Fiat Coupe Club UK

Admiral

Posted By: Gripped

Admiral - 23/02/2013 19:39

I was in a bit of a rush, what with making a completely impulsive buy (again)... so my choice was limited. But Admiral did FC with my missus on the policy, limited miles for £386. Not bad considering.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Admiral - 05/03/2013 20:32

My experience with Admiral is that you get what you pay for and having made a claim and therefore tested the way they handle what ultimately we pay for I won't be renewing with them, no matter if they are the cheapest. The hassle to get them to agree to fix everything following an accident which was not my fault was far too much - 5 months before they reluctantly agreed the claim, and I had to pay for an independent engineer to inspect my car to get that from them.

Hope you have better luck!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Admiral - 05/03/2013 20:53

i have been with admiral for a few years now and have never had a problem.... but i mustve been luck because a few people havent renewed with them

Re: Admiral - 06/03/2013 22:00

Hope I don't need to test their service out .....

Luckily, Chuck Norris is my Uncle, so I'll send him round to their offices to sort 'em out.
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Admiral - 20/03/2013 14:51

I just got a renewal from them and for the first time ever it's cheaper than the previous year shocked

Ok I'm an old bloke, have the Mrs added to policy and have a full NCB with no accidents or convictions.

I've been quoted on Fully comp, SD&P+C, Car garaged & limited to 4000 miles P/A with mods declared....

Renewal is less than £250 and only has a £100 excess with the policy. They've just told me that if I add an excess the price will be even cheaper. Compare the Meerkat can't get close, only one under £300 but with a £350 excess crazy

I was going to keep the car off the road this year to save money but this price is tempting me not to. I would probably loose more, loss of NCD, if I SORN and didn't insure it?

Re: Admiral - 20/03/2013 15:33

Hmm, Flux have just quoted slightly cheaper... Looks like 2013 could be a good year to insure a coupé.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Admiral - 20/03/2013 19:20

Get it done Bob.
Posted By: volumex

Re: Admiral - 20/03/2013 20:25

cant knock flux ..... a guy reversed into my coupe a couple of years ago ... bonnet grille and bumper cloud9 went through there claims company .... the usual knock for knock until i produced a witness .... everything after that was done quick and efficient .... brand new bonnet,bumper fitted i had a plus grille fitted but it was no longer available so they fitted a LE grille ..... the only problem was to this day i am getting phone calls to claim for injury ...and its DOING MY HEAD IN.... contact flux and ask them about it before you comit

Re: Admiral - 21/03/2013 10:45

I used Livingstones Warman for my old Coupe. A small outfit, but cheap and friendly service.

Re: Admiral - 21/03/2013 13:45

I've also had a competetive quote off the FCCUK insurance scheme too, so many choices smile

I do like the sound of the FCCUK scheme read
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Admiral - 21/03/2013 17:44

Originally Posted By: Barmybob
I've also had a competetive quote off the FCCUK insurance scheme too, so many choices smile

I do like the sound of the FCCUK scheme read

Yep. That is the one I'm renewing for the 3rd year running.

The new policy is even better than last years, I don't know anywhere else I am going to get included UK breakdown recovery as well as optional guaranteed repatriation to the UK from europe for an 18 year-old car.

Re: Admiral - 27/03/2013 13:42

Done smile

Re: Admiral - 23/05/2015 17:22

Good results again

£254 for the Coupe - dropped mileage down a bit
£278 for the Leon - normal mileage.

Both on multicar policy. Both with two of us to drive.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Admiral - 24/05/2015 15:14

Yes it is cheap, but they will write your car off for a couple of hundred pounds worth of damage and they probably wont let you buy the salvage.

The company that would not insure a car with a strut brace " because it makes it more attractive to thieves" and who tried to tell me that a brand new FACTORY engine was a modification!

Ok for your eurobox daily driver but as useful as a chocolate teapot for anything else apart from proving to the old bill that you have 3rd party liability insurance.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK