Fiat Coupe Club UK

Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me?

Posted By: Anonymous

Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 17/12/2008 02:15

As above really, PM me if able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 17/12/2008 08:08

Bump!
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 18/12/2008 18:40

Spee, there are a number of threads in here of you asking people to view cars for you all over the country. I would say, that if I was serious about buying a car then I would make the journey to view it. I can appreciate that you think it may save you some time in not going to view a dog, but everybody's opinion varies and even the newest Coupé is 8 years old.

My advice is print off the buyer's guide from here, and take a good look yourself.

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 18/12/2008 19:34

Sorry, thats what I thought clubs were all about! Owners past and present helping eachother out with issues of all kinds. I've viewed cars for people and offered also. It's no problem. An expert once over from someone who can get to the car in minutes rather than hours and hours would save a lot of trouble and money for a potential buyer, thats anyone, not just me. The last car I viewed for someone up here was a 50 mile round trip for me, but it saved the guy I viewed it for a 400 mile round trip!

Nuff said?

Gareth
Posted By: Benny

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 18/12/2008 21:38

I got to agree with the Brewster,

peoples opinions on what a good or bad car varies a lot ;\)

If i was going to buy or veiw a car i would rather see it
with my own two eyes, regarless of milage \:\)

Ben
Posted By: MattM

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 18/12/2008 22:34

So why have the 'sticky' for members who are willing to view cars?

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 18/12/2008 23:07

Thats another point!

Guys, you seem to be missing the point, this is how it works......

Somebody wants a car viewing as it's miles away etc etc. You've wasted lots of time and money viewing a lot of unsuitable cars prior. All you want is a quick objective eye over to establish if it's worth traveling to view, so..................

You put out a call on the forum, if anyone can help, they get in touch.

You discuss, the person wanting to view the car briefs the person actually viewing the car as to what he/she is loosely looking for and the car gets viewed according to this discussion (this can be through PM's or on the phone, I prefer a chat on the blower!).

The car gets viewed.

The guy/girl viewing the car gets back to the guy who asked him/her to view and gives an honest opinion of the car in relation to the parameters already discussed.

The guy/girl who is interested in the car can then make a more informed decision as to wether the car is worth traveling hundreds of miles to see.

To be fair, this is more important with none club cars, the three club cars I have viewed, I took the plunge and travelled to view them without using this service. Known club cars will always be less of a risk so far as wasted journeys are concerned, and you can ask a lot of relevant questions, browse their previous posts etc before deciding to view.

Simple!

It's a great service and thanks to the guys that have helped me so far.

I'll also take this opportunity to reiterate that if anyone wants a car viewing up my neck of the woods, please get in touch with me, I'll be happy to help.

That is the spirit of a car club, we are all in this club/forum to keep these cars going, cars we love. ANY help in doing this is always good, helping with viewings is a great way of helping potential or existing owners find a car which they will hopefully, love, cherish and keep tip top and on the road, surely the whole purpose of this car club is this?

Anyway, point made!

Best regards

Gareth

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 10:36

Originally Posted By: Spee
Thats another point!

Guys, you seem to be missing the point, this is how it works......

Somebody wants a car viewing as it's miles away etc etc. You've wasted lots of time and money viewing a lot of unsuitable cars prior. All you want is a quick objective eye over to establish if it's worth traveling to view, so..................

You put out a call on the forum, if anyone can help, they get in touch.

You discuss, the person wanting to view the car briefs the person actually viewing the car as to what he/she is loosely looking for and the car gets viewed according to this discussion (this can be through PM's or on the phone, I prefer a chat on the blower!).

The car gets viewed.

The guy/girl viewing the car gets back to the guy who asked him/her to view and gives an honest opinion of the car in relation to the parameters already discussed.

The guy/girl who is interested in the car can then make a more informed decision as to wether the car is worth traveling hundreds of miles to see.

To be fair, this is more important with none club cars, the three club cars I have viewed, I took the plunge and travelled to view them without using this service. Known club cars will always be less of a risk so far as wasted journeys are concerned, and you can ask a lot of relevant questions, browse their previous posts etc before deciding to view.

Simple!

It's a great service and thanks to the guys that have helped me so far.

I'll also take this opportunity to reiterate that if anyone wants a car viewing up my neck of the woods, please get in touch with me, I'll be happy to help.

That is the spirit of a car club, we are all in this club/forum to keep these cars going, cars we love. ANY help in doing this is always good, helping with viewings is a great way of helping potential or existing owners find a car which they will hopefully, love, cherish and keep tip top and on the road, surely the whole purpose of this car club is this?

Anyway, point made!

Best regards

Gareth

Just IMHO its best to veiw cars your self \:\)

Ben

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 16:22

Did you read the last post?
Posted By: JimO

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 16:33

I can save you time, I once viewed a car for someone on here and saved them a 300 odd mile trip, it was 4 miles from me, and it only took 5 minutes to work out it was a dog of a car, thus saving someone 300 miles and costs and time.

I don't think Spee is asking for someone to look at the car and then he will buy it on their say so, but it saves that initial journey if the car is a dog. If anyone were to buy a car on just someone else say, then thats just daft in my opinion.

\:\)

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 17:09

Gareth,

Caterham is only 15 miles from me (40mins ish) if you wanted to combine potential viewings.

Scott

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 17:34

I'd noticed this Scott! ;\)

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 17:37

Originally Posted By: JimO
I can save you time, I once viewed a car for someone on here and saved them a 300 odd mile trip, it was 4 miles from me, and it only took 5 minutes to work out it was a dog of a car, thus saving someone 300 miles and costs and time.

I don't think Spee is asking for someone to look at the car and then he will buy it on their say so, but it saves that initial journey if the car is a dog. If anyone were to buy a car on just someone else say, then thats just daft in my opinion.

Hoorah! Jimo understands!

Spot on, I won't buy a car on the strength of someone else's viewing! If people just read through the post properly!

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 18:35

Originally Posted By: JimO

Im sorry but I totally agree \:D he is only asking for someones opinion if someone lives nearby and could save him a) a few hours and b) fuel/train travel I dont see the harm?

If the car is fedback to him that its good one then im sure he'd make the trip.

The coup market isnt what it is 8 years ago now - so not worth travelling 300 miles for any potential as to be honest most out there that Ive seen on the market are dogs currently! \:mad\:

Sorry Garteh im not closer, I cant help you - maybe someone who is might be able to \:\)

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 19/12/2008 20:37

I did read through the post propley; i was just saying what i thought, nothing more.

Ben

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 20/12/2008 02:44

It's ok Kevin, I know you are in the same boat trying to find the right car. I have 3 viewings tomorrow, all within 50 miles so you never know. Then a break for Christmas as I'm getting tired of it all at the moment! Will start again in earnest in the New Year if needs be, although I have a few far flung ones to view when time allows.

Gareth

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 06/01/2009 11:53

I'm about 5 miles from this car, I can view it if you like!

I've had 3 Coop's so I have a rough idea about what to look for!!!

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 06/01/2009 12:15

You have PM \:P

Re: Caterham area viewing -Can anyone view for me? - 16/01/2009 19:46

Please lock, thanks to all who helped in my search, they know who they are.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK