Fiat Coupe Club UK

adding a new driver?

Posted By: Anonymous

adding a new driver? - 18/08/2007 18:52

im insured with noel dazley at the moment (who are closed over the weekend , hence the question) on my 20vt coupe.
im 24 soon to be 25 and pay around £650 mark. what id like to know if anyone can help me, is, id like to add my wife to the insurance. shes 25 but has only been driving for about 4 months. is there any chance in hell im gonna be able to afford it? we have two cars at the moment and need to sell one. i really dont want to get rid of the coupe so this really is my only option.

craig

Re: adding a new driver? - 18/08/2007 19:18

Phone up and ask...

Re: adding a new driver? - 18/08/2007 19:58

Tbh its unlikely to be cheap. Inexperienced drivers plus fast cars are the worst combination. Be prepared to pay for it.

Ross

Re: adding a new driver? - 18/08/2007 20:03

as per the original post fergie, there closed over the weekend. just intrested if anybody can give me an idea

craig

Re: adding a new driver? - 18/08/2007 23:02

I would expect it to still be cheaper to add her as a named driver on that car than insurance in her name on a different car, but she might not pick up any no claims bonus from it \:\?

I didnt think the difference between powerful cars brings as big a hike in premiums for women as it does for men, but I could be wrong \:\)
Posted By: came2dance

Re: adding a new driver? - 18/08/2007 23:06

Go on confused.com and ask for quotes with just you as a driver them ask for quotes with your wife addded. They may be more than you are currently paying but at least it wil give you an idea of the difference. Plus itmight turn up a cheaper quote \:\)

Re: adding a new driver? - 19/08/2007 13:31

well admiral quoted £772 for a year with me and the wife together! not bad me thinks. never thought to try confused. ill see if noel dazley can beat that on monday! thanks to all for the help.

craig
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK