Fiat Coupe Club UK

would they write this off...

Posted By: Anonymous

would they write this off... - 09/05/2012 18:32

some numpty crashed into the back of me as I was stationary at a junction. I have a fully comp classic car policy, Called them up and wheels are in motion as it were.

A picture of the damage click to enlarge

The rear quarter panel also includes the roof and A pillars and is a large panel. I have never been involved in an accident before and I am unfamiliar with how they quote for repairs. Would they consider dent removal, filler and paint or do they just price up the panel, paint etc.

My insurance company are offering me a comparable hire car and to take my vehicle away for assessment and possibly repair. I'm not all that keen for my car to be taken away especially with what happened when my car went in for its MOT(see my previous posts) and would rather arrange repairs myself. I have a friend who owns an accident repair bodyshop, and Im sure he could match/beat any quote that there repair centers would submit. I really dont want my car to be written off especially as the damage is really only slight.

Does anyone have an idea how the assessor would see this damage?

Re: would they write this off... - 09/05/2012 21:07

If they do they you should get the option to buy back and repair as you see fit. Only thing is the car might be classed as a Cat D.
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: would they write this off... - 09/05/2012 21:25

try and find out what the write off price is, then get 3 quotes and get your mate to be the lowest and under the write off price

Re: would they write this off... - 03/08/2012 18:49

well my solicitors have had an... (ahem), independent engineer inspect my car and he has deemed it an economical write-off And are now pursuing the third party for the pre-accident vehicle valuation, after which I can repair or dispose of the car as I see fit, not to sure about whether it then be classed as a "write off" I have had a few verbal quotations for the work which I don't really want to discuss but the companies asked to quote wouldn't give a written quote without charging me in the region of £50+VAT crazy for the privilege.
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: would they write this off... - 04/08/2012 10:59

I had an almost identical damage to the my sprint blue coupe.

click to enlarge

Look closely you can see.
I sold the coupe to a pal who had the repair made. Car looked perfect.Sure it cost around £250 all in.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK