Fiat Coupe Club UK

LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS

Posted By: Anonymous

LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 02/12/2012 22:50

So I'm new and this is my first Coupe, but not my first sporty car having owned a Metro GTa, 827 Vitesse and 820 Vit Turbo previously. I traded in my 2.2 Omega for the Coupe which was not much slower (The O is 1 second slower to 60 and has a similar max speed)

So I rings up my insurer, LV whom I have been with for YEARS and tell them I am changing the car, go through all the info and then the lady on the phone stops talking and takes an intake of breath and says I am really sorry but we won't cover you on this car until you are 30 (I am 30 in 6 weeks time).

Now to be fair it wasn't her fault and she has waived the cancellation fees but I then had to spend a very frantic morning organising new insurance, cancelling the old and setting up new DDs etc plus I had to make sure I had extra money in the account in case the new firm wanted a large deposit upfront. I have also had to chase up proof of NCD as the new company (Swift Cover) can't be bothered to check with the MIB or take my word for it!

I'm really bemused, LV didn't bat an eyelid when I bought the 827 Vitesse (177 bhp V6) at 25, or the 820 Turbo (4 cyl 200bhp) at 26, even when my 25 TD was destroyed by a truck (not my fault) they didn't mind me replacing it with a MG ZR version of the same car or when I bought a V6 powered Rover 75 (160 bhp) the following year.

As I said in the title, totally crackers, yet we have to have it by law!

Now luckily I'm not out of pocket as Swift Cover are charging me £30 a year less for the Coupe than LV were for the Omega. How that works out I don't know....

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 02/12/2012 22:54

Try next time neil willies insurance on the forum they have been spot on and am running a big spec LE with around 500bhp at 29yrs old with only 3yrs no claims.

Welcome to the forum enjoy the coupe there are addictive.

All the best Shaun.

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 02/12/2012 22:55

Ps insurance is hard work.

And they don't make sense lol.

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 02/12/2012 22:55

Cheers Shaun, will definitely be having a chat with them come renewal time.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 03/12/2012 13:23

It's worth shopping around each year to get the best deal. Neil Willies & Adrian Flux have been very competitve this year.

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 03/12/2012 19:49

is it a 20v non-turbo I take it? as they are way faster than a 2.2 omega!

and a metro gta. sporty? rolleyes

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 03/12/2012 20:54

Yes its a 2.0 20v N/A

My Omega was a 2.2 petrol manual which developed 144bhp, did 0-60 in 9.5 seconds and had a max speed of 130 mph (when it worked) so on paper was not much slower but in reality would never be able to keep up.

As for the Metro its all relative wink

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 03/12/2012 21:05

If the Metro was your first car, it is a super car compares to mine. (a 1.3 Uno!!!)
enjoy the 20v mate, not sure how much faster it is compare to the Omega, but pretty sure it will handle better and believe me, you will be looking for a 20v turbo before you know it!!!

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 04/12/2012 00:39

It was my 2nd Metro, I upgraded from a 1.1L

Oh the 20v handles like a peach its one of the most 'planted' cars I've ever driven.
Posted By: H_R

Re: LV Car Insurance=CRACKERS - 05/12/2012 19:36

Yeah i dont get the insurance lark either im paying £250 for a 02 mondeo TDDi and £290 for my 20vt and they are both with admiral, neil willies adrian flux and a few others were all around £400-£500 mark and this is a standard car not a modified one, just dont make any sense at all would not mind paying them sort of figures if it was modified! oh and when i got a quote for the 20vt on a single policy it came in at £270 and the mondeo was around £260 there is just no comparison between the 2 cars whats that all about!! (must be mondeo drivers or something!!)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK