Fiat Coupe Club UK

Rosso red 20vt on ebay: T180 TDL

Posted By: Anonymous

Rosso red 20vt on ebay: T180 TDL - 12/09/2016 10:33

Hi people. I'm very keen on a coupe, have missed out / panicked and bailed out on a few so far. I'm starting to think about going down the "buy one that needs some work and pay someone to do it" route.

Which brings me on to this. A wine red coupe down in Bristol (literally the other side of the country to me in Norwich). Seller apparently hasn't been underneath it, so doesn't know what it'll need to get through the MOT. The MOT history doesn't look too bad. 88k is ok. Seats look in good nick.

Run away, or investigate? A good base on which to build? Any advice much appreciated!

Re: Rosso red 20vt on ebay: T180 TDL - 12/09/2016 21:06

It looks a decent price for the mileage and the mot history looks quite clean, no signs of rust issues at least.
I paid slightly more for a similar mileage car with no mot that hadn't been driven for 8 years. I'd budget around £1500 to get it into shape, maybe more if the turbos past it.
There aren't that many low mileage cars around, looks a good bet at first glance.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Rosso red 20vt on ebay: T180 TDL - 13/09/2016 21:40

Been off the road for a few years sporadically.
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Have a check if the Mot history

Re: Rosso red 20vt on ebay: T180 TDL - 14/09/2016 11:24

Thanks Bockers, I did have a look at that (although missed that it was on and off). I was mainly checking for hellish rust issues, of which I didn't see any.

Does anybody know if there are people local to Bristol who would check it out with / for me? I'll pay in beer or chocolate or even real money if necessary to get some peace of mind. I looked at the "Members willing to view cars" thread, but the Bristol / Avon entries are from a lllloooong time ago.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK