Fiat Coupe Club UK

A result ... i think ?

Posted By: Rudidudi

A result ... i think ? - 18/08/2010 10:47

Having bought my coupe a few weeks ago after 5 years of lurking I finally got round to insuring her.

I was surprised at the wide range of prices!

I'm 38, 10+yrs NCB, 3 pending points grr

At one point footman james quoted me £1700 which was shocking.

Adrian flux came in at a competitive £450 including european / uk breakdown cover but was limited to 3000 miles.

After having read some posts on here i decided to call Footman James back and, as suggested, insist that they look again as other members have been insured under classic policies for a car of the same age (1998).

The lady said that it could be covered under a under a 'future classics policy' *sigh*.

The result for the policy directly comparible with the Adrian Flux one was good. Value £3500, limited 3000 miles, excess £100 (no voluntary excess), fully comp, european & uk breakdown cover, 35 days european cover etc... all for ..... £249 (so probably £200 ish if you remove breakdown cover).

/insert ecstatic smiley here

So i felt flush and opted for the 4500 mile policy at £312.

Thanks Footman James, my faith has been restored in car insurance companies.

Oh and on a minor point the lady i spoke to was delightful, unlike the adrian flux pushy 'wideboy' who just wanted me to buy a policy or get off the phone. Not that this would have mattered if AF were cheaper but the FJ 'buying experience' was nice smile
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: A result ... i think ? - 18/08/2010 13:54

Great as thought,footman james still insuring the coupe under classic.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK