Fiat Coupe Club UK

Star/famous people spotting maybe

Posted By: Anonymous

Star/famous people spotting maybe - 23/11/2013 21:05

Ed China in Bracknell, shopping at Waitrose laugh

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 23/11/2013 22:32

Karen Brady, Conservative Campaign Office.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 23/11/2013 23:20

John Hannah walking on the street in Richmond last month. He clocked me, saw I was an equally great thespian and gave me a nod.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 06:56

Best Spot I've ever had was Roger Moore.

We had just visited Handle's House Museum and were making our way to a trendy Cafe for lunch.

We spotted the really well dressed Roger just off "New Bond Street" down one of the mews. He even aknowledged us spotting him too cool
Posted By: Azzura

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 09:09

Sean Connery, Dame Judy Dench, Robin Williams, Anna Friel, David Thewlis, and Billy Connolly, all walking around a muddy field up the road from house (otherwise known as the Lonach Gathering)
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 10:11

Said hello to Murray Walker on the stairs to the press office at Silverstone. Had a very brief chat with Jenson Button on the same day.

Had a really enjoyable couple of laps at Rockingham in my own Coupe with Matt Neal driving - he made my car do things I didn't realise we're possible
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 10:17

I've played rugby with/against a few guys who went on to become England/Permiership players (non of them are exactly household names though).

Almost certain I saw Gary Rhodes the other day in Petersfield too. I'm surprised I even recognised him though.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 11:05

My favourite from many years ago cool laugh

click to enlarge
Posted By: H_R

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 11:09

I used to be a member of a model flying club in Corby, we always had a bit of a reputation at the model shows around the country as big drinkers and always upto no good!

Well one year (around 1992)we were doing the display at the Corby Highlands Gathering, we had a big session that night and the next day i was severely hungover, I had just been sick again in the display arena and this guy comes upto me asking if i was ok and then asking me loads of Questions about the aeroplanes and the display in general!

That was quite hard to do because my breath must of been terrible!

The guy in question was Terry Nutkins from the BBC really wild show! he was such a nice genuine guy and asking "me" questions, really weird

Anyway as i said he was such a decent nice genuine person who has sadly passed away this Year! God Bless!

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 24/11/2013 20:52

Weighed Chris Eubank naked in a London hotel room, exchanged hellos with Michael Howard as I was breaking into a cupboard outside his office, shook Derek Bells hand at a concert the week after he won Le Mans and shared a toilet with Tiff Nedell at Thruxton.

Strange old world.

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 25/11/2013 07:51

Goldie Hawn and Kirt Russell in a bar in Skiathos, expected a limo to arrive but they got into a battered old Suzuki Jeep.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 25/11/2013 08:42

Yesterday I saw Thomas Waldrom (Leicester Tigers) with his son in the coffee shop at Wistow Rural Centre.

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 25/11/2013 08:49

Saw Will Carling in Burford earlier in the year. The first comment my missus made (when he was still quite near) was that the lady he was with looked like Princess Diana #awkward

Was boarding a plane at Paris CDG airport and was stood next to Arsene Wenger. He looked proper terrified and didn't say much.
Posted By: jasgol

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 25/11/2013 20:42

Originally Posted By: Nobby
He looked proper terrified and didn't say much.

I met him briefly at my graduation ceremony, he was being presented with an honorary doctorate on the same day. The poor chap had to sit on the stage and applaud all the spotty graduates for about two hours. Being an Arsenal fan I went up and shook his hand before collecting my degree. He looked proper terrified and didn't say much.
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 25/11/2013 21:27

Originally Posted By: bezzer
Yesterday I saw Thomas Waldrom (Leicester Tigers) with his son in the coffee shop at Wistow Rural Centre.

cool

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 26/11/2013 22:12

On a BA flight to Malaga last year, on my way to a Spanish construction site that builds oil rigs (Cadiz), and was op Damon Hill on the flight.

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 27/11/2013 06:08

Didier Drogba, constantly seen running around on my pitch
Posted By: daithi28

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 27/11/2013 08:52

I sat besite Johnny Herbert on a flight from Dublin to Birmingham a few years ago. I was heading over to pick my Coupe from Motormech.

Jeremy Irons was my next door neighbour for about 5 days back in 1995.
Posted By: Wishy

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 27/11/2013 10:13

Up until a couple of years ago Mark Gatiss' sister lived two doors down from us. He only used to visit about once a year or so but it used to be quite surreal to look out of the window and see Hilary Briss going out for a Christmas or Boxing Day family walk.

Never dared running after him to see if he had any special stuff going spare though.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Star/famous people spotting maybe - 27/11/2013 21:17

In no particular order.

Arsenal & Scotland defender Willie Young. He managed to sort of grunt a good morning to me when i was plastering an extension to his house many moons ago.

When working at the BBC i met. Roger Moore, Jack Charlton,David Frost,Michael Fish, Moira Anderson, Jules Holland, Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer and Jo Brand.

Rugby players. Brian Moore, Peter Winterbottom, Jason Lenard.

I bumped into Noddy Holder in a London Street some years back.
And recently chatted with little Mo from Eastenders in Limoges Airport.
She lives in the village where i was bought up and now has a holiday home not to far from me here in France.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK