Fiat Coupe Club UK

low mileage experience

Posted By: Anonymous

low mileage experience - 05/12/2008 11:52

Now at 12,600 ...second owner,9 months ownership.

I knew i d be in for a full set of belts and tyres/tracking change on purchase as everything was as it left the factory some 9 years earlier bar service items !
Next week, pads all around, intermediate oil/filter change,aux belt adjust, and new fiat heavily greased handbrake cables to cure freezing of late..
only problems have been the aircon fuse that had a high resistance creating enough heat to melt the holder that has been replaced and cured the problem. occasional code light eventually cured by jiggling conections on yellow box...

So there you have it, i did nt escape the 1000 pound average spend per year thats believed necessary to keep a coupe on the road !!!!
would i buy another low miler ???
Yes ! actively searching for a plus/Le
Posted By: neil_r

Re: low mileage experience - 05/12/2008 12:50

OK, I have the weedy but reliable 20V. First owner since April 1997, basically the car that takes me to work and more used in the cold German winters than the summer. About 40k in 11 years. It is showing no signs of aging due to limited use. Usual costs in servicing, tyres, brakes, batteries, exhausts and belts. Almost nothing else. Way under the 1000 pounds a year, probably more like 2500 altogether. But there is the 12-13k depreciation I guess, but that would have been at least as bad for any other similar car bought new.

Re: low mileage experience - 05/12/2008 13:56

12.600? Kin ell.

Congrats. Just have to be the owner of the lowest mileage Coop - in the world, maybe?

I guess the Far East examples "may" be lower, but I can't see otherwise, how yours isn't the lowest.

Anyone?
Posted By: mrc

Re: low mileage experience - 05/12/2008 14:19

Can we have some pictures of this beast? \:\) Mr C

Re: low mileage experience - 05/12/2008 19:38

The car looks much the same as others bar a spotless engine bay and underneath,i dont think it had ever seen rain...
unfortunatly, it has now as i choose to use it !!
The point of my thread is as a comparisson for the would be buyer of a low miler... seems to me the advantages are..
cluch - ok
All suspension including rubbers/bushes - ok
seats/bodywork/exhaust- ok
belts/tyres/tracking/pads required at an extra cost [my 1000] on top of the purchase price and you ve got a sorted coupe for the time being...!

Re: low mileage experience - 06/12/2008 19:49

Having seen Bosco's car i can say it is very clean.

Are you going put some more miles on it and come up the cat and fiddle tomorrow?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK