Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alloys

Posted By: Anonymous

Alloys - 08/06/2010 22:18

Guys, am I being a bit thick because I'm having real trouble establishing why a simple set of alloys the same size as the originals are counted as a mod and whack my premium up by about £300.00
Why is this? I could understand if I'd put a nitro system on but just wheels....it defies logic.

Re: Alloys - 08/06/2010 23:27

They are not standard items but £300 does seem abit expensive. I'd perhaps try another insurer depending on your circumstances??, that are abit more friendly with modifications.

Re: Alloys - 09/06/2010 13:01

Originally Posted By: giffage
Guys, am I being a bit thick because I'm having real trouble establishing why a simple set of alloys the same size as the originals are counted as a mod and whack my premium up by about £300.00
Why is this? I could understand if I'd put a nitro system on but just wheels....it defies logic.

They put the price up because your changing the look of the standard car and they seem to say the wheels you put on are more likly to be knicked or the car its self, but £300 shocked thats a lot mine went up £50 when i told them about my new wheels, may be wrong but thats the impression i get ???
As leon1 as said try shopping a round for better qoutes am with adrian flux and would reccommend wink
paul smile

Re: Alloys - 10/06/2010 09:40

Change insurers! Adrian Flux, greenlight etc.....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK