Fiat Coupe Club UK

Mexican GP

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 06:36

Wow - what a funny and chaotic (though entertaining) ending to the F1. Vettel is really losing the plot this season, especially telling Charlie W to F off. There is, of course, clear irony in him also being the first driver to be done for the moving under braking rule. Max must be smirking that he finally finished behind him. Shame Daniel didn't actually get the chance to appear on the podium as he clearly (and correctly) felt he should have.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 06:43

I think Vettel is reverting to his childhood. If they want him to stop screaming every time he throws his toys out of the pram, they're going to need a bigger pram...

That was a bizarre ending to an otherwise very boring race.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 10:02

Agree. I dont thinks Verastappen deserved a penalty in the first place. He was ahead of Vettel and stayed ahead of him after his bit of cross country. The off was almost identical to Lewis' lap one mistake. They should introduce some penalty for misuse of the radio too.

What I found even more amazing was that there was no GP thread on here!I checked on here late last night for opinions and there were none! What's happened to fccuK!?
Posted By: enfant_teribl

Re: Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 11:09

Am I right in thinking that the team makes the call as to what of the transmissions are released?

Re: Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 14:12

I don't think they do. At some point we're going to have access to all of it
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 18:08

Ideally Max or Daniel needed to be close to Nico near the end of the "race" and then I suspect Nico would have been diving off the track to keep out of the way! laugh
Shame that due to altitude, the circuit does not really work for "overtaking"?
Surely though the notion of "overtaking" is a pre-requisite of motor racing????
Perhaps not though in "Bernie's mind"?!?! rolleyes
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Mexican GP - 31/10/2016 18:11

Originally Posted By: barnacle
I think Vettel is reverting to his childhood. If they want him to stop screaming every time he throws his toys out of the pram, they're going to need a bigger pram...

That was a bizarre ending to an otherwise very boring race.

Bigger pram?
Now there's an idea! idea
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Mexican GP - 01/11/2016 12:29

Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider
I don't think they do. At some point we're going to have access to all of it

The access is already there smile http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/11/01/2016-mexican-grand-prix-team-radio-transcript/ Not sure where they get it from though

Re: Mexican GP - 01/11/2016 13:08

But I think from next season we can get it live
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Mexican GP - 01/11/2016 14:12

Ah! smile
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Mexican GP - 01/11/2016 16:21

Looks like Vettel has written letters to the FIA and charlie W apologising for his outbursts.

Vettel grovels

I can't imaging he will go unpunished for it as it wasn't really very sportsman like!
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Mexican GP - 01/11/2016 21:15

It seems Vettel got away with it! His frustration at Ferrari seems to be the possible undoing of him if he is not careful. I doubt Charlie W will forgive another outburst.
It seems Hamilton will need some of his bad luck to turn Rosbergs way in the next race if he is going to have any chance but I doubt it will happen.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Mexican GP - 02/11/2016 08:04

Originally Posted By: Cooperman

It seems Hamilton will need some of his bad luck to turn Rosbergs way in the next race if he is going to have any chance but I doubt it will happen.

More chance of that if he can keep Rosberg between him and Verstappen.
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: Mexican GP - 02/11/2016 11:13

Originally Posted By: Cooperman
It seems Vettel got away with it! His frustration at Ferrari seems to be the possible undoing of him if he is not careful. I doubt Charlie W will forgive another outburst.

I think Vettel has been let off lightly, possibly due to the other penalty he got on Sunday and probably due to him being with Ferrari!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK