Fiat Coupe Club UK

First time I've owned 2 cars....

Posted By: Anonymous

First time I've owned 2 cars.... - 02/09/2010 19:06

...and what a nightmare. I want to keep the Civic for a few months yet whilst I get the coup resprayed, new turbo etc etc so I need to insure the coup as a second car.

Aviva (Civic) nor DirectLine (wife's policy) would insure the coupe for 90 days on temporary cover! I considered moving to Admiral but the multicar policy was ridiculously expensive. I've ended up leaving the Civic with Aviva and taking 3rd P/F/T with Elephant for £600 for the coup!! shocked

I'm 28 with good history and a clean license! When I sell the Civic and coup is finished I'll obviously move to comprehensive with my NCB but what a pain in the a$$!
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: First time I've owned 2 cars.... - 02/09/2010 21:23

i dont know if its too late but maybe worth calling someone like these

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1074811#Post1074811

you could have done a 1000 or so limited mile policy on the coupe... it would have probably on cost you a few hundred quid

Re: First time I've owned 2 cars.... - 03/09/2010 17:34

Cancel it mate I am in same position insured as a named driver on my gfs car and I was gettin silly quotes, I am 28, 5 years ncb and footman James insured me for £212 try them

Re: First time I've owned 2 cars.... - 03/09/2010 17:50

I don't have any NCB though because it's on the Civic. That's a really good price though! Will call them anyway. smile

Re: First time I've owned 2 cars.... - 07/09/2010 00:39

got mine insured with a plan

£295 5000miles

6 yrs ncd

i have 2 vans and one car

having only 2 vehicles with bonus when i added the coop, i had no bonus to use..
as i have two insured with them they match the bonus and saves me £££££££££
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK