Fiat Coupe Club UK

Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also?

Posted By: Anonymous

Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also? - 31/01/2012 19:58

Hi fellow Coupe owners,
2012 is the year I'm taking the plunge on a classic (loose definition), nothing to do with a mid 30s crisis...
I'm taking the plunge on a 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6 series 1.
Are there any other owners on the forum?
Up to 2 coupes now, picking it up on Saturday.
Aido
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also? - 01/02/2012 13:20

Cool - I used to own a gunmetal Alfetta GTV 2.0 ('83 I think). A colleague at the time own the GTV6 - fantastic engine though it used to lunch head gaskets at a frightening rate (stunning oil pressure). The cars themselves were nicely put together too with high quality trim etc.

Have fun with it.

Re: Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also? - 01/02/2012 19:24

Very nice, make sure you get some pictures and maybe a video love I really really loved them. Not quite a Montreal cloud9 but not far behind.

Re: Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also? - 01/02/2012 22:50

Thanks MeanRedSpider & Jonny for the message. There are a few things that need sorting but nothing major (hopefully).
Like the coupe I'm sure I'll have a few spare parts bought to have at hand and will look into the head gasket.
I'd love a Montreal, but getting a GTV6 at a 10th of the price of a Montreal ain't bad. I can keep dreaming for a 2.6 L V8

Pics n a vid to follow.

Aido
Posted By: wink

Re: Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also? - 02/02/2012 08:24

Early V6s had head gasket troubles, but they solved them with a redesigned gasket, so it wasn't a problem on later cars. Bodywork must be the most important thing - they tend to rot along door tops, round the base of the screen and...well everywhere really rolleyes

Re: Any owners have an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6 also? - 02/02/2012 18:22

I had one back in 1986, check the transaxle for cracks!

Lovely noise, dreadful drivers position and gear change, absolutely brilliant neutral handling.....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK