Fiat Coupe Club UK

Is it worth more whole or in bits?

Posted By: Anonymous

Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 16:19

Is a 16vt worth more whole or in parts?

The turbo has gone (had good compression across all 4 cylinders though)
Needs a wheel and new bonnet

Has 9 months MOT.

Need it shifting as im about to step up payments on my house but not sure whether to break it or sell whole.

Any opinions?

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:03

I'd have thought it depends on whether it has history, reasonable mileage and good bodywork/interior. If so, it could be worth saving and someone on here would give it a go.

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:20

pics? smile colour? kit? etc

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:50

87,000 miles, Green, Dent of front bonnet and front bumper would need a re-spray due to paint flaking (nothing too bad though) No history apart from what i have just done this afternoon (new spark plugs, HT leads, oil and filter, air filter, coolant flush, new coil pack)

Dont know what you mean by kit im afraid, sorry. Im new to the world of coupes smile

Posted By: samsite999

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:51

again, it depends how you feel about the car. your going to make more breaking it if you have the time and the space. but it would be nice to give some one else the chance to restore it perhaps?

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:52

then your looking at a few 100 quid at best, its unlikely any one on here would take it on unless they wanted a project or to break it them selfs

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:55

There is no connection between me and the car. It stands me at about £800, so not sure if i would get that as whole or not.

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:57

Ok thanks for the replies

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 17:59

needs a new turbo, body pannels, a respray, and probably the belts doing, you wont find any one here that will pay that money for it.
the 20vt bits go faster as more people have them on here than the 16vt

if im very blunt, £400 if your very lucky as a hole. thats what i think the last 16vt that needed a some work (less than yours) went for

any tax or MOT, tires/breaks/clutch?

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 18:13

sorry, it sounds like im being harsh, and a little cold, thats not my intention.

there seems to be very little middle ground with coupes, 20vt's always sell better than 16vt's and any one in the know here will generally avoid a coupe with no history because they can turn in to real money pits.

a good 16vt with good paint, history...ect will comanad about 1.5k on a good day, you can pick up a average condition with the big jobs done like the turbo, cam belt and clutch for about 1k, but it wont be perfect (indeed my last 16vt with history, all the jobs done and from a forum owner cost me 1k)

a 16vt with no history, needing work like a turbo, poss belts poss clutch and having body work issues will command a very small price for the sheer cost of getting it in road worthy condition again (and asteticly)

if you were to say 300 for the turbo (refurb unit) and thats with out fitting it, 100 for the bonnet, another 200 for all the belts and tentunes to be done

your already looking at £600 in bills, and then you have to still sort out the bumper, so a second hand one is again going to cost you 60+
then your going to end up with a car thats different shades of green, and there still is no history to the car bar your own work.

at a buying cost of 800 quid, the new owner has then had to pile in another 600 quid, and thats just not economical

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 19:08

I didnt take it that way, you obv know what you are talking about so cutting straight to the point is the way i do it.

9 months mot, 3 excellent tyres, wouldnt say the clutch has been done.

[url=[url=http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=48462][img]http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/07032009283.jpg[/img][/url]]Rear of Coupe[/url]

[url=[url=http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=48461][img]http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/07032009280.jpg[/img][/url]]Front of Coupe[/url]

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 19:10

Will add pics in a min when i have read properly how to add them

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 19:13

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 23:46

Am I right in saying that this is a very rare colour?

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 14/03/2009 23:56

Not Energy green is it? Thought that was on rare 20v's

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 15/03/2009 00:28

That is the 16v Chamonix Green smile

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 15/03/2009 07:32

Havent got a clue what color it is im afriad, if some one could tell me though it would be much appreciated. Will have a go at pactching up the front bumper then.

Its a 16vt if that helps? Is there a sticker with a color code on?

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 15/03/2009 10:08

It's Chamonix green wink
so 370 – Verde Chamonix met - Chamonix Green metallic

Re: Is it worth more whole or in bits? - 15/03/2009 10:44

Thanks for the reply, will see if i can get so paint for it in the week and get the compressor out to sort the front bumper
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK