Fiat Coupe Club UK

The perils of WD40.

Posted By: PeteP

The perils of WD40. - 21/07/2012 23:53

My next door neighbour has a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

He asked for my help this evening.

His rear brakes were squeeking on his way back from a day out. So he squirted WD40 on them and took it for a short drive and they no longer squeeked and the car stopped OK.

However when he got home and parked on his sloping drive the handbrake no longer worked, so he left it in gear and came round.

Yep, PT Cruisers have rear disc brakes like the Coupe.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: The perils of WD40. - 22/07/2012 04:54

Genius, I take it your neighbour isn't mechanically minded Pete?

Hopefully some break cleaner for the discs and sandpaper for the pads will cure the problem he's caused?
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: The perils of WD40. - 22/07/2012 05:46

I've accidentally sprayed WD40 onto my brake discs before blush on my pushbike that is. Was lubricating the spindle and it must have oversprayed onto the disc. Almost fatal!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: The perils of WD40. - 22/07/2012 06:23

04:46, are you just getting in from a night out or did you wet the bed again Pinin?
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: The perils of WD40. - 22/07/2012 06:36

It was poo-poo this time Uncle Jimbo frown I cant seem to control 'down there' .

I'm 'working' nights wink

Back on topic, how fugly is the PT Cruiser sick I recall being a teenager when it first appeared and my mate urinated on a wheel of one outside a nightclub. How we laughed, especially when the Bouncer grabbed him and dragged him away from the club's area, winky still in hand and pee on his trousers laugh
Posted By: Possum

Re: The perils of WD40. - 22/07/2012 07:23

Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Back on topic, how fugly is the PT Cruiser sick

They were built on the same platform as the Neon and used the same 2 litre engine.

Remember seeing my first one in 2000 in Norway which was before they were released "Downunder". Certainly not one of the best looking cars!

Now they are part of the "family". At least the Chrysler Delta is far better looking car. Will we see this "Downunder", now that Chrysler are the Australian distributors?
Posted By: PeteP

Re: The perils of WD40. - 22/07/2012 10:14

Originally Posted By: pinin_prestatyn
Back on topic, how fugly is the PT Cruiser

It is, but I think it's quite an interesting ugly, with a lot of 1940s Yank in the shape.

I would have one if I needed a cheapish medium sized family car.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: The perils of WD40. - 23/07/2012 00:25

Interesting, I see them come up for sale all the time, for absolute peanuts generally.
Posted By: stan

Re: The perils of WD40. - 23/07/2012 08:24

Beware Dan, parts are very expensive and some are very difficult to obtain; Connoly (the journo in Car Mechanics Mag) runs one and often has horror stories about the couple he has/does own....it's been enough to put me right off even though like Peter I actually liked the quirky styling frown
Posted By: DaveG

Re: The perils of WD40. - 23/07/2012 08:50

Originally Posted By: petep
I would have one if I needed a cheapish medium sized family car.

...or if you needed a hearse in a hurry laugh
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: The perils of WD40. - 23/07/2012 11:42

Darwin Awards are alive and well....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK