Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe's scrap value

Posted By: Anonymous

Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 01:59

My coupe seems to be on its last legs, the only thing still sweet is the engine but the rest of the car is now beyond economic repair it being an N/A and worth bugger all that is,

what does everyone reckon its worth as scrap or as a breaker, only after what I can get really, couple of hundred tops?

does have 20vt alloys but they have seen better days and desperately need a refurb, cloth not leather so no value there,

All Ideas on a postcard please.

Steve.

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 02:07

Strip it bare, sell the good stuff then way it in, otherwise all the good odds and sods on it will be lost forever!

G
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 02:17

What's wrong with it?

Might be worth pm'ing Joe - aka CountryCruising. He may be interested in buying it?

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 03:44

It would be quicker to list whats right with it to be honest, front wheel bearing on way out, drive shaft possibly as well, brakes need doing on the front, bonnet has a dent courtesy of a taxi driver who wouldn't admit to cutting me up, it has the obligatory laquer peel on one door, drivers seat has seen many a better day and the cambelt is knocking on 40,000 so due a change.

Totted up with the dent sorted and back to form and your looking at the price of a reasonable 20vt.

Be so sad to do it though, been my daily hack for 3 years now and the engine is still so sweet even after 105,000, I'd rather it went to keeping another coupe going than to cube it but in the current economic turmoil, needs must.

I might just go off and shed a tear now, it'll be like losing a best friend
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 09:39

\:\(

Well, what ever you decide, good luck.

I know even if you didn't bother with the bodywork, the mechanical jobs would probably cost around £800.

Tough decision to make \:\(

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 11:50

Someone who is mechanically minded could probably fix it up themselves to use as a runabout for a couple of hundred.

Scrap value is probably about £50-100, but you could always list it on ebay and see what you get.
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 17:37

don't crush it, coupes are few and far between, my solver 20v was repaired with much much more damage than that.

i put it on pistonheads for 200 quid and it went with in a houre

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 18/11/2008 20:09

its going in for its MOT tomorrow so we'll see how it fairs, I hope it passes and someone else, uses it, even if its only for a 12 month runaround, I don't want to see it cubed and shipped to china.

Oh and I will be back in the fold at some point soon, probably with a Tubby.

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 19/11/2008 14:27

Well in a moment of slight astonishment, it failed an MOT, but not by much, new discs and pads on front and a new tyre as outer edge has worn, thats it, guy at test centre even said it ran sweet whilst out in it.

Coupe looks to be saved from the crusher, at less than 200 quid to fix its got to be worth doing

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 19/11/2008 14:29

great news are they meant to take it out and drive it on an MOT ??

Re: Coupe's scrap value - 19/11/2008 14:45

I always tell them to give it an Italian tune up before the emissions, and its never failed yet.

Good indie garage to be honest, have popped down once or twice for little things and they've done it free as they know I'll use them again with good service.

I'm going to change the Glum face to a Smiley next to my username now.

Steve.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK