Fiat Coupe Club UK

Changed car again!

Posted By: Anonymous

Changed car again! - 15/11/2018 11:48

Hi all,
Well I have decided to sell the 335i. I think Im going to miss it a lot.

It's something I have to do as the power is too addictive and I would surely lose my license if I keep it.

I have now gone for something a bit different. I have bought a 2008 350SLK. Feels gutless compared to the 335i but I "feel" like I'm going fast.:)

Had to change the awful standard sat nav and bluetooth system. Now have an all singing all dancing kenwood unit fitted.

Im looking at some suspension improvements so if anyone in the know,speak up smile.

I still haven't put the bmw on the market yet as I'm finding it hard to let go but know I must frown.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Changed car again! - 16/11/2018 13:25

The 335i is a very competent motor, and understated looks. A great Q car!

What made you pick the Merc? Does it sound nice with the roof down?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Changed car again! - 16/11/2018 15:19

Hi Gunzi
I just wanted something a bit different to be honest. And the speed of the Bmw is crazy, effortless and addictive. Risky for my license. Yes I know self control and all that 😁
I have never had a Merc before so thought, why not? It was a close call as I was looking at a Boxter s 3.4 but I thought the SLK a little more refined. Must be getting old 😁. Performance engine wise was very simular but I think with a few tweaks I can get the SLK to handle as good at least for my driving ability. It does have a nice growl about it especially as it revs to 7200 😎

So far I am enjoying it. Would post some picks but cant remember how? Think I emailed them to someone last time and they kindly did it for me.

Cheers
Frog
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK