Fiat Coupe Club UK

Finding chassis number

Posted By: andyps

Finding chassis number - 06/12/2018 11:08

Does anyone know a way to get the chassis number information the DVLA hold for a car? Basically we have a Mark 1 Mini for which we can't find the V5 registration document, the chassis number plate also having gone missing at some point during front end repairs in the past. The car was last registered in my Dad's name at an address no family live at now and having spoken to the DVLA they can reissue the V5 to me but would need the chassis number. Hence the question - it's along term project but it would be great to ensure it could be registered properly using the original plate even if the car is a bit like triggers broom - although some parts are still original!
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Finding chassis number - 06/12/2018 11:13

Have you got any old MOT certificates? They have the chassis number on.

Re: Finding chassis number - 06/12/2018 11:19

I doubt it unfortunately - we can't find any of the paperwork which appears to have gone missing in house moves over the years.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Finding chassis number - 06/12/2018 13:44

Any knowledge of where it's been serviced or worked on over the years?
Maybe they might have history where the VIN number has been written on an estimate/invoice etc, long shot I know but an OCD individual might have records.

Re: Finding chassis number - 06/12/2018 15:17

Thanks Joe, will have a think but they would have to keep more old junk than even I have!!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK