Fiat Coupe Club UK

A Break in insurance, advice please.

Posted By: bockers

A Break in insurance, advice please. - 28/09/2011 15:52

Just sold my coupe due to conditions at work. If things go well i may be able to get another car in the spring, but what should I do with my insurance?

It runs out in October and I will not have a car to insure. I am covered on our Family car under my wifes insurance and will be driving still, although only at weekends. Will a break of six months lose me my NCB? If so shall i just insure a chepa runabout?

Advice info etc welcome.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: A Break in insurance, advice please. - 28/09/2011 15:57

I'm pretty sure that a break of up to 2 years is normally acceptable with insurers before affecting NCBs.
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: A Break in insurance, advice please. - 28/09/2011 23:26

Yup as above.Two years is the norm for ncb.After that you will lose it.

Re: A Break in insurance, advice please. - 29/09/2011 09:01

Cool, if I am still looking for a job after two years I'll have bigger problems than car insurance frown
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A Break in insurance, advice please. - 29/09/2011 09:32

Yes No Claims Bonus remains valid for two years from the cancellation date, so if you cancel it then two years from now, if you leave the policy running then two years from the renewal date, October.

One way to keep it going is to alternate using it with your wife's no claims bonus every year to insure your other car

Re: A Break in insurance, advice please. - 30/09/2011 13:21

Originally Posted By: NeilWilliesInsurance
One way to keep it going is to alternate using it with your wife's no claims bonus every year to insure your other car

Good idea, many thanks.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK