Fiat Coupe Club UK

FYI: More Th>n cheapest again this year too

Posted By: Anonymous

FYI: More Th>n cheapest again this year too - 27/08/2008 11:17

FYI: Reported on here last year that for my LE More Th>n came out a lot cheaper than Elephant renewal and any other quotes last year - AND I subsequently also did get the £75 bonus (not guaranteed) of a http://www.quidco.com cashback for buying via their referral site.

Delighted to say that this year although my More Th>n renewal was 25% higher than last year and haggling with them on the phone they'd only reduce it by 10%, BUT going to their website and getting a fresh quote came in at just under last year's price (ie £100-£125 cheaper than most quotes which clustered in £400-£425 zone) AND as I went via Quidco there's the likelihood of a £65 bonus too.

A few tips I was reminded of when going through this year's insurance searching:
- ideally only start looking when you ARE ready to pay (eg credit card has just started another monthly statement cycle) as then you CAN just plump for a deal if/when offered one
- no point looking more than 30 days before renewal as many quote engines will either reject you or not give you a quote valid till when you do need it
- do make sure you do checkout cashback opportunities (ie Quidco and many other sites) though don't rely on it as it's never guaranteed until actually validated/claimed
- watch out for those excesses - More Th>n had sneakily increased from £250 last year to £400 this year
- playing with the excesses (where available) can make a big difference to xs and not necessarily to premium (remember was particularly true on CoOp CIS - initial changes meant only £2-5 more premium until a particular point when premium did leap)

Anyway glad a new More Th>n policy saved me at least £100 versus others (and their own renewal!) and hopefully £165!

DT
Posted By: DaveW

Re: FYI: More Th>n cheapest again this year too - 27/08/2008 12:59

It always amazes me how the prevailing attitude amongst the insurance companies is to screw their existing customers and give new customers the best deals. Common sense would say that there are going to be a lot more existing customers than new customers, so logically looking after your existing customers FIRST would make more financial sense, but obviously the insurance companies don't see it this way for some bizarre reason...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK