Fiat Coupe Club UK

Ask the forum

Posted By: szkom

Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 09:19

What to do about some headphones I bought from China, cheap.

I replaced my headphones with some (same model) from ebay for the princely sum of £3. So they've turned up and, well, they don't work correctly and there are a number of quality issues. I left negative feedback and chalked it up to experience.

My dilemma is that the seller has contacted me (by phone and email) asking me to revise my feedback, and have offered me a refund, plus an additional £4. They also laid it on thick about potentially losing their job over this.

I don't care about the money, I feel the feedback is just, but I don't want loss of jobs as a result.

Suggestions? Am I being too soft entertaining this?
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 09:25

I would say the seller is being genuine about your complaint and the quality of their products, and by offering you a refund and compensation, that is more than adequate service.

As for loss of jobs confused

I'd take the offer and revise the feedback to something more appropriate, i.e from negative to positive, but saying something losely along the lines of the goods arriving in poor condition but the company resolved this by offering you a no quibble refund?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 09:45

I would take the refund and leave the bad feedback. They will be selling thousands of these fake items accross dozens of eBay accounts and relying on the fact that over 90% or buyers just accept they were fleeced and take it as experience. Those that complain get the same sob story you have got.

If they want to keep their job then sell a decent product, it's very simple.

Who is the ebay seller btw? and how on earth did he get you phone number crazy
Posted By: mikndo69

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 11:05

szkom,

these headphones wouldn't be for an Xbox 360 would they?
Posted By: aleem

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 11:37

I would have contacted the seller before leaving feedback to allow them to resolve the problem.

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 12:42

Dan, I'm inclined to take the refund and revise my feedback. However I couldn't take compensation for doing that as it doesn't sit right with me. Plus the item is still dubious. The only thing stopping me is that it negates the point of feedback if I do.

John, if you want the seller ID then feel free to pm me. As for the phone number I assume PayPal.

Mikndo69, they are for my phone.

Aleem, normally yes. However a 3 pound pair of headphones, from China, that are poor quality isn't worth my time. IMO it's not akin to damaged in transit or the wrong colour turning up. Returning them isn't an option due to cost, and I didn't think they would just give me the money back without providing proof.
Posted By: benje

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 12:55

Were they sold as genuine or are they just cheap earphones? If its the former I'd agree with what Bockers says!
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 13:34

Surely you make a paypal claim to get your money back and leave the neg?

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 13:51

They were advertised as genuine.

Steve, didn't even occur to me to claim via PayPal. Guess it was the fact they were only 3 quid. In hindsight smile
Posted By: paulw

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 15:18

Just remember ... 'if it seems to good to be true...'

£3 and 'new' was never going to be right.

If I had paid for them I would take it as a bit of a punt and expect what you got.

Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 15:24

Way I see it too. The thread was more to do with me altering my feedback.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 15:41

Put it this way, if everyone complained (as they should) - the company would soon go out of business in giving compensation back as well!!
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 15:52

what did you expect for a few quid delivered...

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 17:37

Originally Posted By: Rudidudi
what did you expect for a few quid delivered...

Quite, but the thread was asking if it's acceptable to change the feedback, especially as they're trying to pay me to do it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 17:53

It's right they try and address the problem, at their expense however they see fit, but your feedback was honestly given in judgement of the situation you were in - therefore it should stand in my opinion. Was your feedback wrong? If not, let it sit smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ask the forum - 15/05/2013 21:21

You could leave neutral feedback and say the item wasn't working correctly but was resolved by the seller. It's not bad nor positive.

Re: Ask the forum - 16/05/2013 19:29

For anybody still interested I replied via eBay and said I would change the feedback to neutral and state there was a problem with the item, but the seller refunded. But only If they refunded the purchase cost.

And...they replied with a no to that. Instead asking if I could put positive feedback and state "good seller".

Well, I replied no.

So that's another chapter closed in the thriller that is my life. I've way too much time on my hands laugh
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Ask the forum - 16/05/2013 22:27

Originally Posted By: szkom

I've way to much time on my hands laugh

Well you did sell your coupe rolleyes

Quite right, stick to your guns, give them a chance and they blew it which answered your question.

Re: Ask the forum - 17/05/2013 13:32

Edinburgh, I've not sold the coupé, yet.

They got intouch again today saying that they know I'm a good person, and they will offer a refund, a replacement, and a further £4 if I change the feedback to positive. I'm starting to wonder if I should, they're quite persistent.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Ask the forum - 17/05/2013 15:55

It seems to me that they are well used to getting initial negative feedback and bribing people to change it.

I couldn't be bought for £4.00.
Click to reveal..
Now if they made it £5.00! woohoo
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK