Fiat Coupe Club UK

Agreed values - first time classic insurance user

Posted By: cjh

Agreed values - first time classic insurance user - 19/04/2018 16:18

Hi all
I’ve read a few old posts on agreed value and I guessed on mine at 9k
with Hegarty - he took details popped me on hold and checked that was ok, he checked with someone and said yeah that’s fine.
Ok what do I need to send you - he said nothing, we will take you at your word..well I said that what if the cars a shed! Do you just ok them like that? I’m baffled, but I’d bet if you had to make a claim they’d cut that right down - so anyways had anyone ever had to make a claim and how easy was it?
I made a claim years ago on my coupe and they declined to pay out as they said the car wasn’t maintained correctly! Despite detailed history and notes from Paul Motomech and Jo at FCSS. So I’m weary of it is all...
Cheers
Posted By: cjh

Re: Agreed values - first time classic insurance user - 19/04/2018 16:21

Oh it’s a 2000 red plus - best colour - 2 owners from new - 110k and about 15k worth of recoepts - none of which are for a respray- it’s all pretty standard bar exhaust - car maintained by Motomech and then FCSS and JBT too
Posted By: Lee_k

Re: Agreed values - first time classic insurance user - 19/04/2018 18:00

Hi,

Cant help too much im afraid. The valuation sounds about right i'd say for a plus but i thought you'd need to send photos from all 4 angles, under bonnet etc!?

Lee
Posted By: tim16v

Re: Agreed values - first time classic insurance user - 20/04/2018 05:17

I had an agreed value on the 2.4 that was written off in 2016 (no fault by me and the other party admitted liability).

I got paid in full but had disclosed absolutely everything in writing on taking the policy out and had also submitted photos.

Bit strange your broker doesn't want full written disclosure - might be worth double checking this to be on the safe side.
Posted By: bobbyboy

Re: Agreed values - first time classic insurance user - 20/04/2018 05:27

I've recently taken out a policy with them too.
Photos and written details aren't needed with them unless the value is 10k plus.
I suspect any invoices, past MOT's history and photos would help if any claim did occur, to back your agreed value.
Posted By: Desmond

Re: Agreed values - first time classic insurance user - 21/04/2018 06:51

I suspect the pain will start when you claim. I was looking at Hegarty myself but have convinced myself out of calling them. I may still try.

Adrian Flux told me that to qualify for classic, the car does need to be parked in a garage, which I don’t have. All other criteria qualify incl.very limited annual mileage.

Most non classic insurers are likely to accept your own valuation but on claim will likely look at the bottom end of the market when paying out.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK