Fiat Coupe Club UK

They make it up as they go!

Posted By: sharman

They make it up as they go! - 23/10/2017 20:58

I'm moving house next month. Not far only 2 miles away in a straight line. My new house has a garage and a gated driveway,sweet I thought, that will help with insurance. And I get my 5 years NCB. NOPE. £320 jumps to £1010!! Needless to say I'm spewing.

Re: They make it up as they go! - 23/10/2017 21:06

For reference. 35 years old, never had any points or convictions, never claimed.
I paid less than that to insure my first car 5 years ago. Which was a 2.0 Alfa 146ti. And I lived in London.
Posted By: pvig73

Re: They make it up as they go! - 24/10/2017 07:55

Annoying isn't it. I had my renewal come through (Chris Knott) which was raised £60 to £600 with 7K limited mileage. I asked why and the reply was that I live in a high risk postcode and that insurance as a whole was going up.

I stated that my area used to be quite bad for car crime but now I don't hear of much via the area's online forum. I also said I've made no claims, I have 18 years no claims discount, clean licence and close to my mid 40's so why is MY renewal going up? What also annoys me is that a 30 year old fella down the road has a BMW 330 twin turbo and pays £450! That really stumped me.

Managed to get my insurance down to £430 via Direct Line.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: They make it up as they go! - 24/10/2017 11:42

Good grief, shocked that is expensive. I'm under two hundred quid for both my cars, each that is. Post code lottery & age helps... smile

Re: They make it up as they go! - 24/10/2017 14:39

This is a pure example of post code roulette. I get another year NCB and nothing else has changed apart from my address and the price near on triples 2 miles down the road.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK