Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coops for sale reporting??????

Posted By: Anonymous

Coops for sale reporting?????? - 01/12/2008 17:15

Just a thought, but, would it be wrong to report on any coops viewed through the usual channels, ie. Auto Trader, Piston Heads, Ebay etc? Just a few lines about the general state of the car and such, or would this idea get us into trouble?

OR, perhaps anyone who views a car from any of the above etc, could put the link to what they viewed into a forum members only thread inviting PM's asking for the dirt on said car??

Something like this would have saved me a small fortune in petrol, general wear on my partners little car, my time and my patience!!!

What do we think, comments welcome!

Gareth
Posted By: flyingcustard

Re: Coops for sale reporting?????? - 01/12/2008 18:47

I have viewed a few cars and if the advert is way off eg described as (mint condition)and is clearly not! \:mad\: i`ve reported back to the moderator`s to warn potential buyers etc.
I traveled a few hundred miles looking at trash so this seens like a good idea, but it obvioulsly has some major drawbacks \:\(
Dave

Re: Coops for sale reporting?????? - 01/12/2008 19:08

Thanks Dave, it is a good idea I think, especially if it stops forum members, and club members as well, from buying a money pit of a pig, and I can tell you there are a lot out there. Obviously any comments will be down to personal opinion, but thinking it through, if the "PM me for my opinion" option was taken up, there is less chance of a good enough car that wasn't good enough for one person, in their opinion, being slated and left impossible to shift.

G

Re: Coops for sale reporting?????? - 04/12/2008 21:43

Not much input for this, surely it's a big help if your actively looking?

G

Re: Coops for sale reporting?????? - 05/12/2008 10:45

Well Gareth

Youve helped me out already, the one I was going to view that was over 200 miles away which was described as mint! \:mad\: by the dealer, sounds like a dog from what youve said.

Re: Coops for sale reporting?????? - 06/12/2008 14:35

Yep, I looked again for you, it's still a dog! I'll call you later. If anyone else is thinking of looking at a Banana 20VT in the north west, PM me first, I could save you a lot of bother!

Gareth
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK