Fiat Coupe Club UK

How fickle are insurance companies?

Posted By: Anonymous

How fickle are insurance companies? - 06/12/2015 15:31

check out this page > CLICK <

What's the complete turnaround compared to a few years ago? Or is it just me that can see it....
Posted By: barnacle

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 06/12/2015 18:21

No, and I half like, half hate it.

btw, you might look at Nigel's thread in the insurance section... both he and I found it *much* cheaper than the usual suspects.

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 06/12/2015 18:27

Will do.....
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 06/12/2015 22:33

Adrian flux have for every car i have owned quoted £1000 + even recently for my cinquecento.

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 07/12/2015 03:59

Wow! Yes, and now they tell you that over the phone rather from email. Like they used to! Cheaper by phone suddenly .... Again!

If they all spent a little less on tv advertising campaigns perhaps we'd have better deals!

Yes, I need a good multiple car policy. What a pain this is going to be!
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 07/12/2015 11:14

Footman james for the coupes. I had 2x 20vts on mine for £330 with decent usage. Inc breakdown and europeon recovery

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 07/12/2015 16:03

Done both, just waiting for Footman to come back now Reubs! First they said, NO, cars must be 20 years old or older. I discussed this, and then they said .. okay? Weird! Funny how some people can be so finicky smile

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 07/12/2015 16:35

and Footman win by a £200 margin and 1000 miles a year more for each (that I won't use but you never know). Thanks Reuben laugh Quality advice! thumb

Re: How fickle are insurance companies? - 25/01/2016 20:44

i wont use AF anymore, even if they are cheaper... i had a very rude young fellow tell me that there was no possible way i could ever beat their quote and that there was no point in me ringing the competition and then proceeded to tell me that the discount on the renewal (which was more than the previous years premium) was only valid during that particular phone call. phone

when i raised the point with him 'politely' asking why would i pay his company more than the competition for worse cover especially with his jumped up attitude, he suddenly changed his tone and proceeded to be very apologetic and offer me more cover for ... wait for it... MORE MONEY... readit oh! nono sunshine!

Chris Knott are a much friendlier bunch and with the difference in premium i took the wife out to dinner and managed to service the 20v.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK