Fiat Coupe Club UK

How much is my coop worth?

Posted By: Anonymous

How much is my coop worth? - 28/05/2009 13:35

Toying with the idea of selling my coop - a 80 mile round trip to work and back is on the cards for the foreseeable future : (

Scotts Green R reg 20VT
black leather, air con
Standard - no mods

Good bits
FSH mainly Powerfiat and Motormech
2nd cambelt 12 months ago
New exhaust, clutch, exhaust manifold, wishbones, thermostat handbrake cables all in last 25k
Paint and bodywork not bad for an 11 year old car (in my opinion)

Bad bits

Wheels need refurbing
Drivers bolster worn (gliptoned and dyed but still worn)
Needs a new turbo - intermittent boost (but no smoke) ("excessive play in turbo" according to Paul @ Motormech)

I love my car and am reluctant to sell but if it transpires that i have to do 80 miles a day then she'll have to go. She's always warmed up and down correctly and to be honest my driving resembles that of an old lady!

How much do you think she's worth in her current state and how much if I sort the turbo??

Thanks guys
Posted By: simonj

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 28/05/2009 14:16

At a guess, £1.8-£2k in current state, maybe £2,250 with the turbo fixed.

If you get by with driving it gently, why not keep it for the longer commute - the Coupe can deal with the miles and you should get 30+mpg out of it. Is it worth taking the hit on the sale as well as the hassle of selling?

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 30/05/2009 14:47

Based on current market values, expect a more realistic £1,200-1,500 in current condition maybe £1,800 with turbo fixed. Mileage and colour reflect in valuation. I think with all respect simonj is being a little optomistic.

I have 15 years main agent Motor Trade experience and value cars every day.

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 20/06/2009 06:47

If you get by with driving it gently, why not keep it for the longer commute - the Coupe can deal with the miles and you should get 30+mpg out of it.
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 20/06/2009 12:25

£1500 - £1750

I think I'd keep it with the money you've already spent. Fix the turbo and I'll be you fall in love again!

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 20/06/2009 13:27

1.5-1.8k I'd say.

I love Scotts Green, but it's not the biggest seller colour wise.

There is a lovely Speed Red in the for sale section thats fully sorted for £1800 ish.

Fix it!

Gareth

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 20/06/2009 19:20

Say you get at a push £1,500 in real terms what are you going to purchase instead that won't also cost you cash?

Seems criminal to abandon a car you know and invested time and money to chuck it away IMO.

If it was me I would keep the coop and purchase a Primera or similar which are bland, cheap and quite happily eat the miles with little hassle.

Good luck

Re: How much is my coop worth? - 21/06/2009 16:19

Ha! I've decided to keep the coop for the time being - just can't face the idea of selling her, it's as simple as that!

I'll be phoning Power Italia tomorrow to arrange a T28 360 degree thrust bearing special smile

Thanks for the input guys.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK