Fiat Coupe Club UK

Am I just thick?

Posted By: Anonymous

Am I just thick? - 07/07/2006 16:52

Ended up buying an alfa gtv instead of a coop but still read the site and this section helped me halve all the quotes i got so far which were over a grand. Went with greenlight and they've been cheap, easy to contact and prompt with letters etc. However, I'm keeping my other car and transferring the NCB across. I've had my own policy for 2 1/2 yrs now with no claims. However because i've had 3 different cars and all different insurance companies i can only actually use 1 NCB. This came as a surprise to me and i think i (sort of) understand why but the fella at greenlight sounded like he thought i was retarded.
I then rang about another query and again, the same bloke just sounded plain annoyed. I don't know much about insurance procedures but i'm sure i'm not that slow that it's a royal pain explaining it?

It seems insurance companies are only happy if you change your car or insurer exactly at the point of renewal. Anything else turns into a headf*ck and you inevitably end up paying more. As for the shafting you get for running two cars.....

Rant over, feel better.

Re: Am I just thick? - 07/07/2006 21:26

If the NCB was earnt at the same time on 3 different cars under 3 different policies then the NCB could not be combined.

If the NCB was earnt on one policy over 3 years then you would be entitled to 3 years.

It all depends on what your proof of NCB shows. If your latest proof shows 1 year then that is all we could allow. If you can provide a proof showing 3 years then we could amend our records accordingly and issue any refund due.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards
neil
Greenlight

Re: Am I just thick? - 08/07/2006 05:01

Elephant combined our NCBs, I had to ask very nicely as they don't normally do it. Got a very competitive quote too
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK