Fiat Coupe Club UK

What documents?

Posted By: Anonymous

What documents? - 12/05/2012 09:59

Hi , what documents do i need to have to go to france via eurotunnel or boat with car ?
thank you smile

Re: What documents? - 12/05/2012 11:31

You will need your Passport for ID.(in theory you don't need it, but to avoid hassle take it)

Officially you should have your Full Driving Licence which means the paper document also. I only take the paper part when hiring a car abroad not when driving my own car.

Re: What documents? - 12/05/2012 12:13

Thanks , any special Insurance?
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: What documents? - 12/05/2012 13:08

You are required to take the following when driving in Europe:

Full driving licence (both parts)
Insurance certificate
Uk Mot cert
Logbook (v5)
Full set of spare bulbs
Warning triangle
High VIS vests

I've only ever been asked to provide it once by the French police, in about 20 times!

You'll never be asked to provide anything by eurotunnel. As Lego says, driving licence is theoretically fine but best take the passport.

Hope that helps!

Re: What documents? - 12/05/2012 14:39

Originally Posted By: laurysr
Thanks , any special Insurance?

For the Tunnel or Boat - Passports are the most likely the docs they are going to ask you for.

For your Holiday in general you'll need what Hovedan has listed above. (Though I personally wouldn't ever take my MOT or V5.). So copies of your Car insurance and Breakdown insurance should be carried. Travel Insurance is you own personal choice.
My advice is to buy Annual Travel Insurance as it's a lot less hassle and generally cheaper and covers you for UK travel as well.

Re: What documents? - 12/05/2012 15:38

Oh! and your EHIC Card.
See link below if you haven't already got one.

http://www.nhs-direct.org.uk/

Re: What documents? - 12/05/2012 15:41

Thank you smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK