not lowering their prices in Inverness, but the next village is £1.39. Queues of vehicles are not that a rare sight spilling out onto the road.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 22/12/2022 15:25

Cheapest round here yesterday and today was E1.62, call it £1.41 at current exchange rates. But in Germany, the price is up and down on a regular basis... https://ich-tanke.de/tankstellen/super-e10/umkreis/14469-potsdam/
Posted By: stan

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 25/12/2022 12:25

Potsdam?? shocked

Ask Mrs Stan, but that's yet another city I can't go back to! rolleyes

I was only following orders, honest, how was I supposed to know........!

GMan, you'll need to share the exact coordinates of that garage, I don't mind driving 100 miles to save 2p a litre on fuel! laugh

We travelled up to Bonny Scotland last week and numbskull here saw a village filling station selling fuel at a similar price to GMan's price, but me being an idiot said "Well, if they can sell it at that price, it'll be cheaper in town! Wrong! The cheapest I could find, bearing in mind I drink from the black nozzle, was £1.69.9p/l Cry? I nearly broke into a smile, but thankfully avoided that!
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Have we got the cheapest fuel in the UK?? - 27/12/2022 11:05

We seem blessed down here in the South east at the moment as locally petrol is £1.39 and diesel is £1.59 so hopefully this will come down a bit more in the new year. Lets hope nothing more kicks off in Ukraine etc to spoil it.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK